Why is Jerry destroying his Legacy?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Yeah these are some of the most ridiculous comments ever he has no football acumen the dude was on a national championship team he actually played football in college I know it wasn't big time college but it was Arkansas it was with Jimmy Johnson this would have never happened without Jerry Jones he has three titles on his own Tom Landry and bum bright whoever else that management was had two titles in the same span yeah they won a lot of games but they also lost big games the Pittsburgh Steelers own them they made mistakes you remember the catch game I mean listen the other ownership wasn't that much better it's about titles right Jerry has three the other regime had two if my math is right....

Jerry's already got a Hall of Fame jacket but he knows something about football why because he played, I guarantee high school and college football at a higher level than you or anybody in here you show me all the professionals in here, because if not Jerry's resume says he has a national championship ring from college football regardless of how much of A player he was or not he played football he bought this team because of his passion for football, ohh and by the way you think being around football people for the last 35 years here in the professionals at all ranks that work for him and under him that he's picked up nothing ?? he's learned no on the job training at all??

the man knows nothing about football is what you're saying, dude take that nonsense out of here I'm sick of it you can't know nothing about football if you played high level football in high school and college is that on the team, and not just an owner in the background at GM who is very close to the operations on a daily basis you're saying these are nothing the dude knows more about football than anybody in here, I guarantee it just because you think he wants to be a coach and doesn't coach that he wants to medal, no the dude's a talker, he likes publicity the man has a big ego and lots of billionaires have big egos...

I don't want to hear this anymore don't tell me about he has no football acumen when the man has done more than I've been anybody else in here and I know there's a few coaches and people who played high school football and some that may have been decent college football players but show me the list of people in here that discuss Cowboys football that have a national championship ring from college and that's lived in the daily operations of a professional football team around football people for 35 years you show me anybody in here that's done that?​

It's rhetorical because I bet you can't...

He may not be the best GM that does crazy things like Howie Roseman but he's put together and been around plenty of championship teams and he's kept this team winning games enough that he's so relative that the league continues to give the Dallas Cowboys all the primetime games they can Max out on, it's made social media make sure they mention the Dallas Cowboys and all their content, and all the sport shows don't go a day without mentioning the Dallas Cowboys, regardless of how you feel about that Jerry still has a winning product on the field if the last three years doesn't show that we're a top six team, you know 36 wins ,two division titles against Howie Roseman and his awesome Eagles team that goes All in all the time ,but doesn't have much to show for, and add five playoff appearances in the last eight years..

So,

whatever Jerry doesn't know he definitely has people under him that know and by the way he's not the GM anymore and he hasn't been he's been a GM by title for quite a while guys like will McClay & a committee of very smart people work for him.. he's a businessman, he knows how to put together management in layers and layers of people who are smarter than him at certain things he doesn't know... if you don't think you could build a business that is how you build the corporation and that's how he's built the Cowboys.

And I get it we want more we want an NFC championship game appearance, we want another Super Bowl ,but don't act like Jerry Jones knows nothing about football and has the Cowboys sucking every year because they don't they're better than about 28 other teams in this league because all those teams with these great football people are not even beating the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis and that includes the Eagles everybody slobbers over, all the moves and how active the Howie Roseman is and by the way go check out the Kansas City Chiefs you by the way beat it Eagles and the 49ers, who have been all in for quite some time and can't seem to get past the team that's done less and less every year ,

the Kansas City Chiefs have made less moves than the Dallas Cowboys that's a fact they pretty much run it NFL team very much like the Dallas Cowboys and most other teams in the NFL if you think all teams do what the Rams only did once do what the Eagles seem to try to do and the 49ers everybody else runs their team with less risk they're not gambling they're not going all in so all this nonsense about Jerry just not knowing anything about football and that's why the Cowboys are just about money hasn't been watching.. Go look at their regular season win percentage you can't not know what you're doing and put together a top six team in the NFL, who's had some of their best success since the 90s the last five years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not putting Jerry in like top management GM ownership type but he for sure deserves some more respect than he gets in here, I for sure putting him in the top ten because our team outside of the lack of playoff success has remained relative and that's because they're still winning, they're not just over marketing a bad team... Yes they fell short but it could be much worse we could be one of those teams like the Cleveland Browns who haven't even won a division title since 1989,

