Why is Dak refusing to give the cowboys a discount? Mahomes did!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak fired his agent in 2018 and hired Todd France when the Cowboys made it “Dak-friendly”. Dak said Beasley is his number 1, after Dez was made the 2017 scape-goat. Dak then flounders around on Quincy Carter levels. Stephen Jones then had to go get Amari Cooper by giving up picks to bail at Dak. All this while Dallas is wasting away its premiere OL and RG.

ny favorite part is how the Cowboys owed Dak for 2017, when Zeke was suspended and he was utter garbage, let alone pre-Amari trade. I mean even after Amari, the Cowboys offense got shut out by the Colts, because Dak couldn’t put up points against a cover 2.

This idea Dak is owed something instead of he shouldn’t be grateful to the Jones he’s the Garrett of QBs in training getting year after year in chances or that he is supposedly a victim to France is hard to believe.

Last edited:

Steve007

Reaction score
reported? by whom?

and right now the NFL QB market is in that range...so I wouldn't be surprised. next year will be around 45 and so on.

two years ago it was 30 and jones' wanted to sign him for 26-28....Dak didn't. Last year Jones' wanted 35M and 5 years and dak wanted a 4 year deal...now, if the market has moved (based on Watson's contract), then that's where the market is.
He turned down 36 million 5 year contract. It's been talked about for a while. The market is for elite players not average players. You don't give every qb in the league 40 million. Look at the teams that paid too much. Goff traded, Wentz benched, Ben will have to take a pay cut or get cut.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mahomes was basically on his way to his third SB in a row as a starting QB, but Tom Brady got the ball last in his first AFC conference championship game.

Anybody that compares Dak to Mahomes is literally delusional on Dak-mania.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It's not the same as a corporate company because if Prescott can take less now and have actually have some post season success or a sb he would be set for life with endorsement and endless media opportunities when done playing

You're just being one of those that can rationalize other people's money and can't use the same logic on their own. I'll add to my corporate example that you take less but hit all the metrics that gets you bonus money but you're still making less on base pay than all of your peers. Also you're saying even though Prescott's job is to play football he should get paid less and have to depend on some of his money coming from the success of his team in a team sport from entities other than the team he plays football for. Whats funny about that, not ha ha funny, is because other positions that don't have anywhere near as high market value and some players get market value contracts but nothing is said about that, only Prescott's because it's a larger market value. If you're going to whine about Prescott and his market value then you have to whine about every player who is getting the market which includes backup players that are getting the market value for backup players. If it's wrong for one player to get the market value then it's wrong for all players that get the market value.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I stated numbers . Dallas paid around 30 million less on defense than KC . And compared the mahomes cap hits . The results are Super Bowls .
You called it stupid .
we paid Martin, Collins, Smith, Zeke, Cooper, Jarwin.... KCs turn will come having to pay some of their offensive stars, it just so happens that's how it worked out for them....Plus they have one of the best offensive minds in NFL coaching....wouldn't you like to have had him!!! and signed the right mid level FA like Okafor, Hutchins, Damien Wilson, etc....as opposed to Poe, Mccoy, Griffin, Worley for similar money. if push comes to shove, I would have rather not paid Zeke and just draft a RB. our mistake, specially with two years left on the contract. if push comes to shove, as much as I love the guy (I really do), I would have not made Martin the highest paid RG in the league. quickly, without googling tell me the RG, LG for the championship game teams in 2020? nobody makes it to the superbowl because they have the best dang RG or LG....we need serviceable players in those positions. that's money wasted on a position that doesn't make the biggest impact...and again, I think Martin is one heck of a player and probably a HOFer....

so we are offensive heavy because we paid too much for two players that we really could have avoided.....and we paid Lawrence and Jaylon, making them top 5 in their positions and neither of them are paying off. btw, KC has two players on the defensive side with big contracts, Mathieu and Jones and they are both among the best....is Jaylon among the best? We let Hitchens walk, and he thrived in KC, while we signed bums for the same price, we let wilson walk,...who is doing our defensive evaluations!!!!!!!!!!!! we had Chavrious Ward and we let him walk to KC and he is one of their top CBs!!! why? who is doing our defensive evaluation...and this year KC gave Mahomes a 10 year almost 500M contract. that's 50M average, so is he counting 25% of their cap? and they made the superbowl, now two years in a row!!

