Will The Yankees and Mets Win More Than 80 Games This Year?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jays and Yankees tied atop the AL East. It's coming down to the wire.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I think you are going to get your wish. Now what do you do when the Cowboys play at the same time as the Yankees. Yankees? Cowboys? flip a coin.

I only had that dilema once. Packers were playing Denver and Mets were playing Braves in the NLCS. Both Mets and Packers lost. tough day. I kept switching back and forth but ended watching mostly the Mets. Great game except for the final.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think you are going to get your wish. Now what do you do when the Cowboys play at the same time as the Yankees. Yankees? Cowboys? flip a coin.

I only had that dilema once. Packers were playing Denver and Mets were playing Braves in the NLCS. Both Mets and Packers lost. tough day. I kept switching back and forth but ended watching mostly the Mets. Great game except for the final.

My friend.... As a fan.... the 90s were vetty vetty good to me...

Cowboys 1992, 1993 & 1995
Yankees 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000

But hey... Two TVs will solve that problem :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

DVR is my friend!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
DVR is my friend!

i hate watching sports like that. A DVR Tv show or movie is fine. Cant watch a sports event on DVR that has already been decided. Dont mind going back and rewatching but part of watching it while it happens allows you to curse the TV or team when they are screwing up. Cant do that unless it is real time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i hate watching sports like that. A DVR Tv show or movie is fine. Cant watch a sports event on DVR that has already been decided. Dont mind going back and rewatching but part of watching it while it happens allows you to curse the TV or team when they are screwing up. Cant do that unless it is real time.

I actually like it better. I hate watching commercials.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
had teh yankee and astro game on today while working. Yankees look old and tired. They may limp to the finish line but they really dont look like a good team right now. Carlos Gomez had a few theatrics going on today. Astros are tough....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
had teh yankee and astro game on today while working. Yankees look old and tired. They may limp to the finish line but they really dont look like a good team right now. Carlos Gomez had a few theatrics going on today. Astros are tough....

Yeah, the Yankees do look old at this point. They better turn it around soon.

If the Astros get a wee bit of consistent hitting they could go very far.

Pitching and defense are not the problem. They have an arsenal of arms to put out there and a very flexible roster.

The trick for them is keep Chris Carter on the bench and getting George Springer back.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Typical met fan.
A few weeks ago calling Toronto a train blowing by... Then they took a dive....

It's ebb and flow...

Yeah, the Yankees do look old at this point. They better turn it around soon.

If the Astros get a wee bit of consistent hitting they could go very far.

Pitching and defense are not the problem. They have an arsenal of arms to put out there and a very flexible roster.

The trick for them is keep Chris Carter on the bench and getting George Springer back.

It wasn't long ago that they scored 90 runs in 10 games..... Relax....

It's how you finish!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
if it is how you finish the Yankees better get on their horse because right now they look like they are done. Maybe they could invest in Russell Wilsons majic water. Between the Jays and Yankees, the Jays look like the ones that are going to finish strong while the Yankees look to be hanging on. I know that look well after watching the Mets in 2007-2008.

Yankees may eek out the wild card only by the incompetent teams behind them but Jays are winning the East.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
if it is how you finish the Yankees better get on their horse because right now they look like they are done. Maybe they could invest in Russell Wilsons majic water. Between the Jays and Yankees, the Jays look like the ones that are going to finish strong while the Yankees look to be hanging on. I know that look well after watching the Mets in 2007-2008.

Yankees may eek out the wild card only by the incompetent teams behind them but Jays are winning the East.

The blue jays have had to go on a Bunch of winning streaks just to hang with the Yankees.

Let's be realistic now.

Yanks will win the east.

The mets will prob lose division.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The blue jays have had to go on a Bunch of winning streaks just to hang with the Yankees.

Let's be realistic now.

Yanks will win the east.

The mets will prob lose division.

LOL-Yea, no part of that quote is realistic. More like wishful thinking on your part.