Why is Jerry destroying his Legacy?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, “wanted him to win” as if other Cowboys fans didnt

the rest of just understood he was an incompetent HC and were willing to say so

Unlike you apparently who just personally disliked him but couldnt see that he was incompetent

I pity the kids you coached
When you start getting personal, you are reaching, miserable human being! Lol! Keep crying I'm sure Jerry will be calling you for advice soon. As far as my players, me winning paid the bills.....watching the Cowboys doesn't do anything but provide entertainment. Two different things, I thought even an ignoramus could tell the difference. No settle down, and don't get personal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But what will be the lasting impression the fans will have of Jerry?
Are they gonna remember the 3 SBs from the last century ?
Or 30 years of futility ?
When you think of Al Davis, how do you remember him ?
I remember Al Davis as a great football guy.

Started off as a HC, then GM and owner. Great legacy .

Much different than Jethro who will get credit for bringing Jimmy in and being a part of that early success. But will be ridiculed for the lack of success since .

Like I said it’s a double edged sword. Most fans wouldn’t want to give up that early success with Jethro to rid ourselves of him.

And why I call it a marriage gone bad.

visionary

Reaction score
When you start getting personal, you are reaching, miserable human being! Lol! Keep crying I'm sure Jerry will be calling you for advice soon. As far as my players, me winning paid the bills.....watching the Cowboys doesn't do anything but provide entertainment. Two different things, I thought even an ignoramus could tell the difference. No settle down, and don't get personal.
“Paid the bills”

Yep, thats the attitude i expected

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you've won the money awards each of the years, what does it really matter! Money is everything, winning is dead last
Most teams need to win to make money but not the Cowboys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I knew Garrett personally, I didn't like him as a person, but I supported him as our coach. I always wanted him to win.
I would think Garrett on a personal level is about the same as he comes across in PC and on camera…..robotic and therefore disingenuous. Is that about right?

visionary

Reaction score
You don't know anything about my coaching career so sthu. I pity your entire family for having to live with a miserable man.
Ouch, looks like i touched a nerve of incompetence

You confirmed that with the “paid the bills” comment

Need more coaches who care only about their salary

:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is so sad to me is that this was so unnecessary.

All Jerry had to do was hire a decent GM, who would hire a quality HC, and with how good this team drafts, we could be in the hunt.
Yes of course. But many of us ole diehards saw this years ago with the departure of Jimmy.

That was all the evidence we really need when your ego is so huge you can’t stand your HC receiving more credit becoming the face of your franchise. Who has a fallout with your back to back Super Bowl Championship HC?

This is the main reason why Jethro became an owner so he could live out his dream of being a celebrity football guy. Winning isnt enough unless he’s the man.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ouch, looks like i touched a nerve of incompetence

You confirmed that with the “paid the bills” comment

Need more coaches who care only about their salary

:laugh:
I was gonna put some stats of my career, but then I thought I don't need to prove anything to this idiot

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yep, condescending

Garrett is a really good dude in person. He is genuinely intelligent, engaging, and likeable.

I just don't think he's a NFL head coach or modern football tactician. He's a rah-rah guy and he is overly reliant on those skills. He won't (can't?) tell you how to beat Cover 4, but he will tell you to work hard and beat your man.

I think he'd be a great Head Coach at a non-major D1, or an academic D1 like a Northwestern, Stanford, etc., with the caveat that he hires technically sound coordinators.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett is a really good dude in person. He is genuinely intelligent, engaging, and likeable.

I just don't think he's a NFL head coach or modern football tactician. He's a rah-rah guy and he is overly reliant on those skills. He won't (can't?) tell you how to beat Cover 4, but he will tell you to work hard and beat your man.

I think he'd be a great Head Coach at a non-major D1, or an academic D1 like a Northwestern, Stanford, etc., with the caveat that he hires technically sound coordinators.
I think Garrett would be a great GM.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah I can agree with that, but wasn’t at all the point of that post. They have been good enough to take advantage of the ineptitude of Washington and New York, etc.
From what I can conclude, that appears to be Jerry's primary focus, beating division opponents. As opposed to building a team that can win in the playoffs. Not sure Jerry understands the difference.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
@visionary , a high school coach's career is measured by longevity and the impact he had on hundreds of young men's lives. The second part is not really quantifiable BUT the coach, the high school, the community, and most importantly the young men can tell you what that means to them.

@Ranching you are okay in my book, but you can come across as condescending in your defense of Jerry Jones. You don't need to defend your coaching career but maybe stop talking down to people who don't share your opinion about Jerry's style of leadership. Post your take and understand that many people here are sick of Jerry’s antics and won’t feel the same way as you.

Both of you have posted enough stuff here to make me value your football opinions. Stop bickering before your posts are moderated out of existence.

Go Cowboys. Jerry stinks.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I had beers in San Angelo one year and talked football for 3 hours with Wade, Saban, Mack Brown and Tuberville. All of our staffs were there, wade kept asking for Garrett....he never bothered to show. What ticked me off, is that when we met with earlier in the day, I sat across from him and asked him how much influence did a QB have in play calling. He said, I call the plays and they run them. Zero influence. When he took over for Wade, Romo starts calling plays at the LOS. I still think he and Jerry sabotaged Wade.

kskboys

Reaction score
@visionary , a high school coach's career is measured by longevity and the impact he had on hundreds of young men's lives. The second part is not really quantifiable BUT the coach, the high school, the community, and most importantly the young men can tell you what that means to them.

@Ranching you are okay in my book, but you can come across as condescending in your defense of Jerry Jones. You don't need to defend your coaching career but maybe stop talking down to people who don't share your opinion about Jerry's style of leadership. Post your take and understand that many people here are sick of Jerry’s antics and won’t feel the same way as you.

Both of you have posted enough stuff here to make me value your football opinions. Stop bickering before your posts are moderated out of existence.

Go Cowboys. Jerry stinks.
Well said.