Win Loss records over the last 10 years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, the pathetic drivel is coming from our own fans that think they know anything about football, let alone running an NFL team.

You are a cow, nothing more. Just because you are clueless, doesnt mean others arent. You might want to try listening instead of talking.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Every other team in the top 10 of that list has reached the Super Bowl in that time frame. Only us and the Falcons haven't won a super bowl.

I think this is proof we've mastered average and with some luck, a playoff birth and quick exit is the peak for this group.
Some luck would have been Crosby missing one of those field goals. Two of them started to break them suddenly stopped and went straight. That was unlucky.

He misses either and it’s a different story.

Help be remember the lucky break we’ve received so I can at least see when luck has been on our side.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Some luck would have been Crosby missing one of those field goals. Two of them started to break them suddenly stopped and went straight. That was unlucky.

He misses either and it’s a different story.

Help be remember the lucky break we’ve received so I can at least see when luck has been on our side.

Hershal Walker :D

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We're actually 10th. That article is more than a year old.

1 Patriots 123-37
2 Steelers 106-54
3 Packers 100-59-1
4 Saints 95-65
5 Falcons 95-65
6 Ravens 94-66
7 Broncos 92-68
8 Colts 91-69
9 Eagles 89-70-1
10 Cowboys 88-72

And that's good enough to keep Garrett from being fired, even though other numbers I posted in another thread about Super Bowl-winning coaches say he should be.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Oh goody. We aren't the absolute worst so lets celebrate!! Give me a break. Go look at how the landscape has changed in football since Dallas last appeared in their Super Bowl over 20 years ago. Bob Sturm had a great breakdown on it and its amazing and sad at the same time on how much Dallas has been lapped. You have teams who went to the Super Bowl with 2 different cores of players while Dallas still can't complete the process even once. It's pathetic. Even the freaking Cardinals have been to 2 NFC title games and a Super Bowl. All with different head coaches, QB and pretty much a different core. Just think about that. Panthers have now did it twice over.

We are just one of the 3 teams in the last 20 years in the NFC to not reach the NFC title game. Skins and Lions are the other. We all have one thing in common. Incompetent front offices who make terrible decisions.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I know Idgit, how dare Cowboy fans use playoffs instead of regular season victories as a measuring stick.

We went 9-7 last year dam it !!!!:yourock:

Where is the appreciation for what Garrett is building here?

Bunch of ingrate fans that don't appreciate being "generally competitive".:angry:
Winning that meaningless game last year really helped us in our regular season standings. So did that meaningless win against the Deadskins a few years ago. Anything to give hope to the homers. Go Cowboys. lol

Carter

Reaction score
Regular Season wins are as unimportant as it gets when u dont reach the Playoffs and start a Deep Run.

Cowboys didnt make a NFC Championship Game since 1995. Thats what matters. Forget the rest.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
You are a cow, nothing more. Just because you are clueless, doesnt mean others arent. You might want to try listening instead of talking.
Sure COWboyroy.

And no, listening to most of this nonsense just gives me a headache.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Oh goody. We aren't the absolute worst so lets celebrate!! Give me a break. Go look at how the landscape has changed in football since Dallas last appeared in their Super Bowl over 20 years ago. Bob Sturm had a great breakdown on it and its amazing and sad at the same time on how much Dallas has been lapped. You have teams who went to the Super Bowl with 2 different cores of players while Dallas still can't complete the process even once. It's pathetic. Even the freaking Cardinals have been to 2 NFC title games and a Super Bowl. All with different head coaches, QB and pretty much a different core. Just think about that. Panthers have now did it twice over.

We are just one of the 3 teams in the last 20 years in the NFC to not reach the NFC title game. Skins and Lions are the other. We all have one thing in common. Incompetent front offices who make terrible decisions.

I was looking at the last 10 years. No Jerry doesn't get a pass for how things went down with Aikman leaving. But even Parcells got a Quincy Carter lead team to the playoffs.

This was more to look at the influence of Stephen and how his approach to things has changed.