so let's get over all this other nonsense about him not having football acumen because I guarantee he does,

his ego may keep him from giving people credit where credit is due and it may cause some problems but he no longer medals in the everyday operations of coaching he listens to his people he lets people draft who they want for the most part I mean we have proof of that he wanted Johnny Manziel and didn't get him that's just one example of many,

so let's just get over it he's not perfect he's not the best but he deserves more respect than people sit here and mutter out there very amateurish mails you know nothing on the level that he does you let me know when you get a $10 billion team and have it since 1989 and have a Hall of Fame jacket have a national championship ring and three Super Bowl titles along with the fact that he's kept the team in the top 10 in winning percentage in the regular season but we're right now on top five lately there's 32 teams in the league saying Jerry doesn't know anything about football somebody always staying ahead of those normal GM's and teams and ownership somehow he's remained at least good enough to be better than them...
Is that you Mr Jones or are you just on the payroll?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Ranch,

One thing to consider is that these are the dog days of the off season.

Not a lot of hard football news to discuss.

I thought the Jerry legacy angle was a little different and might spark some interesting conversations.

I think it did, and have enjoyed the discussions.
Yeah, I get it....I've been I'll and in bed rest.....I'm just just bored out of my mind.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, he's not winning and he's not the man.
I would think all the continued losing would be so embarrassing by this points that he would hire some professional football people.
But no, he appears to be doubling down.
It all goes back to if he’s not involved he’s not interested in being owner. This is why he became an owner.

The only way we could have forced him to change or ultimately sell out is if we had hit him in the back pocket with uprisings at the stadium with empty seats , loss of revenue , etc.

Unfortunately we’ve given him the wrong message with record revenue. Only his health can stop him now .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? Isn't that what happened? Wasn't the agreement that Jimmy handle the football side, and Jerry the financial? Well, Jimmy handled it. As an owner he's fine. He's made the Cowboys very profitable. But he's a very passive GM.
I’m just saying we can’t omit certain things from his resume. We can give him credit for bringing in Jimmy and saying he sucks as a GM for the last 28 years.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not hard at all, he'd just need to "put the ad in the paper", and the best and brightest would be vying for the job.

But in that same vein, how hard would it have been for Jerry to simply not fire Jimmy Johnson and ride him to several more championships? Once again....not hard at all.

It's a hard thing to for us all to realize....that one senile old man puts his glory over millions of fan's happiness, and would rather have a 1% chance of winning the SuperBowl every year under HIS leadership, than tripling or quadrupling those odds under another GM's leadership.

It really is kind of a disgusting trait of his as a human being, knowing the millions of people's interest are involved, the very millions of people that fundnhis organizations, and the epitome of selfishness....but that's who Jerry Jones is.
Jimmy left town and refused to come back except to get his last check. Jerry apologized for the 500 coaches comment
but Jimmy didnt accept it and was still made.
Jimmy had a temper and it took him a long time to cool down.

His main beef with jerry was when jerry started doing his own mega press conferences !! Jerry served steak dinners to all that attended,
and all were invited..
Then he would say things that countered what jimmy had recently said in his PC (no steak dinners lol)
Jimmy couldnt have 2 voices for the team, it was him or he was going to leave.

Jimmy had just said that certain players might not play due to certain issues, and jerry then said oh no they will play.
And Jimmy saw that as interfering with his mgmt of players, and psychology he used. That was the final straw.
So he left and wasnt coming back.

Jerry has done his pc's ever since and countered other coaches, and not let them be the voice of the team, except for parcells.
Jerry loves doing his pc's and radio shows, and doesnt see the harm in it lol.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s the cap.

They have to clear $100 million of dead cap in 2024-2026.

And all of it is from Daks contract.

That’s why we can’t sign expensive UFAs.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s the cap.

They have to clear $100 million of dead cap in 2024-2026.

And all of it is from Daks contract.

