Why the extreme points of view on Dak?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well I bet he doesnt choose to get rattled (as you put it), but that's part of his temperament, of course it's on him, it's part of who he is. The league doesnt give discounts for anxiety, or excuses for those that cant perform under pressure.

You can call it a reason for why he struggles, but it's still on him.
He gets rattled when everything on him and he does not know what to do. Now his contract is a big reason why he has to do everything but you seem only intent on fault and blame. BTW, prisons are full of people that fixate on fault and blame. They use it as an excuse for undesirable behavior.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He gets rattled when everything on him and he does not know what to do. Now his contract is a big reason why he has to do everything but you seem only intent on fault and blame. BTW, prisons are full of people that fixate on fault and blame. They use it as an excuse for undesirable behavior.
What a weird comment.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well I bet he doesnt choose to get rattled (as you put it), but that's part of his temperament, of course it's on him, it's part of who he is. The league doesnt give discounts for anxiety, or excuses for those that cant perform under pressure.

You can call it a reason for why he struggles, but it's still on him.
You say potato I say potato. It’s the same thing. He doesn’t thrive under pressure. That’s it. It’s not a personal fault. He’d change it if he could. Some guys keep a 65 bpm heart rate in a gun fight. Can’t explain why.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well when you can't run the ball and they focus on taking away CD, I would be panicking having to throw the ball to Gallup.

Never mind the defense can't get a stop.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought defenses played to stop the run and make shakey beat them with his arm. dang.. hum

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The QB's that choke don't make the playoffs.
He showed the same weaknesses in regular season games as he did in the play-offs....the only difference is the standard of opposition. We'll see how he performs with this years harder schedule.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand the various schools of thought on Dak (pro and con) but what I can’t quite wrap my mind around is that people ignore the cap implications of a Dak extension.

I would say that MOST intelligent people realize that most people would want Dak to stick around for a low enough cap hit and most would want Dak to go away at a high enough cap number. The rubber meeting the road with Dak is mostly his cap impact going forward.

The worst situation with Dak isn’t keeping Dak or trading Dak away, or letting Dak walk away in free agency. The worst situation is wrecking the cap with a Dak signing so badly that the team has no chance of competing for a SB with Dak’s cap number.

You can argue at what point the cap number gets too prohibitive to keep Dak but based on the evidence we have in front of us (no Dak extension) that Dak’s demands exceed what the organization thinks that number is.
People can’t set aside their personal bias.

Redline360

Reaction score
My father always brings up the question. Would you rather have someone who puts up average stats and plays good in the playoffs or a fantasy football quarterback who fails in the post season.

Eli vs Dak or someone like Jackson.

I would be all for keeping Dak if he had played good in the postseason but he's been atrocious and a massive part of the problem.

kskboys

Reaction score
You playing with me now? Yes...of course you are.

If you think you trapped me..not. Feel free to judge all you want. Doesn't make you right about it. Judge me for "punctuation" deficiencies if you wish...you'd be wrong. Judge me for errant typing and you might be right.

So judge away. Whatever floats your boat.
Didn't trap you, simply called you out on a proclamation you made, and then went completely against said proclamation.

Funny stuff, dude. You're the one who starting this "judging" thingie, not me. Might want to step back on this one and reconsider.

glimmerman

Reaction score
To be fair they had just extended Romo and Dak came out of nowhere. So although Dak was making peanuts, we were still paying Romo and others for all the extensions of years past. The same will hold true when Dak leaves.
We were in cap hell for years. At some point we had to clean the slate. Having Dak for peanuts helped.

glimmerman

Reaction score
But every team has a weakness, its the way of the CAP. What the CAP also means is that those in receipt of the highest CAP% have to step up.
The running game doesn't work because teams know how to challenge Dak (see Jimmie Ward's quote on SF's Blueprint).

As an aside, didn't GB have 36 odd yards on the ground at half time....the game was gone by then.
They won by big plays. A pick 6. Was one. We won in almost every catagory except score. They had 20 yards rush yards than us. We were 0-2 for 4th down attempts and allowed 4 sacks. They played a clean game and took advantage of field position. Big plays. They made them and we didn’t. We didn’t execute. As units we failed. But the pick 6 didn’t cost us the game. And I am not defending Dak. He needed to play better. Besides the 2 picks he had a descent game but those picks were daggers whether it was WR or QB fault. What surprised me was them calling the holds on Parsons. He could have taken over the game but didn’t. I was shocked at that..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Its not that he just didnt play well....stunningly inept on occaision. The int for pick 6 is inexplicable. Something he'd never of done in 2016.
He felt the pressure. Watching the play you see the disconnect between Dak and Lamb. Teams know Lamb is getting the ball but Dak gets it to him anyways and Lamb catches it. That pick 6 was gonna get Lamb laid out. He saw it and didn’t want to take the hit, he tried to knock it down. The pass should have been on Lamb when he made his break and not led across the middle.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree. Opinions on Dak should not be so binary. He is a fine QB against average and weak defenses. He can be a world beater at times. He is prone to mistakes. Can get rattled. Absolutely sucks in big games. He is ok. Not terrible. Not great. I also don’t understand the hate. He seems like a good guy. Not a championship QB but that’s not his fault. He doesn’t have the emotional toughness to win it all.
One of the problems is Dak being paid like a top QB, but he is not performing like one. A top QB does not fade during the most critical times in big games. He should step up and perform instead of saying the game was too fast .