Why is Jerry destroying his Legacy?

rambo2

Reaction score
How'd they do in the postseason?

You guys can't sit there and claim we are one of the best franchises, Jerry has done such a great job and then IGNORE the fact that what defines great teams and great GMs is postseason play.

Stop embarrassing yourselves. Jerry has led one of the largest failed postseason runs in modern NFL history. But yeah, he's killing it.
How did the other 31 teams do?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I didnt even read the post. 3 SB wins, HOF.... his legacy is done. You think fat Ali ruined his legacy? You think Fat Elvis ruined his legacy?

More importantly, why are you worried about Jerry's legacy?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How'd they do in the postseason?

You guys can't sit there and claim we are one of the best franchises, Jerry has done such a great job and then IGNORE the fact that what defines great teams and great GMs is postseason play.

Stop embarrassing yourselves. Jerry has led one of the largest failed postseason runs in modern NFL history. But yeah, he's killing it.
Best franchises and best gms? lol...Crazy how the Patriot way worked so well..... when they had Brady.
Now the Chiefs Gm and coach is amazing.... now that they have Mahomes.

Enough already with talk of great GMs and coaches.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Most teams need to win to make money but not the Cowboys.
Hence why Dallas fans have the lowest I.Q. out of any fan base in sports. The more the Cowboys choke, the more money their fans hand over to Jerry and his cronies.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Can't figure this guy out .... at all.

28 years of not making the NFCCG puts us with Deadskins as the only 2 teams in the NFL in that category of futility.

I know the money is flowing in, but is that how Jerry wants to be remembered ?

I mean he has has enough money to last a 1000 lifetimes, doesn't he want to be remembered as a winner?

How hard would it be to hire a professional GM and see if that can't turn things around ?

I wonder if Jerry has any sense of mortality?

Then you got the whole "ALL IN" comments, then he sits on his hands this off season.

I don't have anything personally against the man, I just hate that he is destroying the team I have loved my whole life.

I can't remember being this discouraged in an off season.
Because his legacy is indelibly linked to Jimmy (and the team he left for Switzer). Jerry's probably trying to prove that he's got the football brain to win a SB.

plymkr

Reaction score
Can't figure this guy out .... at all.

28 years of not making the NFCCG puts us with Deadskins as the only 2 teams in the NFL in that category of futility.

I know the money is flowing in, but is that how Jerry wants to be remembered ?

I mean he has has enough money to last a 1000 lifetimes, doesn't he want to be remembered as a winner?

How hard would it be to hire a professional GM and see if that can't turn things around ?

I wonder if Jerry has any sense of mortality?

Then you got the whole "ALL IN" comments, then he sits on his hands this off season.

I don't have anything personally against the man, I just hate that he is destroying the team I have loved my whole life.

I can't remember being this discouraged in an off season.
Me neither. I don’t think I’ve ever been this discouraged in an off season. There’s days when I think about the season and I get excited and then there’s days where I really hope we go 0-17 with how Jerry is handling this franchise. I’ve never in my 50+ years of being a fan had a thought hoping we would lose. It’s never happened. I’ve never had a slight thought of desiring the Cowboys to lose. I keep repeating that because that’s kind of a telling statement of how I feel. It’s like being married to someone for 50+ years, going through the ups and downs but always wanting the best. Then one day you’re so fed up you entertain thoughts of how life would be like if she died, and then secretly hoping it happens. That’s me right now with the Cowboys.

To answer your main question. Jerry is a narcissist. If you do any research on narcissists and narcissism you’ll learn they are unwilling and incapable of thinking outside the moment. So when Jerry and DNA Boy (who also inherited Jerry’s money and narcissistic tendencies) make decisions, the decisions are made to meet a need in that particular moment. Whatever happens tomorrow or 5 minutes now they will make another decision to deal with that moment. So to ask Jerry to think outside the moment and about legacy is something he can’t do due to his mental health.

Swanny

Reaction score
Al Davis legacy was not ruined. He was the most important person in NFL history. Jerry will go down just behind Al Davis. Both have similar end of legacy stories.