until we fix our draft, we are not going to fix this team, no matter how much does Dak make...and if Dak takes lets say 5M less, will that 5M fix the defense? are we going to sign another Poe!!!! is that the solution....

basel90

Reaction score
we paid Martin, Collins, Smith, Zeke, Cooper, Jarwin.... KCs turn will come having to pay some of their offensive stars, it just so happens that's how it worked out for them....Plus they have one of the best offensive minds in NFL coaching....wouldn't you like to have had him!!! and signed the right mid level FA like Okafor, Hutchins, Damien Wilson, etc....as opposed to Poe, Mccoy, Griffin, Worley for similar money. if push comes to shove, I would have rather not paid Zeke and just draft a RB. our mistake, specially with two years left on the contract. if push comes to shove, as much as I love the guy (I really do), I would have not made Martin the highest paid RG in the league. quickly, without googling tell me the RG, LG for the championship game teams in 2020? nobody makes it to the superbowl because they have the best dang RG or LG....we need serviceable players in those positions. that's money wasted on a position that doesn't make the biggest impact...and again, I think Martin is one heck of a player and probably a HOFer....

so we are offensive heavy because we paid too much for two players that we really could have avoided.....and we paid Lawrence and Jaylon, making them top 5 in their positions and neither of them are paying off. btw, KC has two players on the defensive side with big contracts, Mathieu and Jones and they are both among the best....is Jaylon among the best? We let Hitchens walk, and he thrived in KC, while we signed bums for the same price, we let wilson walk,...who is doing our defensive evaluations!!!!!!!!!!!! we had Chavrious Ward and we let him walk to KC and he is one of their top CBs!!! why? who is doing our defensive evaluation...and this year KC gave Mahomes a 10 year almost 500M contract. that's 50M average, so is he counting 25% of their cap? and they made the superbowl, now two years in a row!!

until we fix our draft, we are not going to fix this team, no matter how much does Dak make...and if Dak takes lets say 5M less, will that 5M fix the defense? are we going to sign another Poe!!!! is that the solution....
All valid points , the zeke signing is terrible , and definitely the evaluation has been terrible . If that does not improve, any cap savings won’t matter .
I agree 5 mil won’t make a difference. That’s why I think trading Dak for picks will save around 20-25 mil plus we get picks , if they manage to pull that off .

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
i really can't believe people are still on this greed thing with Dak. Jerry had 4 years to surround Dak with the missing pieces. They literally paid everyone else including a under deserving Zeke, and now want him to take less? you people are crazy

visionary

Reaction score
Let’s offer Dak a contract worth 32 million/y and then 1 million per post season win, 2 million for NFCCG win and 3-4 million for a SB win

he’d get about 40 million any year he wins a SB

bet he doesn’t take it because he knows he’s not winning one

Steve007

Reaction score
That survey from ESPN was done by their writers and anouncers

That survey from ESPN was from just a couple of NFL execs and not the one with all 32 coaches and GM's. Not the same.
That means there are a lot of people that don't think Dak is a top tier Quarterback. Even Jerry that likes to overpay players is hitting the pause button. No GM would give the Cowboys a first for Dak. They should have given him the non exclusive tag to check the market.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
None of this matters. The team is an absolute joke. Pay him don't pay him franchise tag him whatever who even cares anymore. The players don't and neither do I.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He turned down 36 million 5 year contract. It's been talked about for a while. The market is for elite players not average players. You don't give every qb in the league 40 million. Look at the teams that paid too much. Goff traded, Wentz benched, Ben will have to take a pay cut or get cut.
last reports I heard was 35M average. turned down because of # of years.

Dak is a top 10 QB, not according to dak haters. but according to NFL FO who ranked him there. but hey what the heck do they know...

Watson got 40M. has a 1-2 playoff record and has had to 4 win seasons.

