Why the extreme points of view on Dak?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
If you are insisting on comparing it to school then the grades would represent the regular season and the playoffs the SAT/ACT. It would be like getting A's and then scoring in the the third quartile on the SAT. Harvard is not letting you in.
I like that one too. Either way, at some point a decision is made...you're either accepted or denied. And that finality may seem extreme...but it's not. You had your fair shot...and you lipped the rim.

But in the end, people saying they are done in year 8 is not extreme. After 7 playoff games is not extreme. After his sub par performances have been predictable...none of this is extreme.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
It's the current world we live in. You absolutely love someone or hate someone it seems. No one ever thinks things out before they pull the trigger on a post. Ready fire aim seems to be the norm. Kinda sad. I still like the idea of thinking for 10 seconds before posting.
I agree with you. Some might say your post also has the "stink" of that binary mentality. "No one ever"? :)

But seriously, I don't hate Dak but I want him gone. I've seen enough...is that extreme to you?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I agree with you. Some might say your post also has the "stink" of that binary mentality. "No one ever"? :)

But seriously, I don't hate Dak but I want him gone. I've seen enough...is that extreme to you?
I think most are ready to move on, i think some of us just realize we are moving on to more of the same with this FO. Dak was not going to solve the Dallas Cowboys problems..removing Dak will also not solve the Dallas Cowboys problems.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If 25% of the cap is to the QB and the offense gets 48% it is what it is. 48 - 25 = 23% of the cap for the rest of the offense.

You do not see how that is inefficient?
What I find inefficient is all the posts complaining about QB market...yet the same posters, if they owned a solid team needing a QB, would throw their hate for the QB market out the window if Brock Purdy was available to the highest bidder. They would be adding to the problem they claim is out of whack.

Thats the issue these owners and GM's face. There is always a couple of teams that feel they have a good young squad and need a QB....every single year. Its a cycle due to there always being a few teams rebuilding.

All these posts can hate the market...but they would do what they are claiming current owners and GM's are stupid for doing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Cap crap.
Why keep a guy who has proven no matter how much talent you surround him with he's not a accurate passer under pressure?
Why?
It's not up for interpretation, it's fact.
Not accurate is delusional.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cap crap.
Why keep a guy who has proven no matter how much talent you surround him with he's not a accurate passer under pressure?
Why?
It's not up for interpretation, it's fact.
I mean i think he ranks top five ever in comp% under pressure but ok...he sucked in the first half of the GB playoff game, thats a fact, why not just stick to the facts?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You need to work on reading and critical thinking skills. I said at some point not some gratuitously small ostensibly nonexistent reduction. Try again.
Come on, fuzzy, you know I can't read all them big 75 cent words? lol

Dak is getting paid, but who pays him this time?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I like that one too. Either way, at some point a decision is made...you're either accepted or denied. And that finality may seem extreme...but it's not. You had your fair shot...and you lipped the rim.

But in the end, people saying they are done in year 8 is not extreme. After 7 playoff games is not extreme. After his sub par performances have been predictable...none of this is extreme.
Done with no replacement is extreme.

Done with no back up plan is extremely extreme.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Come on, fuzzy, you know I can't read all them big 75 cent words? lol

Dak is getting paid, but who pays him this time?
Yes, I know that google is hard for you. BTW which word did you think was more difficult?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What I find inefficient is all the posts complaining about QB market...yet the same posters, if they owned a solid team needing a QB, would throw their hate for the QB market out the window if Brock Purdy was available to the highest bidder. They would be adding to the problem they claim is out of whack.

Thats the issue these owners and GM's face. There is always a couple of teams that feel they have a good young squad and need a QB....every single year. Its a cycle due to there always being a few teams rebuilding.

All these posts can hate the market...but they would do what they are claiming current owners and GM's are stupid for doing.
Complaining? So you take issue with my saying that it is inefficient while not disagreeing with the point being correct. Interesting mental gymnastics there.

