Will the Cowboys move on from Kellen Moore?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So again ignore the data and revert to "I'm right?" Pollard is trending in the wrong direction no matter how you wanna spin it. I don't think he's 100% so I aint trippin.. I also know he's not likely to get back to 100% until he has a few weeks to stay off that thing. I just hope that foot is heeled up well enough for the playoffs. Would not bother me at all if he sat out Saturday entirely. It's too late to sit Zeke at this point so what we get is what we get..

Yep. I’m going to ignore it all day because it’s for box score people who just listen to Brad Sham and don’t watch the game.

You needing Data to see who gives us a better chance at run productivity is just sad. But Pollard is elite by almost all metrics so whatever.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So again ignore the data and revert to "I'm right?" Pollard is trending in the wrong direction no matter how you wanna spin it. I don't think he's 100% so I aint trippin.. I also know he's not likely to get back to 100% until he has a few weeks to stay off that thing. I just hope that foot is heeled up well enough for the playoffs. Would not bother me at all if he sat out Saturday entirely. It's too late to sit Zeke at this point so what we get is what we get..

I continued on as a Tank Commander with a broken bone in my hand. I even had to push it back together. Point...do what is needed,,,

Havic

Reaction score
Running up the middle with Zeke for 1.8ypc puts us in a major hole right from the start, now combine the third down penalties, it's no wonder the offense sucks. Pollard needs to be starting, I dont care what the contracts are, adjust and make it happen.

conner01

Reaction score
Reminder of Houston and what it did with Bum Phillips and Earl Cambell...
Bum was fired for not reporting a players drug use during the season so a ton different and a firing with cause could void a guarantee in his contract. Also coaches contracts weren’t as big as today
MM has a guaranteed contract and there is nothing I know of that could void that guarantee and I doubt there is one second of thought from Jerry about firing MM or anyone else for that matter

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I continued on as a Tank Commander with a broken bone in my hand. I even had to push it back together. Point...do what is needed,,,

Thank you for your service brother.. but your job was a little more important than a football player.. And if it had been a broken bone in your foot it would have been a little more difficult.. Pollard's job is to run.. It's harder to run with one foot on fire.. Even harder when a knee is stiffening up on you. Both Zeke and Pollard have injuries that are affecting their ability to do their jobs.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
KM wont be fired lol, if anything they will give him a pay increase to keep him from going to another team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bum was fired for not reporting a players drug use during the season so a ton different and a firing with cause could void a guarantee in his contract. Also coaches contracts weren’t as big as today
MM has a guaranteed contract and there is nothing I know of that could void that guarantee and I doubt there is one second of thought from Jerry about firing MM or anyone else for that matter

Not reporting drug use in that entire era...just keep on believing that, and invest in the Brooklyn Bridge and New Jersey coastal property.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
No chance. He has a desk next to Jerry's. McCarthy will be let go to keep Moore.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Thank you for your service brother.. but your job was a little more important than a football player.. And if it had been a broken bone in your foot it would have been a little more difficult.. Pollard's job is to run.. It's harder to run with one foot on fire.. Even harder when a knee is stiffening up on you. Both Zeke and Pollard have injuries that are affecting their ability to do their jobs.

injuries happen , why dont we have players who can step in and perform reasonably, whose fault is that

CCBoy

Reaction score

Thank you, Sir...but my point is being missed. Pride and commitment transcends and is an educator for other citizenship traits.

A professional can't ride the sick call list, and is paid huge amounts to show up on the carpet.

At the Air Force Academy, I was playing linebacker. In a game against Colorado, when they were a National rated team, I received a hyper extended and cracked elbow. I played the game and continued playing that season. After the season was over, I was called into the Doctor's office, put on 6 weeks of rehab, and they put a cast on my arm...

jnday

Reaction score
Hard to tell if he's changed his scheme because of injuries, MM, or just because the league caught up to him and he's not experienced enough to adjust. I blame MM if the league caught up to him, MM should step in, if he hasn't already....Hell, maybe it's MMs fault?
My question for discussion, being that Moore has gotten some HC attention, if our offense doesn't show up in the playoffs, Dak won't be benched, will we move on from KM? Will he be the scapegoat?
At what point does the players become accountable?

Adreme

Reaction score
Probably not. The team's weaknesses on offense are exactly what was expected: the offensive line is dreadful and cannot run block at all. This means teams can either blitz without fear or play 2 deep safety and either way ignore the run entirely. Despite all of that the offense has still been productive, but they certainly need to reinvest in the offensive line in the draft next year in a big big way.

CCBoy

Reaction score
At what point does the players become accountable?
I'm not a fan of a growing list of excuses where a player just doesn't have to produce. Maybe put them back on a per hour pay scale and much closer to minimum wages instead of equal to a CEO/President...

Play football!

Majic

Reaction score
I don’t know if all will be back but none will be fired
No owner is firing the OC with the number 1 offense
No owner is firing the head coach two years in unless there is a major reason because he has a guaranteed contract
And no owner is firing a DC who’s improved a defense this much
One may get hired away but none will or should be fired
I agree none will be hired and as a result none will be fired

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Probably not. The team's weaknesses on offense are exactly what was expected: the offensive line is dreadful and cannot run block at all. This means teams can either blitz without fear or play 2 deep safety and either way ignore the run entirely. Despite all of that the offense has still been productive, but they certainly need to reinvest in the offensive line in the draft next year in a big big way.

This tells me we have more than our share of great players.. But we already knew that.. We KNOW Lamb, Coop and Gallup are good to great receivers.. we know Zeke and Pollard are a great RB tandem.. and we know Dak is a good to great QB. The problem we see is that when the other team brings good to great players to the party our scheme doesn't help our guys succeed.. As you cited the run blocking has been dreadful and the pass blocking has not been much better. I don't care what some website says about our line and its grades. When I watch the games I see crap blocking.. I see free runners in the QB's face on more than half our pass plays and I see at least one unblocked guy in on 90% of our run plays.. If we have 3 linemen grading out in the 90's and we're still not getting every guy blocked on over half our plays then that's on scheme plain and simple. That's not getting fixed through the draft.. unless they're holding a draft for offensive line coaches and OCs.

CoachD

Reaction score
The question should be will he move on from them???

CoachD

Reaction score
I stopped reading after your first sentence, I have zero respect for crap like that....people that think they are better than others because they can point out a misspelled word and feel so good about it, aren't worth my time!
Lighten up Francis!