Why hasn't Dez signed yet

MeAgain

Reaction score
I say the FO should hire him back at a discount, then move him to free satey. Let him beat the heck out some smart*** wideouts. lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly ...I said before if I'm Dez, I'm in no hurry. Take a nice extended vacation and relax......I'm guessing at least couple teams have him hold until after the draft.
Yup, no urgency to work on that route running now...

Verdict

Reaction score
He’s holding out for more money while currently rejecting lowball offers.

Over/Under 10-Mill per?

It doesn't sound like he has received any interest let alone offers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you produce some of these "reports" please? Thanks.

Sure. I also understand fabrication as well.

Feel free to invent them so that you can feel better about things.

You don't have to invent things to know there are other possibilities. You have no more way of knowing the intent of the Cowboys was spite any more than I have of knowing the Cowboys coaches were working to trade Dez. The difference is I admit that I'm not privy to the thoughts of Jerry and Stephen, and your position is you have absolute insight into their thoughts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have to invent things to know there are other possibilities. You have no more way of knowing the intent of the Cowboys was spite any more than I have of knowing the Cowboys coaches were working to trade Dez. The difference is I admit that I'm not privy to the thoughts of Jerry and Stephen, and your position is you have absolute insight into their thoughts.

I don't claim to have absolute insight. But I'm not some homer who needs to invent excuses for them either.

The fact is that the timing of this move doesn't look good. It provided no advantage to the team and certainly not for the player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't claim to have absolute insight. But I'm not some homer who needs to invent excuses for them either.

The fact is that the timing of this move doesn't look good. It provided no advantage to the team and certainly not for the player.

First, that's an ill-informed, nonsense comment because I think Jerry has been a terrible GM, and I think Garrett should be replaced. Calling people homers just because they don't bite on whatever is the most dramatic soap opera scenario of the moment is nonsense, but that's often when you see the word "homer" used. It's as if you think Jerry and Jason aren't doing the job unless you also have to buy into whatever anyone says against them, no matter what.

Second, the fact that you won't even admit there is any possibility anything could have been going on in those 17 days actually disproves your comment about not claiming to have absolute insight. If you weren't claiming that, you would admit there are other possibilities, but you are claiming there aren't.

What is it that would even be causing that kind of spite? Sure Dez is vocal and emotional, but he's been that way for 8 years, and Jerry has always defended and supported him. Hell, Jerry is practically the Patron Saint of all troubled players. Why suddenly now would there be that kind of spite?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First, that's an ill-informed, nonsense comment because I think Jerry has been a terrible GM, and I think Garrett should be replaced. Calling people homers just because they don't bite on whatever is the most dramatic soap opera scenario of the moment is nonsense, but that's often when you see the word "homer" used. It's as if you think Jerry and Jason aren't doing the job unless you also have to buy into whatever anyone says against them, no matter what.

All evidence to the contrary. Is nobody supposed to see your clear path of asking one inane, uninformed "question" after another in this thread, attempting to come up with an excuse in any way that you possibly can? Well guess what? Cats out I feel the bag. You can continue to "play dumb" on this subject as much as you want. Nobody else is.

Second, the fact that you won't even admit there is any possibility anything could have been going on in those 17 days actually disproves your comment about not claiming to have absolute insight. If you weren't claiming that, you would admit there are other possibilities, but you are claiming there aren't.

Again, it's a dumb move until prove otherwise. Neither you, nor anyone else can provide a good reason why they waited. Merely hoping for something that there's no evidence for so you can feel better about it. Your weakness, not mine.

What is it that would even be causing that kind of spite? Sure Dez is vocal and emotional, but he's been that way for 8 years, and Jerry has always defended and supported him. Hell, Jerry is practically the Patron Saint of all troubled players. Why suddenly now would there be that kind of spite?

From Jerry? There wouldn't be. But from other snakes in the organization? Like Scott Linehan. I can sure believe so. Do some homework on what his past players thought of him. Sneak preview - they hated him.

But, for some unknown, undeserved reason, Scott Linehan - a guy who's playcalling gaffes Jerry himself has pointed out - gets increased control over this offense, coaching staff, and roster. When the fact is that the clown should have been fired years ago.

And take note of, just like after the Chaz Green meltdown, Linehan is in hiding with nothing to say on the matter. That's what's he does.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All evidence to the contrary. Is nobody supposed to see your clear path of asking one inane, uninformed "question" after another in this thread, attempting to come up with an excuse in any way that you possibly can? Well guess what? Cats out I feel the bag. You can continue to "play dumb" on this subject as much as you want. Nobody else is.

Again, it's a dumb move until prove otherwise. Neither you, nor anyone else can provide a good reason why they waited. Merely hoping for something that there's no evidence for so you can feel better about it. Your weakness, not mine.

