Will Smith just clocked Chris Rock on live TV

nobody

Reaction score
After seeing it multiple times enlarged, it looks like a fake stage slap. Chris leaned in and started rolling with it before it connected.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After seeing it multiple times enlarged, it looks like a fake stage slap. Chris leaned in and started rolling with it before it connected.

Not sure - I think it was real, but it's Hollywood so you never know. The one thing I did notice was Chris did sorta start to clinch a fist right after the hit, which would typically be a natural reaction after getting hit by someone.

kskboys

Reaction score
What a baby.

We were taught when we were like 5 not to hit people just because we didn't like something they said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith is lucky that wasn’t me. First off, I would have had a better joke about her head like “he loves himself so much he has her shave her head and oil it so he can see his reflection”.

Secondly, I would not have shown the restraint Rock did and would have immediately started biting, kicking and scratching.

shabazz

Reaction score
What a baby.

We were taught when we were like 5 not to hit people just because we didn't like something they said.

It's called "keeping it real" the governing body of the academy will investigate and dismiss it on those grounds I just mentioned

Mark my words.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Will's mom speaks, and also ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams joins the GMA set.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/acade...lenews&utm_medium=inline&utm_source=applenews

“A “formal review” into Will Smith’s Oscar night slap involving Chris Rock is underway, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Monday, as it denounced the “King Richard” star’s behavior.

The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith,” the statement read.

The statement is the AMPAs first official comment since the primetime assault — though it tweeted early Monday morning that it does “not condone violence of any form.”

The group stopped short of noting any specific consequences Smith could face.”

Is it still fake?
They don't condone any violence of any form, but they still allowed Smith to receive his award and give a speech? Weird way not to condone violence.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They don't condone any violence of any form, but they still allowed Smith to receive his award and give a speech? Weird way not to condone violence.
What could they do, have him thrown out by security? They wanted to smoothe things over ASAP, I imagine, and just proceeding with the show as usual was the only way to do that.

Man, I wish Ricky Gervais had been there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s been two days and Will Smith has gotten the worst end of that slap. Public opinion has not been very favorable towards him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s been two days and Will Smith has gotten the worst end of that slap. Public opinion has not been very favorable towards him.
As much as I've always liked Will Smith, he deserves a lot of negative reactions for this. Rock should have been more sensitive to Jada's situation, but Smith definitely handled it poorly.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What could they do, have him thrown out by security? They wanted to smoothe things over ASAP, I imagine, and just proceeding with the show as usual was the only way to do that.

Man, I wish Ricky Gervais had been there.

I'm a big fan of Gervais! :laugh:

triplets_93

Reaction score
Tonight, on the TV show Extra, they said:

"People from Chris Rock's team have said that the report that Chris and Will had smoothed things out, was False."

But how many people have been going on and on based on that False report???? I didn't buy it. It sounded like poo to me from the get go.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As much as I've always liked Will Smith, he deserves a lot of negative reactions for this. Rock should have been more sensitive to Jada's situation, but Smith definitely handled it poorly.

He overreacted and is feeling the backlash. He ended up embarrassing himself. He should have confronted Rock backstage after the show.

shabazz

Reaction score

Proof of Hollywoods hypocrisy and double standard. If you or me did that to a stand up comic at a club, we’d have been thrown out and charges filed with law enforcement.