Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It doesn't make much sense for the Academy to overshadow the message they were trying to send last night with such a stunt.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It doesn't make much sense for the Academy to overshadow the message they were trying to send last night with such a stunt.

There’s no benefit for them to script it. It has made both Smith and the Academy look awful in the eyes of the majority of people in the news and online.

The Academy wanted the focus to be on the sweet, emotional indie movie Coda winning multiple awards, which had a nice message about deaf people. That’s the publicity they wanted. And of course, there was already good publicity because people expected Smith to win his first Oscar anyway.

They absolutely did not want Will Smith acting like a loose cannon and assaulting someone right before he accepted an award.

It was a huge blunder. I don’t know why people feel the need to turn it into some conspiracy that was just there to “boost ratings”.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Yes, irrelevant to me, but here we are talking about what happened at the Oscars. Multiply that by all of the casual smooth brains out there that only tune into the Super Bowl for the halftime show, and that's who the Adademy Awards is targeting.

Right. Only you can see through the propaganda.

I would assume the smooth brains were already watching.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Unless the "message" was an attempt to booster ratings for this year and this is an even bigger boost for next year ....... I mean there is a 7 page thread on a Football forum about it ........ I doubt that has ever happened before.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Unless the "message" was an attempt to booster ratings for this year and this is an even bigger boost for next year ....... I mean there is a 7 page thread on a Football forum about it ........ I doubt that has ever happened before.

When has a well known celebrity ever publicly assaulted another celebrity? Of course people are talking about it.

People aren't talking about who won the awards.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Most people didn't hear about the incident until after the Oscars was over. I doubt there was a immediate, dramatic increase in viewership last night. I also doubt there will be a significant increase in viewers for next year. There is an Oscar thread every year on this board.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who finds it bizarre he slapped him? I mean what kind of man slaps another guy?

He acted all tough but it was a sucker slap, at least make a fist dude.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I can't be the only one who finds it bizarre he slapped him? I mean what kind of man slaps another guy?

It was like a kid their first time on the high dive. Not confident in what they are doing, but trying to be brave and in the end just a basic flop into the pool.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a theory that may be completely untrue.

I am under the assumption that Will isn’t doing well mentally. I don’t think that he is ok with he and Jada’s open relationship, and how much she talks about it in public. She has publicly talked about doing the deed with her son’s friends for pete’s sake.

I already thought that, but then during his acceptance speech… something just seems off with him. I have plenty of mental illness in my family, and his manner of speech seemed all too familiar.

Otherwise, he just slapped someone on live TV for making a tasteless joke, which is completely uncalled for. I mean, he could have literally been arrested. Act like a grown man; this isn’t kindergarten.

But I get the feeling there’s more to it than that.
The weird part is that he and Jada were both laughing when the camera was on them, then suddenly Will came up and slapped Chris and yelled, "Get my wife's name out your ******* mouth!" after he sat back down.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I assume he knew a punch would definitely get him arrested or sued, possibly blackballed from Hollywood, whereas a hard slap would get the point across. Also, a well placed, hard slap can be very painful.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
My mistake, she rolled her eyes. It was a different woman who was laughing.
He seemed to think it was funny.........

FO84CMCVEAIjffY

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
People think that was real ...... lol

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/acade...lenews&utm_medium=inline&utm_source=applenews

“A “formal review” into Will Smith’s Oscar night slap involving Chris Rock is underway, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Monday, as it denounced the “King Richard” star’s behavior.

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith,” the statement read.

The statement is the AMPAs first official comment since the primetime assault — though it tweeted early Monday morning that it does “not condone violence of any form.”

The group stopped short of noting any specific consequences Smith could face.”

Is it still fake?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/acade...lenews&utm_medium=inline&utm_source=applenews

“A “formal review” into Will Smith’s Oscar night slap involving Chris Rock is underway, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Monday, as it denounced the “King Richard” star’s behavior.

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith,” the statement read.

The statement is the AMPAs first official comment since the primetime assault — though it tweeted early Monday morning that it does “not condone violence of any form.”

The group stopped short of noting any specific consequences Smith could face.”

Is it still fake?

Yes because nothing is gonna happen. Keep believing this hoax if ya want buddy.

If they strip him of the Oscar and name the runner up the winner, then I will believe the Academy had nothing to do with it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chris stopped himself from eviscerating Will Smith for being Jada's ****

That would have been even wilder than any little slap

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
BREAKING: The NFL has reviewed the footage of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the 2022 Oscars & suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott for 10 games in the upcoming season!