Why is Jerry destroying his Legacy?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can anyone see the difference here in the draft setup?

jimmy-johnson-cowboys-draftjpg.webp

VS

1459537437-NS_30CowboysDraft08SP.ashx

Chasing6

Reaction score
Can't figure this guy out .... at all.

28 years of not making the NFCCG puts us with Deadskins as the only 2 teams in the NFL in that category of futility.

I know the money is flowing in, but is that how Jerry wants to be remembered ?

I mean he has has enough money to last a 1000 lifetimes, doesn't he want to be remembered as a winner?

How hard would it be to hire a professional GM and see if that can't turn things around ?

I wonder if Jerry has any sense of mortality?

Then you got the whole "ALL IN" comments, then he sits on his hands this off season.

I don't have anything personally against the man, I just hate that he is destroying the team I have loved my whole life.

I can't remember being this discouraged in an off season.
Well that has been a 30 journey because his ego is bigger than his net worth.

kskboys

Reaction score
Worked for Jimmy and Parcells
Jimmy was straight from college and had the inside story on incoming draftees. He didn't draft so hot once he didn't have that.

Parcells: Did it? I mean, he was great at finding late round gems, but was he so good overall? Don't forget, he wanted subpar Marcus Spears over DWare. And traded down instead of taking Stephen Jones, saying "I really couldn't see the difference between Julius Jones and Stephen Jones."

Benched Emmit Smith in favor of Troy Hambrick, didn't even seem to notice how slow to the hole he was.

Parcells knew what it takes to build a contender, but he wasn't great at picking those needs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He didn't draft so hot once he didn't have that.
Not true

Parcells: Did it? I mean, he was great at finding late round gems, but was he so good overall? And traded down instead of taking Stephen Jones, saying "I really couldn't see the difference between Julius Jones and Stephen Jones."
Do not understand who you are talking about here ..... traded down instead of drafting Stephen Jones????

Benched Emmit Smith in favor of Troy Hambrick, didn't even seem to notice how slow to the hole he was.

I mean this never happened. Emmitt left because Bill would not let them play dominoes in the training room, and would not let them bring their personal massage chicks in , AND he was due a huge payment in his contract that Jerry did not want to pay.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean yeah.

Isn't the goal to win SBs? You guys couldn't stop mocking the Eagles fans after their first SB win claiming we had more than they did. When talk of who is a better franchise right now, you guys cite our SB wins over theirs.

So clearly SB wins matter............. when it suits your argument. Right now, this franchise is a middle of the pack NFL franchise and is only middle of the pack because they squeeze out good regular seasons more often than not. If they were spitting out Browns type inconsistencies with their postseason track record, they'd be one of the worst franchises currently. You guys really struggle with accepting that reality.

The facts speak for themselves:

28 seasons
5 playoff wins

If that was the resume of the Giants or 49ers or the Eagles, you guys wouldn't stop laughing and mocking those franchises. But because its the Cowboys and Jerry, you are bizarrely trying to sell this as a good run and not worthy of heavy criticism. LOL.
Middle of the pack? Go home and cry to mommy and be done with your hate already. Better yet, go follow the Texans. LOL

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Can't figure this guy out .... at all.

28 years of not making the NFCCG puts us with Deadskins as the only 2 teams in the NFL in that category of futility.

I know the money is flowing in, but is that how Jerry wants to be remembered ?

I mean he has has enough money to last a 1000 lifetimes, doesn't he want to be remembered as a winner?

How hard would it be to hire a professional GM and see if that can't turn things around ?

I wonder if Jerry has any sense of mortality?

Then you got the whole "ALL IN" comments, then he sits on his hands this off season.

I don't have anything personally against the man, I just hate that he is destroying the team I have loved my whole life.

I can't remember being this discouraged in an off season.
He is a narcissist surrounded by sycophants. He doesn’t think he is destroying anything.

Forneymike

Reaction score
It’s the cap.

They have to clear $100 million of dead cap in 2024-2026.

And all of it is from Daks contract.

That’s why we can’t sign expensive UFAs.
What expensive FA did you want to sign this year and for how much?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Al Davis legacy was not ruined. He was the most important person in NFL history. Jerry will go down just behind Al Davis. Both have similar end of legacy stories.
Al Davis was a football man. He built the Raiders mystic. Jerry had no such hand in the Cowboy's mystic./ It was built by Tex Schramm and Tom Landry. Jerry got lucky by hiring Jimmy. Jimmy built on that mystic. And Jerry has done all he can to destroy it. He's in the HOF because he makes the NFL money. It has nothing to do with him running the Cowboys.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Al Davis legacy was not ruined. He was the most important person in NFL history. Jerry will go down just behind Al Davis. Both have similar end of legacy stories.
:laugh: Jerry was compared to old dementia Al Davis since he entered the league ....... that is not a complement.