Big_D

Reaction score
If there is indeed an extension you can guarantee that number won't be good for the team no matter where it is. He priced himself out of town at this point. If they extend him they basically screw themselves.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
well, would letting Dak play out his last year without extending his contract at all really be a bad thing? yeah his final cap hit would be about 59 mil, but do you see us in a hurry to spend cap money anywhere else? We sure know how to free up money now, while killing future years cap wise mind you, but do we even spend it. it is one year then you are free and clear of Dak's contract. Draft a guy this year or next, check out Trey Lance for real, anything but just extend a QB, who has yet to prove he can get us deeper into the playoffs let alone SB, to more years just so we can do so a little cheaper now.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
well, would letting Dak play out his last year without extending his contract at all really be a bad thing? yeah his final cap hit would be about 59 mil, but do you see us in a hurry to spend cap money anywhere else? We sure know how to free up money now, while killing future years cap wise mind you, but do we even spend it. it is one year then you are free and clear of Dak's contract. Draft a guy this year or next, check out Trey Lance for real, anything but just extend a QB, who has yet to prove he can get us deeper into the playoffs let alone SB, to more years just so we can do so a little cheaper now.
Yes in a real FO this is a great point..can you honestly say thats what this FO is doing after 28 years? "Lets see if he works out if not lets get someone who does!" Im on board but man nothing this FO has done shows me they have any plan at all..

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Complaining? So you take issue with my saying that it is inefficient while not disagreeing with the point being correct. Interesting mental gymnastics there.
I have no issue you with what you said.

What are you doing that is more efficient?

How are you weighting the values of good players vs average in your efficient cap management? How are you treating the scenario I posted above about if you were an owner, with what you and your FO Team was a very solid team but needed a QB and Brock Purdy was gettable to the highest bidder?

Is anyone able to give answer that doesnt involve taking advantage of cheap labor such as rookie contracts?

I would love for Dak to not seek top dollar so we could add talent...but if he can go elsewhere and get paid...the owner is in a tough spot. Counting on rookies is risky when you have a team of players that dont want to waste their careers(I know its a job first, but winning is a thing in Sports). Seems like going after average paid QB vets that havent had success while drafting and grooming youngsters is the only option. But...you hit on a youngster...you gonna have to pay at some point.

There just isnt anyway around the talent/salary issue with QB's. I just think deliberately taking advantage of cheap labor is makes the Organization look bad. Once you get a bad wrap...you then have to start over-paying for Free Agents to come here.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have no issue you with what you said.

What are you doing that is more efficient?

How are you weighting the values of good players vs average in your efficient cap management? How are you treating the scenario I posted above about if you were an owner, with what you and your FO Team was a very solid team but needed a QB and Brock Purdy was gettable to the highest bidder?

Is anyone able to give answer that doesnt involve taking advantage of cheap labor such as rookie contracts?

I would love for Dak to not seek top dollar so we could add talent...but if he can go elsewhere and get paid...the owner is in a tough spot. Counting on rookies is risky when you have a team of players that dont want to waste their careers(I know its a job first, but winning is a thing in Sports). Seems like going after average paid QB vets that havent had success while drafting and grooming youngsters is the only option. But...you hit on a youngster...you gonna have to pay at some point.

There just isnt anyway around the talent/salary issue with QB's. I just think deliberately taking advantage of cheap labor is makes the Organization look bad. Once you get a bad wrap...you then have to start over-paying for Free Agents to come here.
What am I doing? This is not about you and me, holmes.

The point here is it makes sense to pursue efficient contracts and avoid inefficient ones.

It is a tough spot now. If the choice is between him taking a prohibitively inefficient contract eating up a disproportionate portion of your budget or letting him walk then it seems pretty clear to me.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What am I doing? This is not about you and me, holmes.

The point here is it makes sense to pursue efficient contracts and avoid inefficient ones.

It is a tough spot now. If the choice is between him taking a prohibitively inefficient contract eating up a disproportionate portion of your budget or letting him walk then it seems pretty clear to me.
Is it possible that GM Jethro is going to let this year play out then resign Dak, CD and Micah next year, back load all their contracts and then go all in on FA's to make a 2 to 3 year run???

zeke21

Reaction score
They should create a Dak Contract Zone dedicated to those who are obsessed with his contract and cap hit. Even if he’s extended the complaints about his contract will never end. Fans are still complaining about his last extension even though he’s well down the list of highest paid QBs. This fan base won’t be happy until we have a young QB on their rookie deal or a cheap veteran castoff as our starter. Some will care less if they can play as long as they’re not taking up a big percentage of our cap.
The second time Dak has created the need for a whole dedicated 'zone' for discussion.

Agree we don't need multiple threads a day on this piece of trash.