That’s why we can’t sign expensive UFAs.
What was the excuse back in 2016? Or in 2017? Pick any year. Dak could be a 10 dollar cap hit and they would not sign expensive FAs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why can't you just ignore them? Serious question.
Cause I dealt with fans like that my entire career....they would even complain when we won our 6 championships......just ticks me off. I went after them back then, never let anyone name call my players. But, I should ignore them, just hard to ignore ignorance.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah these are some of the most ridiculous comments ever he has no football acumen the dude was on a national championship team he actually played football in college I know it wasn't big time college but it was Arkansas it was with Jimmy Johnson this would have never happened without Jerry Jones he has three titles on his own Tom Landry and bum bright whoever else that management was had two titles in the same span yeah they won a lot of games but they also lost big games the Pittsburgh Steelers own them they made mistakes you remember the catch game I mean listen the other ownership wasn't that much better it's about titles right Jerry has three the other regime had two if my math is right....

Jerry's already got a Hall of Fame jacket but he knows something about football why because he played, I guarantee high school and college football at a higher level than you or anybody in here you show me all the professionals in here, because if not Jerry's resume says he has a national championship ring from college football regardless of how much of A player he was or not he played football he bought this team because of his passion for football, ohh and by the way you think being around football people for the last 35 years here in the professionals at all ranks that work for him and under him that he's picked up nothing ?? he's learned no on the job training at all??

the man knows nothing about football is what you're saying, dude take that nonsense out of here I'm sick of it you can't know nothing about football if you played high level football in high school and college is that on the team, and not just an owner in the background at GM who is very close to the operations on a daily basis you're saying these are nothing the dude knows more about football than anybody in here, I guarantee it just because you think he wants to be a coach and doesn't coach that he wants to medal, no the dude's a talker, he likes publicity the man has a big ego and lots of billionaires have big egos...

I don't want to hear this anymore don't tell me about he has no football acumen when the man has done more than I've been anybody else in here and I know there's a few coaches and people who played high school football and some that may have been decent college football players but show me the list of people in here that discuss Cowboys football that have a national championship ring from college and that's lived in the daily operations of a professional football team around football people for 35 years you show me anybody in here that's done that?​

It's rhetorical because I bet you can't...

He may not be the best GM that does crazy things like Howie Roseman but he's put together and been around plenty of championship teams and he's kept this team winning games enough that he's so relative that the league continues to give the Dallas Cowboys all the primetime games they can Max out on, it's made social media make sure they mention the Dallas Cowboys and all their content, and all the sport shows don't go a day without mentioning the Dallas Cowboys, regardless of how you feel about that Jerry still has a winning product on the field if the last three years doesn't show that we're a top six team, you know 36 wins ,two division titles against Howie Roseman and his awesome Eagles team that goes All in all the time ,but doesn't have much to show for, and add five playoff appearances in the last eight years..

So,

whatever Jerry doesn't know he definitely has people under him that know and by the way he's not the GM anymore and he hasn't been he's been a GM by title for quite a while guys like will McClay & a committee of very smart people work for him.. he's a businessman, he knows how to put together management in layers and layers of people who are smarter than him at certain things he doesn't know... if you don't think you could build a business that is how you build the corporation and that's how he's built the Cowboys.

And I get it we want more we want an NFC championship game appearance, we want another Super Bowl ,but don't act like Jerry Jones knows nothing about football and has the Cowboys sucking every year because they don't they're better than about 28 other teams in this league because all those teams with these great football people are not even beating the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis and that includes the Eagles everybody slobbers over, all the moves and how active the Howie Roseman is and by the way go check out the Kansas City Chiefs you by the way beat it Eagles and the 49ers, who have been all in for quite some time and can't seem to get past the team that's done less and less every year ,

the Kansas City Chiefs have made less moves than the Dallas Cowboys that's a fact they pretty much run it NFL team very much like the Dallas Cowboys and most other teams in the NFL if you think all teams do what the Rams only did once do what the Eagles seem to try to do and the 49ers everybody else runs their team with less risk they're not gambling they're not going all in so all this nonsense about Jerry just not knowing anything about football and that's why the Cowboys are just about money hasn't been watching.. Go look at their regular season win percentage you can't not know what you're doing and put together a top six team in the NFL, who's had some of their best success since the 90s the last five years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not putting Jerry in like top management GM ownership type but he for sure deserves some more respect than he gets in here, I for sure putting him in the top ten because our team outside of the lack of playoff success has remained relative and that's because they're still winning, they're not just over marketing a bad team... Yes they fell short but it could be much worse we could be one of those teams like the Cleveland Browns who haven't even won a division title since 1989,

