Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If everybody who was offended by Chris Rock slapped him, there would be no Chris Rock. The entire episode looked very suspicious.

J817

Reaction score
You said if someone slapped you fists would be flying. Would you allow someone to crack a joke about your wife in front of millions of people who is suffering from an illness and not retaliate?

I would backstage, out of the public eye. I would avoid assaulting someone publicly about it (especially if I was Smith).

Because look what’s happened. There are allot more people aware of Jada and Will’s embarrassing personal matters now than there was before that slap. Now he just shed more light to it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would backstage, out of the public eye. I would avoid assaulting someone publicly about it (especially if I was Smith).

Because look what’s happened. There are allot more people aware of Jada and Will’s embarrassing personal matters now than there was before that slap. Now he just shed more light to it.

I agree he should have gone after him backstage. He got caught up in the heat of the moment and his anger got the best of him.

J817

Reaction score
I agree he should have gone after him backstage. He got caught up in the heat of the moment and his anger got the best of him.

I personally think it was a call for help. I’m sure he feels trapped in whatever kind of relationship he and Jada have. Reading all the rumors over the years, I don’t know why they are still together. I’m sure there are other things going on in the marriage we are not aware of. Maybe Jada go something on him idk.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I personally think it was a call for help. I’m sure he feels trapped in whatever kind of relationship he and Jada have. Reading all the rumors over the years, I don’t know why they are still together. I’m sure there are other things going on in the marriage we are not aware of. Maybe Jada go something on him idk.

Will Smith has some anger issues. I posted a video in this thread where he slapped a reporter for trying to kiss him. He may end up slapping the wrong person one of these days and eat someone’s fist.

Haimerej

Reaction score
All of you who have wives knew what just happened. All of you have had that moment when your wife looks at you and says, “What you gonna do about it?” It makes you feel like less a man if you don’t get up and do something stupid right then even if it has jail implications. That’s exactly what happened, when the camera moved his wife looked at him and asked him what he was going to do, he had no choice but to go gangster and go slap Rock. LOL

Sounds like you need to check your woman.

J817

Reaction score
Will Smith has some anger issues. I posted a video in this thread where he slapped a reporter for trying to kiss him. He may end up slapping the wrong person one of these days and eat someone’s fist.

I’m aware of the video. That slap was warranted. I don't have angry issues but I would hit (not slap) a random man who tries to kiss me. That’s ridiculous

Though If it is an unattractive woman I would gracefully push her away and say no thanks, but a man gets hit.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m aware of the video. That slap was warranted. I don't have angry issues but I would hit (not slap) a random man who tries to kiss me. That’s ridiculous

Though If it is an unattractive woman I would gracefully push her away and say no thanks, but a man gets hit.

If you’re going hit someone punch them. I’m sure his intent was not to injure because people have died from punches. It’s usually not the punch it’s their head hitting the ground that does the damage but it doesn’t look good watching a man slap another man. Women slap.

Hardline

Reaction score
Right and that’s why your not hosting awards shows.

The backlash Smith is getting right now, I can’t understand how someone would think this was fake. Or beneficial to anyone involved. Even the way Smith slapped Rock was demeaning to Smith.

But I bet you think Bigfoot could be real.
It's funny. Everyone that believes this slap was real keep mentioning conspiracy theories.

Hardline

Reaction score
You said if someone slapped you for real fists would be flying. Would you allow someone to crack a joke about your wife in front of millions of people who’s suffering from an illness and not retaliate?
Shout out to Will Smith for defending August Alsina’s girl.

J817

Reaction score
If you’re going hit someone punch them. I’m sure his intent was not to injure because people have died from punches. It’s usually not the punch it’s their head hitting the ground that does the damage but it doesn’t look good watching a man slap another man. Women slap.

No it doesn’t, and your probably right on the mark. He was in Ali so I assume he was trained at one time. I’m sure if he wanted to he could have laid Chris out

mattjames2010

Reaction score

No, it wasn't. Will Smith has obvious issues, it's what happens when you let out to the world your wife cheated on you with your son's best friend. You don't get over stuff like this. He's been a meme about this for well over 2 years now. His entire "working through his marriage" was televised for the world to see. The dude is down bad.