Sydla

Reaction score
How did the other 31 teams do?
Over the last 28 years? Most have done better than us in the postseason. Our peers over Jerry's run as sole GM are the Browns, Commanders, etc.

You feel proud of that?

Sydla

Reaction score
Best franchises and best gms? lol...Crazy how the Patriot way worked so well..... when they had Brady.
Now the Chiefs Gm and coach is amazing.... now that they have Mahomes.

Enough already with talk of great GMs and coaches.
And the Eagles made a SB with Hurts and won one with Nick Foles taking over in the playoffs for Wentz.

Everyone here would gladly take even a NFCCG appearance at this point. We can't even sniff one of those.

Nearly 3 decades of never seeing a NFCCG is pretty pathetic and if this was any other NFL franchise, that GM would have been fired a long time ago. Jerry has failed as a GM.

Sydla

Reaction score
Go cry to mommy. You can't handle this team not winning a Super Bowl in 28 years, so they must suck, eh?
I mean yeah.

Isn't the goal to win SBs? You guys couldn't stop mocking the Eagles fans after their first SB win claiming we had more than they did. When talk of who is a better franchise right now, you guys cite our SB wins over theirs.

So clearly SB wins matter............. when it suits your argument. Right now, this franchise is a middle of the pack NFL franchise and is only middle of the pack because they squeeze out good regular seasons more often than not. If they were spitting out Browns type inconsistencies with their postseason track record, they'd be one of the worst franchises currently. You guys really struggle with accepting that reality.

The facts speak for themselves:

28 seasons
5 playoff wins

If that was the resume of the Giants or 49ers or the Eagles, you guys wouldn't stop laughing and mocking those franchises. But because its the Cowboys and Jerry, you are bizarrely trying to sell this as a good run and not worthy of heavy criticism. LOL.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I sometimes wonder how the rest of the NFL views Jerry Jones (and, by the "rest" I mean team owners, GM's, player personnel directors)? Is it primarily the Cowboy fans that have a love/hate relationship with Jones or does that extend to the rest of the NFL?

I also wonder whether his induction to the NFL HOF comes with a muted asterisk "made a lot of money for the Cowboy franchise and the NFL, but.... "

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree in premise, but I think the bad division has led many people to believe that things in Dallas are/were better than they were/are….players, media, fans, management, etc included.

Someone recently posted their division record over the last decade or so and it’s amazing.

Even with that, NY has managed to snag two trophies along the way, and ousting us as a one seed. They have just been brutal in every other season around those lately.
I find it very strange that people don't even know that Eli Manning has mostly been a below average QB. Not even close to HOF material.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the head coach should be picking the players anyway ....... not some suit.
Doesn't work. Coaching at the NFL level and understanding how a possible draftee will make the conversion to the NFL are entirely different skillsets.

kskboys

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder how the rest of the NFL views Jerry Jones (and, by the "rest" I mean team owners, GM's, player personnel directors)? Is it primarily the Cowboy fans that have a love/hate relationship with Jones or does that extend to the rest of the NFL?

I also wonder whether his induction to the NFL HOF comes with a muted asterisk "made a lot of money for the Cowboy franchise and the NFL, but.... "
NFL loves him. He makes them money while furiously defends his role as GM which keeps him from playoff success.

He wasn't put into the HOF for football, but for business.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is that you Mr Jones or are you just on the payroll?
is that you eagle fan, i see the green running down your traitor like comments.. or are you just a cynical jaded hateful fake fan that won't leave and makes things awful for real fans in here by just trying hard to not let go of the past, live in the moment its less stressful. Some of us choose to see sports as a year to year proposition it's a new year every year it's a reboot it's a restart and there's no need to keep harping on the nonsense that somehow no other teams go through droughts that no other teams have issues going further in the playoffs or even making the playoffs I've already said it I've gave you real facts you choose to not see it you're blind you won't let it go so you wanna drag us into your little negative muck I'm not falling in your pit so move on....

Trade in that fan card for the green ones it will be easier to be your true self.. i hear other teams taking applications for bandwagon fans..

ill go with both.. your hypocrisy knows no bounds.