He was never compared to the AL Davis that helped build the league with his great football mind.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It absolutely was ruined. He's remembered as a senile old guy who should have retired 10 years earlier, but held on too long and destroyed the Raiders who are almost as much of a joke of a once glorious franchise as the Cowboys are.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It absolutely was ruined. He's remembered as a senile old guy who should have retired 10 years earlier, but held on too long and destroyed the Raiders who are almost as much of a joke of a once glorious franchise as the Cowboys are.
10 years? Jerry's been doing it for 30. Al Davis built the Raiders and forced the NFL-AFL merger. Jerry's never done anything like that. The only thing they have in common is the later years. Hopefully Stephen will be a better owner than Mark Davis but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And the Eagles made a SB with Hurts and won one with Nick Foles taking over in the playoffs for Wentz.

Everyone here would gladly take even a NFCCG appearance at this point. We can't even sniff one of those.

Nearly 3 decades of never seeing a NFCCG is pretty pathetic and if this was any other NFL franchise, that GM would have been fired a long time ago. Jerry has failed as a GM.
Someone is going to win a SB. The Rams won one a few years back, then immediately sucked. Bucs won one, and immediately sucked. Saints won one, then havent been close in 20 years since. Hell, even a sorry Bears team made on within the past 20 years.

But this talk of how some team has great GM and coaches over others is laughable.

How did the Iggles do last year? Put Mahomes on dallas and all of the sudden, our FO is tops in the league.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jimmy was straight from college and had the inside story on incoming draftees. He didn't draft so hot once he didn't have that.

Parcells: Did it? I mean, he was great at finding late round gems, but was he so good overall? Don't forget, he wanted subpar Marcus Spears over DWare. And traded down instead of taking Stephen Jones, saying "I really couldn't see the difference between Julius Jones and Stephen Jones."

Parcells knew what it takes to build a contender, but he wasn't great at picking those needs.
Jimmy carried Jerry and Jerry knows it. Everyone new it. That is why he made the dumb decisions he made and it took him almost 30 years to admit it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Over the last 28 years? Most have done better than us in the postseason. Our peers over Jerry's run as sole GM are the Browns, Commanders, etc.

You feel proud of that?
Over the last 35 they haven't and the current team is doing well.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes they have 3 fixing to be 4 over 12 win seasons in a row ......... and a Super Bowl win this year.

I predict Dak [the goat] Prescott will be a 5 time SB Champ and MVP within 5 years!

WOOOOOO Lets GO!

Haters choke on their own Bile!!!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can anyone see the difference here in the draft setup?

jimmy-johnson-cowboys-draftjpg.webp

VS

1459537437-NS_30CowboysDraft08SP.ashx
What a HATER!

Stupid POC

Choke on your own Bile scumbag!

Go find another team!

Jerry Jones is a great GM and doing a great job ......... 3 12 win seasons and a SB this next year!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! God Bless Jerry Jones!

Sydla

Reaction score
Middle of the pack? Go home and cry to mommy and be done with your hate already. Better yet, go follow the Texans. LOL
Yeah middle of the pack.

They have FIVE FREAKING PLAYOFF WINS IN 28 YEARS.

In what world would any football fan look at that and say, "you know what, that franchise is really performing". Better yet, if some fan showed up here and said the 49ers were the better franchise with only 5 playoff wins in 28 years, you'd laugh them off the board for their stupidity.

Sydla

Reaction score
Someone is going to win a SB. The Rams won one a few years back, then immediately sucked. Bucs won one, and immediately sucked. Saints won one, then havent been close in 20 years since. Hell, even a sorry Bears team made on within the past 20 years.

But this talk of how some team has great GM and coaches over others is laughable.

How did the Iggles do last year? Put Mahomes on dallas and all of the sudden, our FO is tops in the league.
Mahomes is a generational talent. And even then, I don't think the Cowboys win a SB with Mahomes here given the other issues. Reid is a much better coach than McCarthy, for example.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

So wait, the poster who says only last season matters when talking about who is the better franchise between us and Philly right now, wants to now use SBs won 3 decades ago.............. the hypocrisy is awesome.

But I get it. When charged with having to defend Jerry and his stewardship of the Cowboys post Jimmy Johnson, you are gonna have to play fast and loose with logic and facts.

Here's the reality that any sane fan understands. The Cowboys have been a postseason failure for 28 years. Teams and franchises are defined by SB and SB wins. And when a team goes nearly a decade with only 5 total playoff wins, trying to argue they are a great franchise, well run and highly success is an exercise in gaslighting.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah middle of the pack.

They have FIVE FREAKING PLAYOFF WINS IN 28 YEARS.

In what world would any football fan look at that and say, "you know what, that franchise is really performing". Better yet, if some fan showed up here and said the 49ers were the better franchise with only 5 playoff wins in 28 years, you'd laugh them off the board for their stupidity.
What a hater!

The league is conspiring against the Cowboys!

Jerry is the best GM in the league!!!

Dak is the best QB in the league!

3 12 win seasons in a heckin ROW!

Haters choke on their own Bile!!!!

You just got slain by the Troll Slayer ......... your welcome!

Last edited: