Why no talk of Dak Prescott in the 2nd or 3rd?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Agree, there are other I like as well.

The reason I have watched him more then others is it sure looks like the Boys have a interest with how much time they have invested.

reddyuta

Reaction score
whats the point? he has so many deficiencies that ceiling is a backup.are we going to spend years developing a backup qb who wont be able to play ig romo goes down?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have nothing against him but nothing about him really stands out to me. He doesn't have an unbelievable arm. He isn't uncanny accurate. He doesn't have exceptional quickness. He isn't blazing fast. The thing he does best is break the pocket and run to daylight. In the NFL, that doesn't really work, at least not for very long. I don't hate him, I just see him as a player with a very definite celling.

There are things to work with, with him but there are just other prospects at QB I like a little better. JMO thou.

What I like best about him is the improvement as a passer from one year to the next. He's got the physical tools, but needs a lot of skills development.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Carter was a not too smart, pot smoking knucklehead over drafted in the second round.

Dak is a dunce too,he got a freaking DUI in his college town.heck any college kid would have been willing to give him a ride all day.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Dak is a dunce too,he got a freaking DUI in his college town.heck any college kid would have been willing to give him a ride all day.

Exactly, any kid who is about to enter the draft needs to be SMART enough to keep his nose clean. When a player makes bad personal decisions right before the draft it tells me he is not focused on being the best he can be and especially a NFL QB....The Dallas media will have a field day with Prescott.

Think this team is tired of getting burned by supporting players like Josh Brent, Hardy and Gregory. They all talked the talk, but failed to walk the walk......Prescott is all TALK....ALA,,, Randy Gregory.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
If you actually watched Dak's last season you would see why he "improved" his passing stats - everything within 3 yards of the he was good. Over 3 yards he was bad. So they threw most of their passes extremely close to the LOS. Remember when David Carr completed of 70% of his passes in the NFL one season, only to be let go after the season ended?

Kaiser

Reaction score

We don't know the facts of the DUI, getting pulled over in a Miss town of 25,000 people may or may not be a big deal.

And Quincy was known for being stupid and entitled at UGA, Prescott is known for being a leader.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We don't know the facts of the DUI, getting pulled over in a Miss town of 25,000 people may or may not be a big deal.

And Quincy was known for being stupid and entitled at UGA, Prescott is known for being a leader.

A DUI is a DUI ,its THE fact.you should be driving when you had A drink.Its shows a lack control and to me that person is untrustworthy.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Actually an arrest for DUI isn't a DUI. A conviction is a DUI and we don't know what happened yet.

I can tell you what happened.....the kid knew he was entering the NFL draft and about to make BIG money and get a chance of lifetime...something most players only dream about....He makes an in excusable LASP in judgement and gets in Trouble days before the Draft.....I want NO part of a QB or possible face of the franchise player that is.... that DUMB....had enough of the Josh Brent, Hardy and Randy Gregory saga.....This teams needs SMART, Reliable players...not players who cant make the RIGHT decision....Garrett preaches RKG's...its time to draft the RKG's

jnday

Reaction score
I can tell you what happened.....the kid knew he was entering the NFL draft and about to make BIG money and get a chance of lifetime...something most players only dream about....He makes an in excusable LASP in judgement and gets in Trouble days before the Draft.....I want NO part of a QB or possible face of the franchise player that is.... that DUMB....had enough of the Josh Brent, Hardy and Randy Gregory saga.....This teams needs SMART, Reliable players...not players who cant make the RIGHT decision....Garrett preaches RKG's...its time to draft the RKG's

Two breath test came back inconclusive . Dak is a great kid snd RKG. If he was drinking, it is the only mistake that I know of and I live in Mississippi , so he is in the news a lot. He does not have the talent to ever be a starting QB and that is my problem with Dallas drafting him.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I would MUCH rather have Doughty or Hogan than Prescott. Plus, they can be had in later rounds.

egn22

Reaction score
And this is why you can't listen to everything you here. Some folks just love puking non-sense out their mouths. Dak Prescott is a good QB that if giving a year or two to learn the dynamics of the pro game, could be very good. The Cowboys know him well, as they have visited with him fours times already over the last couple of months. So, it won't be a surprise if they pick him up via the mid rounds. He has over 70 passing TDs and 40 rushing TDs against teams within the strongest Conference in college football..the SEC. A career 62% completion rating. He's beat LSU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Kentucy, Missorri, Lousiana Tech, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M to name a few. And to top it off, he's a humble, RKG type player. So excuse me if I disagree with the above poster. He obviously didn't watch Dak carry Miss St the last three years. And unlike the guys at Ohio St... Name another player that helped Dak be successful. He WILL be a late round steal for some team. So let other teams give up their whole draft for guys from North Dakota st., I'd be perfectly happy with letting Dak learn from Romo

And the crowd ROARS!!!

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
And this is why you can't listen to everything you here. Some folks just love puking non-sense out their mouths. Dak Prescott is a good QB that if giving a year or two to learn the dynamics of the pro game, could be very good. The Cowboys know him well, as they have visited with him fours times already over the last couple of months. So, it won't be a surprise if they pick him up via the mid rounds. He has over 70 passing TDs and 40 rushing TDs against teams within the strongest Conference in college football..the SEC. A career 62% completion rating. He's beat LSU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Kentucy, Missorri, Lousiana Tech, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M to name a few. And to top it off, he's a humble, RKG type player. So excuse me if I disagree with the above poster. He obviously didn't watch Dak carry Miss St the last three years. And unlike the guys at Ohio St... Name another player that helped Dak be successful. He WILL be a late round steal for some team. So let other teams give up their whole draft for guys from North Dakota st., I'd be perfectly happy with letting Dak learn from Romo
props..