Will The Yankees and Mets Win More Than 80 Games This Year?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LOL-Yea, no part of that quote is realistic. More like wishful thinking on your part.

Yanks will win the east.

No panic like met fans ALL season long.

Just look at history.
Mets fall. Yankees win east, more realistic than you think.

The Nats will go on a run, mets will lose 4 straight and you will be in here with your Debbie downer routine.... You'll see. Lmao

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Love the Mets-they just frustrate me. As far as the Wilpons go, they can still hit the road. The Mets could win the world series, set attendance records in Citi-Field, set income records this year and the Wilposn will come out in November saying they are cutting payroll again.

never asked them to act like the Yankees or Dodges with their 300 million payroll, but dont like them competing with Tampa as having the lowest.

I dont think the mets are going to lose again this year. So looks like that 90 wins is looking good. already at 71 for the season with a mnth to go.

Go Mets...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Mets got this! It feels like 1986 all over again. There is something special brewing in NY and it isn't the Skankees :)

Pitching wins and the Mets have it. Now, the offense woke up and that is a dangerous combo.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Love the Mets-they just frustrate me. As far as the Wilpons go, they can still hit the road. The Mets could win the world series, set attendance records in Citi-Field, set income records this year and the Wilposn will come out in November saying they are cutting payroll again.

never asked them to act like the Yankees or Dodges with their 300 million payroll, but dont like them competing with Tampa as having the lowest.

I dont think the mets are going to lose again this year. So looks like that 90 wins is looking good. already at 71 for the season with a mnth to go.

Go Mets...

The Mets got this! It feels like 1986 all over again. There is something special brewing in NY and it isn't the Skankees :)

Pitching wins and the Mets have it. Now, the offense woke up and that is a dangerous combo.

Ok. Ok.... Good luck to you guys and your mets.

With all of our success for the last 20 years.... I can throw you a good luck bone. Lol

Stil.....we'll see....

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ok. Ok.... Good luck to you guys and your mets.

With all of our success for the last 20 years.... I can throw you a good luck bone. Lol

Stil.....we'll see....

aw you have been predicting gloom for us all year. You said after the all star break the team would crash and burn. How did that work out for you? While I have to say I kind of expected that scenario to be likely it just goes to show that just because it happened before does not mean it will happen again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
aw you have been predicting gloom for us all year. You said after the all star break the team would crash and burn. How did that work out for you? While I have to say I kind of expected that scenario to be likely it just goes to show that just because it happened before does not mean it will happen again.

To be fair, you have done a good bit of predicting doom for the Mets all year as well. I don't blame you, it's usually a good prediction but maybe not this year. Maybe this year, the Mets have some success.

At this point, I think both NY teams could go either way and it wouldn't shock me a bit.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I give Mets all the props in the world.

And when it comes the post season as we've seen time and time again, it's pitching that wins the day and as for the entire season my confidence in the Yankee starters is zip.

St. Lou, the Mets, the Astros... all are more likely to make noise in the post-season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

If we are being honest. I said the mets would dive after all star break. The the rest of the time I was talking you off the cliff about your own team. Lol.... If we are being honest ...

I did say the mets, if they got into playoffs, would be the team that no other team would want to face in the playoffs. For sure in a 5 game series.

The mets better hope they don't see the pirates or... What's the other team they lost just about every game to this season?

To be fair, you have done a good bit of predicting doom for the Mets all year as well. I don't blame you, it's usually a good prediction but maybe not this year. Maybe this year, the Mets have some success.

It's usually a good prediction. Lol
Yeah, since 1986.

At this point, I think both NY teams could go either way and it wouldn't shock me a bit.

True. Yankee are playing with house money. I think they really try and cash in this year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just dont get this? I mean, you feel how you feel which is fine but....

The mets pitchers have had clunker games, jays pitchers too... The yanks are no different.

It's the starters I was referring to, and didn't mention the Jays, but their starters have been decent.

The Mets starters are averaging almost a full run per game better than the Yankees' starters. Yeah, you have to discount some of that due tot he DH, but still the difference is large.

And then you have St. Louis, who's starters are averaging almost a full run and a half better than the Yankee starters... that's stunning.

Houston, which has a bullpen the equal of the Yankees, is averaging a 1/2 a run better by their starters.

Hitting and bullpen... the Yankees are right there. And even defensively, they aren't bad. But those starters leave a lot to be desired.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Mets bullpen is their Achilles Heel. Can't wait for the rosters to expand so a couple of the starters can go into long relief.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The Mets have to get the 7th inning relief fixed. Starters are awesome, and 8TH and 9th innings are better than solid. 7th inning is Achilles heel. Mejia selfishness hurts and Blevins breaking arm twice hurt. Got to get 7th relief fixed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
11951774_870432889718957_3078225099955435863_n.png

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's the starters I was referring to, and didn't mention the Jays, but their starters have been decent.

The Mets starters are averaging almost a full run per game better than the Yankees' starters. Yeah, you have to discount some of that due tot he DH, but still the difference is large.

And then you have St. Louis, who's starters are averaging almost a full run and a half better than the Yankee starters... that's stunning.

Houston, which has a bullpen the equal of the Yankees, is averaging a 1/2 a run better by their starters.

Hitting and bullpen... the Yankees are right there. And even defensively, they aren't bad. But those starters leave a lot to be desired.

I was referring to our starters too. Let's see.

Yuk! Lol