CFZ Will Dallas Really Run More in 2023? Why?

kskboys

Reaction score
Frankly, the important question isn’t if they’ll run more often, but if they’ll run the ball more efficiently, and in the right situations. Will they run more often at the appropriate times during games?
Yup.

Will we drive the field into the red zone w/ a great mix of running and passing, and then throw three 45 yard passes and attempt a FG?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I want to know how the pass routes will change more than running the ball.

It has been stated repeatedly that McCarthy is not a fan of the frequency of option routes in our offense. I think he knows that teams that scout well know how to induce these "options" to go exactly where they want and thus force Dak to make a snap decision between eat the ball or make a high risk throw. I also hope we've seen the last of the one yard fade TD pass to pad the passing numbers and the red zone end around. Run the damn ball in.. beat on the d-line, feed your o-line. Line 'em up and let's play football.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
not the amount, its the type of plays ran, when they are ran and being more efficient, the plays are dated and not called situationally correct,.. how about this, Not carries,

how about the last 4 RS and the 2 playoff games Pollard was like 3.8 YPC 51YPG and ZERO Tds. you like that?

no run game ie 16 (pollard 6 zeke 10 runs to rbs called in the 9er playoff game and add daks 2 scramble and 2 Lamb runs=22.. 37?? where did you get that apparently i bet they are all off .https://www.nfl.com/games/cowboys-at-49ers-2022-post-2

they did run well in the TB wc game and WON..
Yeah in what alternate reality did the Cowboys run it 37 times against the 49ers? My source says 22 for 76 yards. Maybe we watched a different game than this dude?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know that we will run more. I think the issue is more to do with how the run is implemented in the game plan.

One of Moore's offense's biggest issues was how predictable it was. The curl routes were a meme and aftershows were full of opposing defenders saying they knew what was coming.

MM appears to be attacking the issue in two ways from what he was saying at the owner's meetings.

T-RO

Reaction score
Well isn’t it smarter to run the bell 3 times in a row to get a first down lol? Especially when your quarterback has 15 interceptions?
I'd trust our former uber-successful OC, over you and other arm-chair play callers here.

Dallas was #1 in Red Zone conversions. NUMBER ONE.
Dallas was 5th in Third down conversions--that despite having scrub Cooper Rush and non-top-five Dak at QB...forced to rely on Zeke "Toast" Elliott.

conner01

Reaction score
How much you run is determined by how effectively you run.
If you run effectively then you can keep running, if you don’t then you cant

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd trust our former uber-successful OC, over you and other arm-chair play callers here.

Dallas was 5th in Third down conversions--that despite having scrub Cooper Rush and non-top-five Dak at QB...forced to rely on Zeke "Toast" Elliott.
Oh the good ol “I trust the guy Jerry hired over you” argument. I never said trust me. I’m just using your logic. I highly doubt Kellens reason for passing was because leave average is 7 yards lol. I literally just saw the Chiefs win the Super rushing the ball 26 times and pass it 27 times….but I guess next you’ll tell me you trust Kellen Moore over Andy Reid lol.

T-RO

Reaction score
Chiefs win the Super rushing the ball 26 times and pass it 27 times….but I guess next you’ll tell me you trust Kellen Moore over Andy Reid lol.
Took Chiefs 20 games to win a Super Bowl, not one.

Chiefs passed 651...ran 417 times during the regular season. In AFC championship game 39 passes, 24 runs.

Insert Coin. Try Again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Took Chiefs 20 games to win a Super Bowl, not one.

Chiefs passed 651...ran 417 times during the regular season. In AFC championship game 39 passes, 24 runs.

Insert Coin. Try Again.
So you don’t care what they did in the playoffs you just care about what they did during the regular season…so basically you should be ok with the Cowboys they light it up in the regular season and don’t do anything when the playoffs comes around. Interesting….

T-RO

Reaction score
So you don’t care what they did in the playoffs you just care about what they did during the regular season
You're being absurd. You think one playoff game where the chiefs ran it half the time proves something?

Go look at the last 10 Chiefs playoff games, including super Bowls. 60% passing, on average.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're being absurd. You think one playoff game where the chiefs ran it half the time proves something?

Go look at the last 10 Chiefs playoff games, including super Bowls. 60% passing, on average.
Only ran it 20 times against the Bengals…against the Jags ran it 30 times and passed it 30 times lol….so in 2 of their 3 playoff games they ran it as much as they threw it. Meanwhile, Kellen Moore is….Kellen Moore..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just a reminder:
Average NFL pass play: 7 yards
Average NFO run play: 4.4 yards

So hey, let's focus our attention, our personnel, our energy on running the rock! Makes total sense. :facepalm:
You can always tell when people deep down know they don't have an argument: they trot out the emoticons to reiterate their feelings so they feel that someone supports them, even if it's only a pixel person.

T-RO

Reaction score
You can always tell when people deep down know they don't have an argument: they trot out the emoticons to reiterate their feelings so they feel that someone supports them, even if it's only a pixel person.
If this somehow fails to register with you...then enjoy the pixel people. My gift to you.

Average NFL pass play: 7 yards
Average NFL run play: 4.4 yards

It's a passing league. Has been for years, yet some in this thread still haven't got the memo.

If Big Mike really tries to run more next year, he's a neanderthal. If he didn't mean what he said and is just chattering, he's a clown.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I typically don’t question these professional play callers but I’d love for someone to explain the point of 3rd and 2 with no backs out there. It’s the dumbest thing I see this team do on offense.
I don't care for that either. I could see using it as a deception when first lining up then shifting to at least one back in the backfield with the QB. You can do so much more with this than 5 wide outs and an empty backfield. You can also have at least one body back there to block for you QB in case a block is missed.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

If we are just going to go by sources over arm-chair play callers, I'll trust our super bowl winning coach over the OC that was forced on him and he fired. An OC that learned his offense from a guy who is now out of the league after a quick flameout in NY.

T-RO

Reaction score
I also hope we've seen the last of the one yard fade TD pass to pad the passing numbers and the red zone end around. Run the damn ball in.. beat on the d-line, feed your o-line. Line 'em up and let's play football.
You Moore critics just keep throwing nonsense at the wall and hope something sticks.

In 2023 Dallas got to opponent's ≤3 yard 21 times. The results?

TDs: 18
Field Goal: 2
Thwarted on 4th down: 1

Only time Dallas failed to score? 3rd quarter of Houston game. The plays called?
-Ezekiel Elliott left guard for 2 yards
-Ezekiel Elliott up the middle for -1 yards