Will The Yankees and Mets Win More Than 80 Games This Year?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's the starters I was referring to, and didn't mention the Jays, but their starters have been decent.

The Mets starters are averaging almost a full run per game better than the Yankees' starters. Yeah, you have to discount some of that due tot he DH, but still the difference is large.

And then you have St. Louis, who's starters are averaging almost a full run and a half better than the Yankee starters... that's stunning.

Houston, which has a bullpen the equal of the Yankees, is averaging a 1/2 a run better by their starters.

Hitting and bullpen... the Yankees are right there. And even defensively, they aren't bad. But those starters leave a lot to be desired.

Pineda was great again last night.

Tanaka has given up 3 runs or less I his last 9 starts.

Shunpike

Reaction score
I guess it is safe to say both Yankees and Mets will make it to the playoffs. Here is to another Subway Series.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Scott Boras is screaming at the Mets to shut Harvey down. Not sure how I feel about that. If Jeff wilpon demanded Pedro to throw when he was hurt you know he would do the same with Harvey. If we knew for certain Harvey would be affected by going over the limits then I would want him shut down. I don't get the innings limit. I would the number of pitches would be a better stat to look at. I lean toward boras tho. Even tho he will stick it to the Mets in regard to Harvey's contract as soon as he can.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am torn on this, can't stand Boras but he(and docs) have a point. They do need to look at pitch count, not innings.

Now, I fully believe that Harvey is going to leave once he is a FA, I have little doubt. So, part of me says use him for the long awaited post-season run!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jays and Orioles today. Come on Baltimore, show up for once! You can do it!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am torn on this, can't stand Boras but he(and docs) have a point. They do need to look at pitch count, not innings.

Now, I fully believe that Harvey is going to leave once he is a FA, I have little doubt. So, part of me says use him for the long awaited post-season run!

He plays for the mets. If they tell him to pitch. He should pitch.

Now, about Pedro I do to believe that story. Pedro doesn't do what he doesn't want to do.

Jays and Orioles today. Come on Baltimore, show up for once! You can do it!

Thank you Baltimore and @WPBCowboysFan

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Shout outs to:

Mets - they overcame the "after all star game dive. They overcame an anemic offense. A and A+

Call him old, call him fat but Bartolo should be unofficial MVP of that team.

Yankees - they bypassed over achieving and went straight to contender. They are battling in a division where the blood is in the water. A

Toronto - amazing ride. I think they come up short though. 7 games with them should decide the east.

Honorable mention: Rangers, Astros.

No shout outs to:

Baltimore - way to represent AL east from last year. D-

Mets- they get a "no shout out" too. If it wasn't for the dead Washington team they might be in trouble. But it is what it is. Kudos.

In New York, I give the edge to the Yankees. Their starting pitching is just as good as any even the mets. Their bullpen is solid. Miller and betances make you sweat but get it done, ultimately.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Niese absolutely sucks. He pitches good when there is no pressure to win but as soon as he is called upon for a big game.......he folds every single time.

I can't wait until he is gone and I felt that way about Gee.

The Mets will implode, I can see it coming...............

Pitching is falling apart(minus Fat Colon), no BP and hitting is a hit or miss.....no consistency.

Have a bad feeling the lead is down to one game by Wed night :(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Niese absolutely sucks. He pitches good when there is no pressure to win but as soon as he is called upon for a big game.......he folds every single time.

I can't wait until he is gone and I felt that way about Gee.

The Mets will implode, I can see it coming...............

Pitching is falling apart(minus Fat Colon), no BP and hitting is a hit or miss.....no consistency.

Have a bad feeling the lead is down to one game by Wed night :(

This is the Mets chance to put some distance between themselves and the Nationals.

Keifer

Reaction score
Shout outs to:

Mets - they overcame the "after all star game dive. They overcame an anemic offense. A and A+

Call him old, call him fat but Bartolo should be unofficial MVP of that team.

Yankees - they bypassed over achieving and went straight to contender. They are battling in a division where the blood is in the water. A

Toronto - amazing ride. I think they come up short though. 7 games with them should decide the east.

Honorable mention: Rangers, Astros.

No shout outs to:

Baltimore - way to represent AL east from last year. D-

Mets- they get a "no shout out" too. If it wasn't for the dead Washington team they might be in trouble. But it is what it is. Kudos.

In New York, I give the edge to the Yankees. Their starting pitching is just as good as any even the mets. Their bullpen is solid. Miller and betances make you sweat but get it done, ultimately.

You forgot the Royals. From perennial bottom dweller to World Series appearance and a 12 game lead in the Central in September. The pitching is a little shaky (especially Cueto lately) and they don't hit the long ball like some teams but they have figured out a formula to win.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot the Royals. From perennial bottom dweller to World Series appearance and a 12 game lead in the Central in September. The pitching is a little shaky (especially Cueto lately) and they don't hit the long ball like some teams but they have figured out a formula to win.

You certainly have a mix of teams in the AL who are winning using different methods.