Why the extreme points of view on Dak?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think the divide isn’t about the contract as much as their belief in his ability.

If you don’t believe he’s enough then it doesn’t really matter what his contract is. You’re ready to move on.

Most of his detractors wouldn’t want him at 25 or 30 mil. His contract without more success in the playoffs simply becomes a talking point.

If you think he’s enough or could be enough then the contract simply is part of doing business with what most critics more in the middle consider a top 10 caliber QB.

I’m not sure 50 or 55+ mil per make that much difference as Cap is expected to rise about 10% a season.

We’re assuming our FO would make the most of the 5-10 million saved and all that’s holding us back.
Wrong....I'd take him on $25m as you could build a run defense and top RB with the 'saving'.
I advocated for Henry at the deadline, but thankful we didn't go ahead as we'd be without a 1st Pick and probably still wouldn't of beaten GB.

khiladi

Reaction score
QB of America's team is the most coveted position in Sports!.
P.S. It also brings heat galore and if you're a Deer in the Headlights type of guy I highly recommend you don't take the job!
Dak is second in terms of endorsement money of any player in the league and he’s not even the top jersey seller on the league. This title belongs to Micah Parsons.

That shows how coveted it is, because advertisers know that Dallas games are constantly among the top-rated games week in and week out.

Any QB of this team is going to get paid..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wrong....I'd take him on $25m as you could build a run defense and top RB with the 'saving'.
I advocated for Henry at the deadline, but thankful we didn't go ahead as we'd be without a 1st Pick and probably still wouldn't have beaten GB.
Of course but most who thinks he suks and preventing us from more success wouldn't want him for free. Lol

Who’s winning Super Bowls with a below average 25 mil per QB?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Of course but most who thinks he suks and preventing us from more success wouldn't want him for free. Lol

Who’s winning Super Bowls with a below average 25 mil per QB?
....even Eagles were close to achieving that in 2022 season

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They haven’t won a SB. And their QB is on a Rookie contract.
Still earning under $25m. The point is not paying 'top dollar' for your QB. Come on we as Cowboys fans quibbling about SB, or SB win when we can't even get INTO a Championship game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Still earning under $25m. The point is not paying 'top dollar' for your QB. Come on we as Cowboys fans quibbling about SB, or SB win when we can't even get INTO a Championship game.
But he won’t be after Rookie contract. And if he’s not enough it won’t matter whether he’s over paid or not.

Dak wasn’t enough on his Rookie contract when he was basically free, why would we expect him to be enough at 40, 50 or 60?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is literally nothing right about anything you wrote

The people that want Dak gone, want him gone at basically all costs

It’s also pure ignorance to think that Dak is going to give this team some sort of team friendly deal

Dak is getting a minimum of 50M a year and that’s conservative.

This idea that you can’t win with a qb on a big contract is also dumb and flawed. If you have the right qb , you win no matter what he costs. If you have the wrong qb, you don’t win, no matter what he costs.
This^^^^^^^

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, who cares, it just gives an alternative viewpoint on how to get to a SB.....do it with a Rookie....interestingly, neither of which were 1st Rd picks.
Build the line's first.
No, the point is the bigger contract just becomes a talking point.

If you can’t win or have more success on their Rookie contract it’s not likely you will after paying him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
But he won’t be after Rookie contract. And if he’s not enough it won’t matter whether he’s over paid or not.

Dak wasn’t enough on his Rookie contract when he was basically free, why would we expect him to be enough at 40, 50 or 60?
So what's your point, it appears you're saying it's time to move on, as you say what about paying him $50m + (20% CAP) makes you think he'll be able to achieve when he couldn't achieve anything on his Rookie deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So what's your point, it appears you're saying it's time to move on, as you say what about paying him $50m + (20% CAP) makes you think he'll be able to achieve when he couldn't achieve anything on his Rookie deal.
I’m not supporting either side. I’m more about sensing what our ownership will do. And why .

I was ready to move on years ago but it doesn’t matter what I think. Only what Jethro thinks.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak is second in terms of endorsement money of any player in the league and he’s not even the top jersey seller on the league. This title belongs to Micah Parsons.

That shows how coveted it is, because advertisers know that Dallas games are constantly among the top-rated games week in and week out.

Any QB of this team is going to get paid..
This is the thing that seems to get lost on agents and players. Would Dak receive as much endorsement income playing for someone else? Very few teams have the visibility that the Dallas Cowboys do.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’m not supporting either side. I’m more about sensing what our ownership will do. And why .

I was ready to move on years ago but it doesn’t matter what I think. Only what Jethro thinks.
Well if that's the discussion then Jerry will capitulate and overpay as he can't evaluate talent (hence paying his nearly everyone of his own) loves the star names and can't bear to see a transitional period (especially at his time of life).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well if that's the discussion then Jerry will capitulate and overpay as he can't evaluate talent (hence paying his nearly everyone of his own) loves the star names and can't bear to see a transitional period (especially at his time of life).
And that’s the bottomline .

What we should or shouldn’t do makes little difference .

That said it doesn’t mean some of these talking points aren’t partial, misdirected and some simply incorrect or poorly narrated .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the thing that seems to get lost on agents and players. Would Dak receive as much endorsement income playing for someone else? Very few teams have the visibility that the Dallas Cowboys do.
I think some forget or lose sight what an agents job is. To optimize their players contract. Not make friendly team deals . That’s up to players to concede not their agent .