Goff, Wentz both over rated from the time they got drafted. teams over reach for QBs. its a QB driven league. wentz was in the MVP running, but he doesn't have the leadership or strong head to be able to deal with controversies. I never liked Goff, thought he was second round talent who got way over drafted.

Steve007

Reaction score
None of this matters. The team is an absolute joke. Pay him don't pay him franchise tag him whatever who even cares anymore. The players don't and neither do I.
Your probably right they have a culture problem. I have hope it will change someday, but it wont with Jerry running the team.

Steve007

Reaction score
last reports I heard was 35M average. turned down because of # of years.

Dak is a top 10 QB, not according to dak haters. but according to NFL FO who ranked him there. but hey what the heck do they know...

Watson got 40M. has a 1-2 playoff record and has had to 4 win seasons.

Goff, Wentz both over rated from the time they got drafted. teams over reach for QBs. its a QB driven league. wentz was in the MVP running, but he doesn't have the leadership or strong head to be able to deal with controversies. I never liked Goff, thought he was second round talent who got way over drafted.
If the Cowboys sign him to a big contract you will see the same 8-8 with a 10 win season once in a while, but they wont go deep into the playoffs. Dak is an average quarterback which is OK if you don't pay him too much and lose talent. The texans are a mess, but Watson is better than Dak. Most people outside of Dak lovers wont argue that. Goff and Wentz contracts were a mistake. Dallas shouldn't make the same mistake.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That means there are a lot of people that don't think Dak is a top tier Quarterback. Even Jerry that likes to overpay players is hitting the pause button. No GM would give the Cowboys a first for Dak. They should have given him the non exclusive tag to check the market.

All you're doing is trying, but failing to push fake news. Please give me a link where Jones is actually quoted as saying that he is hitting the brakes negotiating with Prescott and not some sportswriters speculation on this. If Stafford that has a losing win/loss record and is zero FOR 3 IN PLAYOFF games in a career and has set zero NFL records and has been in the leagues twice as long as Prescott's and has far fewer good years left got TWO first round picks and a 3rd round pick. You only look extremely foolish to think Prescott wouldn't even get one 1st round pick. Actually you just contradicted yourself. You say he wouldn't get any first round pick trade offers but the Cowboys should have use the non-exclusive tag and if an offer comes that the Cowboys don't match the Cowboys then get TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS. So there's proof that you either don't think before you write or you don't know what you're trying to talk about.

Steve007

Reaction score
All you're doing is trying, but failing to push fake news. Please give me a link where Jones is actually quoted as saying that he is hitting the brakes negotiating with Prescott and not some sportswriters speculation on this. If Stafford that has a losing win/loss record and is zero FOR 3 IN PLAYOFF games in a career and has set zero NFL records and has been in the leagues twice as long as Prescott's and has far fewer good years left got TWO first round picks and a 3rd round pick. You only look extremely foolish to think Prescott wouldn't even get one 1st round pick. Actually you just contradicted yourself. You say he wouldn't get any first round pick trade offers but the Cowboys should have use the non-exclusive tag and if an offer comes that the Cowboys don't match the Cowboys then get TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS. So there's proof that you either don't think before you write or you don't know what you're trying to talk about.
Did Jerry extend his rookie contract? Did he give sign him long term or tag him? Was he in a hurry to sign him right after the regular season? Answer: No. You don't have to quote anyone you just look at the actions or inaction. The non exclusive tag would allow Dak to see his worth. I don't think anyone would sign him on a non exclusive tag and give up 2 first round picks. Thats not a contradiction that is showing Dak he isn't worth what he thinks. And if a team would give 2 fist then great for the Cowboys.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's come down to exactly that.
he is a top 10 QB, what is a top 10 QB worth? and Dak fans are cowboys fans too....should I say Dak haters are just that and don't care about the cowboys!!!
:clap:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So, if you want to get paid in the same range as your peers that makes you greedy? By that standard pretty much everyone in the country is greedy.

We don't know what he's asking yet, so we don't know if it's reasonable, affordable, or out of sight.