Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He seemed to think it was funny.........

FO84CMCVEAIjffY

All of you who have wives knew what just happened. All of you have had that moment when your wife looks at you and says, “What you gonna do about it?” It makes you feel like less a man if you don’t get up and do something stupid right then even if it has jail implications. That’s exactly what happened, when the camera moved his wife looked at him and asked him what he was going to do, he had no choice but to go gangster and go slap Rock. LOL

OK, but being serious (not really, all that above is serious too), this was stupid. When I read about it, I thought I was going to find out she had cancer and leukemia, not Propecia. Come on now, that’s a drug commercial every 30 seconds, not a tragic matter, and it only makes Will Smith look like a typical celebrity dbag assuming that Chris Rock even knows what his wife is going through. I know that all these celebrities want to reveal everything about their lives, but you can’t assume that everyone cares.

What scares me the most though is that while Will Smith had enough control to just do a slap, someone’s going to take it the wrong way. We already have enough comedians that have to watch out for the ridiculous cancel culture and what they Facebooked as a joke 10 years ago. Now I guess they have to watch out for that random person who gets offended and wants to assault them on the stage. It’s part of the act, chill out and enjoy it, if you can’t take it, just leave.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what is worse...that people are arguing about this being real or fake like they have a stake in it either way

or

that Will Smith did not punch him or at the very least do a back handed slap to make it worse.

shabazz

Reaction score
Now that the precedent has been set that many people say the assault was justified, the next time I go to a comedy club, if the comedian insults me or my family I’m laying him out just on GP.

Hardline

Reaction score
It was definitely real. The Australian version aired uncensored and has been posted online. Smith was fuming and tearing up he was so upset.
I seen the Australian version. It showed the exact opposite.
People that think that was real think wrestling is real.
When the ratings tank. there has to be something to talk about.

Hardline

Reaction score
You’re probably one of those who doesn’t believe the moonwalk was real. lol
I absolutely believe the moonwalk was real. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
People that think that slap was real are conspiracy theorist.
If someone slapped me like that for real on stage or not, fist would be flying.

Hardline

Reaction score
When Sean Penn's statement that he will melt his Oscar if the president of Ukraine doesn't get to speak doesn't achieve it's desired results just stage a slap to Chris Rock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

That slap was real!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Or Chris is more professional...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL so the academy knows the police have, at the very least, taken notice of this....and they have yet to notify that it was just staged? That's what the "It was fake!" folks are going with? They are now reviewing the situation themselves.

Look I can MAYBE buy that only Smith and Rock were in on it. But claiming that this is for ratings is just BS. This is not what the Oscars have been about the past few years, it goes completely against the image that they've been trying to put out there.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Professionalism goes out the window if I'm assaulted.

He's a stand up comedian and has been doing it for decades - they learn how to handle this stuff, dude. Also Will smacked him and then began walking away and Chris went right back into his routine.

J817

Reaction score

Right and that’s why your not hosting awards shows.

The backlash Smith is getting right now, I can’t understand how someone would think this was fake. Or beneficial to anyone involved. Even the way Smith slapped Rock was demeaning to Smith.

But I bet you think Bigfoot could be real.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You said if someone slapped you for real fists would be flying. Would you allow someone to crack a joke about your wife in front of millions of people who’s suffering from an illness and not retaliate?