From Jerry? There wouldn't be. But from other snakes in the organization? Like Scott Linehan. I can sure believe so. Do some homework on what his past players thought of him. Sneak preview - they hated him.

But, for some unknown, undeserved reason, Scott Linehan - a guy who's playcalling gaffes Jerry himself has pointed out - gets increased control over this offense, coaching staff, and roster. When the fact is that the clown should have been fired years ago.

And take note of, just like after the Chaz Green meltdown, Linehan is in hiding with nothing to say on the matter. That's what's he does.

Well, since you haven't seen all evidence, your comment about all evidence to the contrary isn't valid. I have often said I think Jerry is a bad GM, and if you have read any of several threads over the last few days where there was a lot of talk about Garrett, I have repeatedly said I feel he should be replaced, but I I just don't think that belief requires coming up with a lot of trumped up excuses to be justifiable. I think he is a good guy and a hard working guy, I just don't think he is a good head coach.

But that's just more of what we've seen with this entire discussion - you seem to think the only possible thing going on anywhere is what is right in front of your face. You see no room for possibilities other than what is easy to see and what you want to believe.

I haven't made excuses - I've merely said there are other possibilities. You are the only one in this discussion claiming to have an infallible viewpoint, and an unquestionable take on exactly what Jerry was thinking.

As for Scott Linehan, are you now saying he is controlling Jerry and telling him what to do? Are you saying Linehan somehow made Jerry act out of spite toward Dez even though Jerry had no spite toward Dez? Come on - I know you can't believe that. Linnehan may have not liked Dez and may have supported moving on from Dez, but surely you understand he isn't the guy deciding the timing or whether they seek trade partners or anything else beyond giving his opinion of the players. I don't think Linehan is a particularly strong OC, but it's plain silly to suggest the OC, whoever it is, wouldn't or shouldn't have a voice on what players he values.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, since you haven't seen all evidence, your comment about all evidence to the contrary isn't valid. I have often said I think Jerry is a bad GM, and if you have read any of several threads over the last few days where there was a lot of talk about Garrett, I have repeatedly said I feel he should be replaced, but I I just don't think that belief requires coming up with a lot of trumped up excuses to be justifiable. I think he is a good guy and a hard working guy, I just don't think he is a good head coach.

But that's just more of what we've seen with this entire discussion - you seem to think the only possible thing going on anywhere is what is right in front of your face. You see no room for possibilities other than what is easy to see and what you want to believe.

I haven't made excuses - I've merely said there are other possibilities. You are the only one in this discussion claiming to have an infallible viewpoint, and an unquestionable take on exactly what Jerry was thinking.

I've given you the opportunity to provide a single shred of actual evidence to suggest that it was anything other than awful timing. And you haven't. Because there isn't any.

As for Scott Linehan, are you now saying he is controlling Jerry and telling him what to do? Are you saying Linehan somehow made Jerry act out of spite toward Dez even though Jerry had no spite toward Dez? Come on - I know you can't believe that. Linnehan may have not liked Dez and may have supported moving on from Dez, but surely you understand he isn't the guy deciding the timing or whether they seek trade partners or anything else beyond giving his opinion of the players.

I think it took this amount of time to convince some people - specifically Jerry. I don't think Jerry even realizes that he screwed both Dez and the Cowboys with the timing. In fact, he probably thinks it was just fine. Like some idiot fans do.

I don't think Linehan is a particularly strong OC, but it's plain silly to suggest the OC, whoever it is, wouldn't or shouldn't have a voice on what players he values.

I'm saying the guy shouldn't have the job, go from there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - and how much proof do you have about what was in Jerry's mind at the time? But hey, all you have to say is you have a direct connection into Jerry's brain. I might be convinced to buy that.

Explain to me how spite is any more of a plausible explanation for a 17 day delay than making trade attempts. You have no more evidence of that than I do that the team tried to trade Dez. In fact, the evidence is EXACTLY the same for both possibilities.

As for whether Linnehan should have his job, that may be true, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the point you were trying to make when you brought him up. I don't necessarily think he should have his job either.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Why hasn't Dez signed yet.

maybe he hurt his pimp hand. or they won't let him put an X on the paper..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - and how much proof do you have about what was in Jerry's mind at the time? But hey, all you have to say is you have a direct connection into Jerry's brain. I might be convinced to buy that.

Explain to me how spite is any more of a plausible explanation for a 17 day delay than making trade attempts. You have no more evidence of that than I do that the team tried to trade Dez. In fact, the evidence is EXACTLY the same for both possibilities.
Well the Giants just released Brandon Marshall, so that opens the door for Dez Bryant to NYG possibly.....

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1530677

If Marshall is healthy, I don't know that Dez would be an upgrade.