Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Moore may move on from us and most fans may not care at this point. To think earlier in the season most fans were anointing him a genius and were so fearful of losing him they wanted Jerry to make him the Cowboys next HC. Lol I kept telling everyone to wait and allow the season to play out first before going overboard with him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Cowboys will move on from Moore in thirteen years, after his ten year run as head coach.

foofighters

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
Jerry allowed JG to learn on the job for how many years? KM isn't going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Moore may move on from us and most fans may not care at this point. To think earlier in the season most fans were anointing him a genius and were so fearful of losing him they wanted Jerry to make him the Cowboys next HC. Lol

It's a long season man.. lots of ebb and flow.. But it's always like this in the NFL. If you're not getting better you're getting worse. Moore and Dak have seen challenges thrown at them that they need to solve. I do reject this notion that they can't succeed against "good" defenses. That's nonsense.. the Pats have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.. and Dak had one of his best games of his life against them. Even against AZ, which is a top 5 defense 3 TDs and no picks while completing 63% should not be dismissed. I think it says a lot about where Dak stands that a 3 TD game with a 105.8 passer rating against a top 5 defense is considered a bad game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a chance he's scapegoated, he is the chosen one. They can always fall back on execution vs play calling and Booger has already called out the route runners.

And there is some validity to that execution part of it. Is Moore missing the throws, dropping the passes, missing the blocks or getting the penalties?

This is not a 3rd down offense, it is a 1st down offense and that is where they are struggling.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This question appears to be saying even if Dak is the problem he won't be held accountable.
I don't know how they would hold him accountable with that contract and their apparent desire to keep competition for that position off the team. It is his job and his team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a long season man.. lots of ebb and flow.. But it's always like this in the NFL. If you're not getting better you're getting worse.

That’s life with the Cowboys. It’s been like this for the past 26 years. The good teams get better and build off wins. In December and January the cream starts rising to the top. This is the time of year when you separate the contenders from the pretenders. The Cowboys continue to look like pretenders. They peak early then begin to fade.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that's discouraging.
That's just typical of teams that have designated QB's as franchise QB's, they're locked in just like CLE is with Mayfield through next season because they exercised the 5th year option.

And while we lament our plight in life as Cowboys fans, how about being a Browns, Lions or Jags fan?

Brax

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
It is hard to tell but wasn't Nolan the defensive scape goat after MM had him install the defense MM wanted? Looking at the tea leaves it sounds like KM is getting set up to be the offense fall guy for MM if it falls apart in the playoffs. It's amazing to me that KM has gone from great O mind to he's not good. I don't know what KM is working around with players, but I find it funny MM being touted as an offensive guru just let KM keep the reins but my gut feel is JJ has a big part in it and KM will be staying unless he gets a HC job.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Moore isn’t ready and I dont think he gets a HC offer. JJ will keep Moore because that’s his pattern. IMO the run game is on the line.

foofighters

Reaction score
Things change...still don't believe that? Stick around...
Not with the Cowboys. Same leadership at the top. Same result. Doesn't matter who the coach or QB are. The one consistent brings the same result each time. The cowboys have a long established pattern of mediocrity. It's not changing anytime soon.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Another sacrifice to the cult of Prescott.

visionary

Reaction score

Im going with a conspiracy theory that KM has held back a little knowing we’re going to the playoffs therefore I think (hope) that we will see a way different offense against the Cards

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's just typical of teams that have designated QB's as franchise QB's, they're locked in just like CLE is with Mayfield through next season because they exercised the 5th year option.

And while we lament our plight in life as Cowboys fans, how about being a Browns, Lions or Jags fan?
It’s going to take probably another 25-30 years after the two glory era fans have died off before we become a more dormant fan base like those mentioned. But I agree.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not with the Cowboys. Same leadership at the top. Same result. Doesn't matter who the coach or QB are. The one consistent brings the same result each time. The cowboys have a long established pattern of mediocrity. It's not changing anytime soon.
You can't straight up state that talent has improved quite a bit over a couple of years now?