Chris Rock is a comedian and kept his composure and shows he's in a better state of mind. What adults do is have a discussion - he could have told Rock politely why he felt the joke was inappropriate. You don't sucker slap a man.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared"
film-academy-condemns-will-smith-slap-starts-review-of-oscar_o2XxUIt.jpg

She said "You can't slap Chris Rock because your wife has no hair"
mom-frsh-prince-theme-song.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...will-smith-chris-rock-slap-oscars-1235121256/

On Wednesday evening, the Academy’s Board of Directors will meet to address the situation. The decision comes just hours after the officers of the Academy’s Board of Governors — including president David Rubin and CEO Dawn Hudson — convened Monday for an emergency phone call about the incident.

From Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_of_Motion_Picture_Arts_and_Sciences#Board_of_Governors

Governors

Actors Branch – Laura Dern, Whoopi Goldberg, Rita Wilson
Casting Directors Branch – Kim Taylor-Coleman, David Rubin, Debra Zane
Cinematographers Branch – Paul Cameron, Ellen Kuras, Mandy Walker
Costume Designers Branch – Ruth E. Carter, Eduardo Castro, Isis Mussenden
Directors Branch – Susanne Bier, Ava DuVernay, Steven Spielberg
Documentary Branch – Kate Amend, Jean Tsien, Roger Ross Williams
Executives Branch – Pam Abdy, Donna Gigliotti, David Linde
Film Editors Branch – Dody Dorn, Stephen E. Rivkin, Terilyn A. Shropshire
Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch – Howard Berger, Bill Corso, Linda Flowers
Marketing and Public Relations Branch – Laura Kim, Christina Kounelias, Nancy Utley
Music Branch – Lesley Barber, Charles Bernstein, Laura Karpman
Producers Branch – Mark Johnson, Lynette Howell Taylor, Jennifer Todd
Production Design Branch – Tom Duffield, Jan Pascale, Wynn P. Thomas
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch – Bonnie Arnold, Jon Bloom, Jennifer Yuh Nelson
Sound Branch – Gary C. Bourgeois, Kevin Collier, Teri E. Dorman
Visual Effects Branch – Craig Barron, Rob Bredow, Brooke Breton
Writers Branch – Larry Karaszewski, Howard A. Rodman, Eric Roth
Governors-at-large (nominated by the President and elected by the board) – DeVon Franklin, Rodrigo García, Janet Yang

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they would let the ones that don't win Oscars run up on the stage and slap the presenters, I might watch. Instead, they have to fake joy for the winner.

I think the Oscars should be like The Purge, only slapping. We'd get to find out who really doesn't like each other if they could just roundhouse slap one person.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If they would let the ones that don't win Oscars run up on the stage and slap the presenters, I might watch. Instead, they have to fake joy for the winner.

I think the Oscars should be like The Purge, only slapping. We'd get to find out who really doesn't like each other if they could just roundhouse slap one person.

Ratings have been down lately. You may be on to something.

"I got in one little fight and my mom got scared"
film-academy-condemns-will-smith-slap-starts-review-of-oscar_o2XxUIt.jpg

She said "You can't slap Chris Rock because your wife has no hair"
mom-frsh-prince-theme-song.jpg

Where does a guy already in Bel Air move to now to escape? :D

J817

Reaction score
No, it wasn't. Will Smith has obvious issues, it's what happens when you let out to the world your wife cheated on you with your son's best friend. You don't get over stuff like this. He's been a meme about this for well over 2 years now. His entire "working through his marriage" was televised for the world to see. The dude is down bad.

Chris Rock is a comedian and kept his composure and shows he's in a better state of mind. What adults do is have a discussion - he could have told Rock politely why he felt the joke was inappropriate. You don't sucker slap a man.

Yea, wasn’t speaking of the Oscar slap.

RaZon

Reaction score
Not sure what game is being played there but with super slow mo I am sure that slap barely connected and there was nothing behind it at all. So....????