Will Cooper Rush be cut?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
....doubt it. When Rush's number has been called, he's answered.

Lance, is still to be tested. I do see him playing lots in pre season.
how has he answered? its more like the defense answered. Rush is the QB, leading the offense. all the way to 22nd ranking in every offensive statistical category when he played. he literally needed the defense to score for him to get wins. first time any team scored more than 20 on cowboys. we lost.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No. I think Rush’s job is the safest as far as getting a longer term deal. He’s at best a solid backup QB. It’s either Dak does something he hasn’t done before or he’s gone, Lance steps up or he’s gone, or the Cowboys draft a QB next year.
Truth.

He is the ultimate backup QB.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
liteally. nobody! Rush is not in the top 10 of back up QBs, but in Cowboys land, where Dak hate is normal, Rush is elevated to HOF status by a few
Rush is a bum. Proving that this roster is good enough to go 5-1 with a straight up turd at the qb position. Him being terrible only highlights how average Dak really is and how good our roster really is.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd venture to say it's anyone's guess if Rush might stay or be released. Much depends upon whether Trey Lance is able to be impressive enough in training camp to push Rush aside. I expect that Lance would be given the benefit of the doubt if they're very close in their play. Jerry would likely want to protect his image and/or ego from being wounded any more than it has been in the past.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Rush exists because Jerry like him. He is like an old shoe. Truth is they will never win if they really have to rely on him. Guy is unbelievably limited.
5-1 is pretty legit for back up QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Rush is a bum. Proving that this roster is good enough to go 5-1 with a straight up turd at the qb position. Him being terrible only highlights how average Dak really is and how good our roster really is.
ok, Dak is average. now what? what is it you want? or are you just complaining?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You cannot say Dak is more successful than JimmyG.

It’s not even close.
that wasn't my question. somehow you spun that into Dak vs. Jimmy G.

my question again, based on the criteria that was provided. is Dilfer better than Dan Marino? he has amuch better playoff record.

so?

Praxit

Reaction score
how has he answered? its more like the defense answered. Rush is the QB, leading the offense. all the way to 22nd ranking in every offensive statistical category when he played. he literally needed the defense to score for him to get wins. first time any team scored more than 20 on cowboys. we lost.
...good points. I guess he's serviceable. ..lahhaha

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
want to throw a few names into the hat or you going to dance around and avoid? give us somebody we can get that would be better.
Too late to do anything now other than pray Lance does something in camp. We'll see what happens in preseason. If he's not the answer we need to upgrade in 2025 in FA and/or the draft.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Too late to do anything now other than pray Lance does something in camp. We'll see what happens in preseason. If he's not the answer we need to upgrade in 2025 in FA and/or the draft.
The best free agent quarterback in 2025 will be Dak Prescott.