so let's get over all this other nonsense about him not having football acumen because I guarantee he does,

his ego may keep him from giving people credit where credit is due and it may cause some problems but he no longer medals in the everyday operations of coaching he listens to his people he lets people draft who they want for the most part I mean we have proof of that he wanted Johnny Manziel and didn't get him that's just one example of many,

so let's just get over it he's not perfect he's not the best but he deserves more respect than people sit here and mutter out there very amateurish mails you know nothing on the level that he does you let me know when you get a $10 billion team and have it since 1989 and have a Hall of Fame jacket have a national championship ring and three Super Bowl titles along with the fact that he's kept the team in the top 10 in winning percentage in the regular season but we're right now on top five lately there's 32 teams in the league saying Jerry doesn't know anything about football somebody always staying ahead of those normal GM's and teams and ownership somehow he's remained at least good enough to be better than them...
The Cleveland Browns’ difficulties do not make the Cowboys’ struggles more palatable. Jerry Jones is confident about how he manages his football team. It’s been a comparatively long period of time since his team has played in a conference championship game. You’re welcome to express your opinion of him. Your opinion is no more legitimate than other fans’s opinion of him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It is not, homer.

It's just one excuse/suck off fest of Jerry.

The facts are quite clear. Since Jerry has seized control of all football operations post Jimmy, the team has had one of the biggest postseason draughts in team's history. It's also one of the largest postseason success draughts in NFL history.

No true, honest fan can sit here and rationalize that Jerry Jones is a really good GM. The results are sooooooooooooo clear that to be a false statement. Jerry's arrogance over the years has cost this franchise and wasted the careers of quite a few good players. And it doesn't seem likely it will get any better under Stephen.
Go cry to mommy. You can't handle this team not winning a Super Bowl in 28 years, so they must suck, eh?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah but we can’t say he’s horrible and just hired the right coach. He took a lot of crap for hiring Jimmy.
Yes we can, because that’s what happened. And he took a lot of heat for the way he fired Landry more so than hiring Jimmy.

Even so, Jimmy would’ve never been on his radar if they weren’t former teammates and roomies on road games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m just saying we can’t omit certain things from his resume. We can give him credit for bringing in Jimmy and saying he sucks as a GM for the last 28 years.
Credit where Credit is due!
Jerry absolutely made a great call in hiring Jimmy!
But that is somewhat overshadowed by 28 years of playoff futility since then.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
His legacy is cemented. Hall of Famer, Super Bowl winner…..everything he did for the league….hes gonna go down as one of the best owners to ever be in the NFL
You beat me to it..........his legacy is sealed, especially after the HOF selection and he knows it. I hate to say it but I think as long as the franchise maintains its relevancy, he is ok without another Superbowl. In other words, as long as they make the playoffs, he is happy.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I need to know if anyone is reading this. One of the things I do is write tutorials and I get dressed down for even half this text. Probably less...yikes
lol like maybe 3 people. Those novels add pages to the threads with zero punctuation. It makes it hard to read when you’re dyslexic but he doesn’t care to use punctuation it’s been suggested over and over again.

zerofill

Reaction score
LOL..........His EGO took over in 1995 and he never looked back, baby!
Jerry won 3 Superbowls and is content playing football GOD while we sit on the sidelines making him richer and debating his ineptness for the last 30 years.
Cowboys are his TOY and until the man in the sky comes calling no one and I mean NO ONE is taking his precious from him!!!
One thing a Dallas game won't do this year that it has done my whole life... Stop me from going fishing. Not being stupid anymore lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes we can, because that’s what happened. And he took a lot of heat for the way he fired Landry more so than hiring Jimmy.

Even so, Jimmy would’ve never been on his radar if they weren’t former teammates and roomies on road games.
Doesn’t matter. He hired him and I don’t recall too ma h pro teams offering to give a pro team to him. You can say Jerry is terrible and he made a good move. It’s can be true.