Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The flaw in this is thinking that a year from now people will say, "Gee, remember when Smith slapped Chris Rock on the Oscars? We have to watch this year now!"

The reality is what happened last night probably doesn't move the needle one way or the other in ratings going forward. It will largely be forgotten in a few months.
And it will be all in the news a few weeks before the next Oscars, pumping people back up. I guarantee, Chris Rock will be the host next year and dummies who thought this was real will clear off their schedule to watch this crap show. Boom. Winning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol @ conspiracy.

Some people have laughed at inappropriate jokes for as long as humor has existed in the world. The same people reflect on what they first thought was funny and thought differently afterwards. It happens, literally, all the time. Personally, I have seen people get punched for far less than a bald joke.

Of course, everything and everyone associated with Hollywood is fake.

Chris: Will! Jada! Let's make television history!
Will: I'm on board.
Jada: Okay. How?
Chris: You're bald. I'm gonna tell a bald joke about you.
Jada: Cool.
Will: What do I do?
Chris: Laugh first. Then look at Jada. Get serious. Come on stage. And slap me.
Will: Nice! Should I open hand slap you or pimp slap you?
Chris: No pimp slap. That would look fake.
Will: Gotcha.
Chris: ABC?
ABC: Yeah?
Chris: Make sure to tell just a few people about the skit. You know. Tell a few guys to, you know, console angry Will. And and... focus cameras on some females for their reactions.
ABC: You got it Mr. Rock.
Chris: Australian TV?
Australian TV: Yo.
Chris: Don't. Bleep. Nothing. Okay?
Australian TV: Crikey! People will be mad tweeting! Good stuff Rocky!
Chris: Yeah. I know. I'm a comedian. Now, everyone knows what to do? Get ready... set... GO!

I got into one little fight and my mom got scared and said, "You're moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air..."

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I hate Cris Rock. And comedians always cross the line. Line crossers have no respect until somebody assaults them. I bet you Rick James never rubbed his dirty shoes on Eddie Murphy's couch again. Cocaine is a helluva drug ain't Cris Rock's excuse. People that cross the line need to be put in check. Hence all of the international companies halting business in Russia. You can call it crime and punishment or you can call it karma, but line crossers need to know their actions have consequences. So think before you speak and think before you act. If you don't there will be consequences for each and every last one of us.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I hate Cris Rock. And comedians always cross the line. Line crossers have no respect until somebody assaults them. I bet you Rick James never rubbed his dirty shoes on Eddie Murphy's couch again. Cocaine is a helluva drug ain't Cris Rock's excuse. People that cross the line need to be put in check. Hence all of the international companies halting business in Russia. You can call it crime and punishment or you can call it karma, but line crossers need to know their actions have consequences. So think before you speak and think before you act. If you don't there will be consequences for each and every last one of us.

Sure, but that line is not a bald joke. Not anywhere near it. We’re talking physical assault over a what amounts to a joke. Whether one thinks it was appropriate or tasteless or whatever is one thing, but it doesn’t warrant physicality. Especially since Jada Smith herself has said she doesn’t care what people say about her baldness several times.

If the line where consequences need to start is at bald jokes, then the majority of the human population needs to be slapped a thousand times, because we’ve all said worse.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Rock literally leaned slightly forward and turned his face slightly to the side in anticipation.

The cops don't need anyone to "press charges" before they can make an arrest, nor do prosecutors need anyone to "press charges" before they charge someone with a crime.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was definitely real. The Australian version aired uncensored and has been posted online. Smith was fuming and tearing up he was so upset.
Smith is a very good actor... could have easily faked the anger. Just can't help but believe it was staged.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Another grug brain take.

Let me ask you this, what if someone after the slap continues making the joke - is the justification escalating the violence? I can guarantee you, more comedians WILL now target both Will and Jada. No matter what joke you tell, somewhere some segment of the population is going to be offended.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rock literally leaned slightly forward and turned his face slightly to the side in anticipation.

The cops don't need anyone to "press charges" before they can make an arrest, nor do prosecutors need anyone to "press charges" before they charge someone with a crime.

There were things not shown on TV and off-camera many reported on, Will Smith literally breaking down in tears as people like Denzel Washington were telling him to calm down.

Not saying I'm not skeptical at all, I just think this might be even a little beyond what the academy would want as a staged event.

Sydla

Reaction score
And it will be all in the news a few weeks before the next Oscars, pumping people back up. I guarantee, Chris Rock will be the host next year and dummies who thought this was real will clear off their schedule to watch this crap show. Boom. Winning.

You got quite the conspiracy going here now. So now Chris Rock will be the host? LOL.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Apply Occam's razor to what transpired last night. There are a lot more moving parts involved if this was a staged event than if it were just one single guy(Will Smith) who lost his composure. It is definitely possible that the whole ordeal was fake, but I don't think it is probable.

Haimerej

Reaction score
On one hand you have a comedian, and one known for crossing lines, and on the other people in the spotlight and out in public. She had already mentioned earlier that she was fine with her head so what's Smith doing? Slapping another man in his wife's honor? What a joke. What man slaps another man?

Then he doubles down by yelling from his seat, to showoff his male prowess and protective instinct, twice to keep his wife's name out of his mouth? Why was he laughing after the joke and then doing something stupid?

That all looked staged the first time I saw it but I think they would have come clean by now if that was a set up.

Chris Rock handled that really well, which is what lead me to believe it was a set up. Most people are going to react to being slapped differently than that.

What purpose would doing this serve? All it did was show Will to be an emotional simp.

Haimerej

Reaction score
It's gone mega-viral. The Oscars just became relevant again overnight. Why in the hell would the Producers wan't to kill that wave by admitting that it was staged?

The Oscars are still irrelevant. No one's talking about the Oscar's here.

rags

Reaction score
I just hope this doesn't start similar incidents at comedy clubs around the country.

mrmojo

Reaction score
It was real......my wife has alopecia and we felt the joke was uncalled for but handled in the wrong way by Wil Smith. Instead of bringing awareness to the disease the focus now is on Wil Smith......again.