Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

triplets_93

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe of ESPN explains why a slap is more insulting than a punch...

triplets_93

Reaction score
Smith is a very good actor... could have easily faked the anger. Just can't help but believe it was staged.

It's like assuming that Will Smith can just cry on demand. I guess he should be chosen to play the part in the Jussie Smollett biopic...

joseephuss

Reaction score
jIA.gif

This would have been a more classy way to slap him.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Guys! I thought it was real, but I just learned both people involved really are actors….

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well whatever it was it worked. I've never watched an Oscars before in my life including last night. I will however be tuning in for 2023 in eager anticipation of a fight between Kirsten Dunst and Kristen Stewart over the proper way to spell Kristin.
My money's on Dunst. I cannot stand Bellllllla, excuse me, Stewart.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Also, I really wish people would stop referring to Jada like she has some serious life threatening disease. She is literally just balding, which 80% of men experience before turning 50.

An entire sitcom was centered around a short bald man being mocked for losing his hair. Deal with it, Jada.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Academy Launches Formal Review of Will Smith’s Slap and ‘Condemns the Actions’

https://www.thewrap.com/academy-will-smith-slap-formal-review-condemns-actions/

The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has said that it condemns Will Smith slapping Chris Rock during last night’s Oscars and that it has now officially started a “formal review” of the incident.

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show. We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law,” an Academy spokesperson said in a statement.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Chris Rock is going to get slapped over that, Rickey Gervais should feel blessed they weren't packing heat the night he hosted. He was making me laugh and shift uneasily in my seat at the same time. Don Rickles would have bowed down to him.

I wonder if the CEO of ATT would like to do that to John Oliver?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
The Oscars are still irrelevant. No one's talking about the Oscar's here.
Yes, irrelevant to me, but here we are talking about what happened at the Oscars. Multiply that by all of the casual smooth brains out there that only tune into the Super Bowl for the halftime show, and that's who the Adademy Awards is targeting.

You got quite the conspiracy going here now. So now Chris Rock will be the host? LOL.
Oh yeah, "cONsPirACy!!!"

I see you're "LOL" and raise you a 1-month avatar bet next year when Chris Rock is a host of that abomination. Deal? I'll get rid of that Rowdy for a month and put an Eagles avatar instead. Very fitting..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's amazing the conspiracies that people will believe and then not believe what happened last night

Will Smith slapped Chris Rock, nothing about that was staged

No one stages an actual hit to the face

And quite frankly, Chris Rock isn't a good enough actor to even attempt to pull this off

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
h yeah, "cONsPirACy!!!"

I see you're "LOL" and raise you a 1-month avatar bet next year when Chris Rock is a host of that abomination. Deal? I'll get rid of that Rowdy for a month and put an Eagles avatar instead. Very fitting..
Usually I do not comment on avatar bets but asking a fellow Cowboys fan to risk adopting another NFL avatar (especially a Philly one) is a bit too much in my opinion. Are there any alternatives that would make a point and be demeaning at the same time?

How about an avatar of Roseanne Barr from She-Devil? You know. Like the one with the huge mole on her face?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
1648478918869.jpg

Yea that does not look like someone with there hands behind their back bracing themselves for a fake slap.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
People get roasted on these award shows, it's part of the gig. Jada isn't a "civilian", she's an actress married to another high profile actor and they're sitting smack dab in the middle right up front, prime roasting territory. It wasn't a great joke, probably a bit insensitive, but it didn't warrant that type of response from Will Smith.

Ricky Gervais was a whole lot harder on these room full of actors.