I do think Garrett should go. I think this was Jerry's attempt at getting HIS Tom Landry. But Garrett is simply not up to the task. But to say the overall talent of this team is not and has not been getting better is simply wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure COWboyroy.

And no, listening to most of this nonsense just gives me a headache.

So what is it about all this that is nonsense? People complain about the way the Cowboys manage the cap and FA. Is that nonsense? Are you a fan of the way they manage it?

Garrett as head coach are you impressed? Jones as GM are you impressed? Our success as a franchise since the 90's are you impressed? How about the way they have been unable to successfully revamp a great defense? Impressed?

Sorry buddy, but if you are satisfied with the goings on of this franchise, then you are selling yourself short. And no 9-7 isnt good enough when you have the talent to be 12-4 or better with playoff success.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you Tony Romo.

We would have been bottom 20 without him all those years.
It is a funny thing. It is highly probable Dallas would have enjoyed better regular season and postseason success if teammates and coaches had collectively played and coached as well as Romo performed overall during his career. Even so, a contingent of observers (not including you necessarily) remain adamant in their belief the team underachieved during his career because of Romo.

haha. not.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
So what is it about all this that is nonsense? People complain about the way the Cowboys manage the cap and FA. Is that nonsense? Are you a fan of the way they manage it?

Garrett as head coach are you impressed? Jones as GM are you impressed? Our success as a franchise since the 90's are you impressed? How about the way they have been unable to successfully revamp a great defense? Impressed?

Sorry buddy, but if you are satisfied with the goings on of this franchise, then you are selling yourself short. And no 9-7 isnt good enough when you have the talent to be 12-4 or better with playoff success.

Managing the cap and an entire NFL team is much more complicated than just looking down to the end of your nose.

The 90s were largely non capped teams.

And would I like to see more playoffs wins? Absolutely. But to say this front office isn't doing a pretty good job of getting players in here over the last 10 years, is simply uninformed. I do have issues with how that talent is being used and coached. But I think most fans feel that way as well. Just trying to get the finger pointed at the right target here.

Sydla

Reaction score
Managing the cap and an entire NFL team is much more complicated than just looking down to the end of your nose.

The 90s were largely non capped teams.

And would I like to see more playoffs wins? Absolutely. But to say this front office isn't doing a pretty good job of getting players in here over the last 10 years, is simply uninformed. I do have issues with how that talent is being used and coached. But I think most fans feel that way as well. Just trying to get the finger pointed at the right target here.

I think you overrate their player personnel skills. They are not very good in FA, for example, especially recently (say last 4-5 years). And their drafts have been good at times, poor at others.

They aren't the worst front office in football but, at best, they are middle of the pack and that's largely because of Jerry and Stephen.

I agree with you on Garrett but then, for example, look at that Eagles team that just won the SB. For all the talk about how good Jerry and the front office are about getting talent, that Eagles team is a more talented group. So frankly, Jerry hasn't built a SB caliber roster that's just being let down by a poor head coach. This franchise has talent and coaching issues........... and that's all on the front office.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This is silly. How many of those teams had a franchise QB, All-Pro TE and pass rusher all in their prime during that 10 year span? We had all that and only mustered 1 playoff appearance in 2009 and just 2 overall with Romo.

They could barely even make the playoffs! They've had 8-win talent as the floor for the last 10 years but they could never do anything with it. Embarrassing

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I think you overrate their player personnel skills. They are not very good in FA, for example, especially recently (say last 4-5 years). And their drafts have been good at times, poor at others.

They aren't the worst front office in football but, at best, they are middle of the pack and that's largely because of Jerry and Stephen.

I agree with you on Garrett but then, for example, look at that Eagles team that just won the SB. For all the talk about how good Jerry and the front office are about getting talent, that Eagles team is a more talented group. So frankly, Jerry hasn't built a SB caliber roster that's just being let down by a poor head coach. This franchise has talent and coaching issues........... and that's all on the front office.

You're going to miss more often than not, usually, when you are signing lower tiered FAs. The guys they signed were to be stop gap players.

Thornton was a bust. Paea just quite on the team.

Carroll had the one bad game and was basically cut because we had young talent we got through the draft. But he was signed before the draft. You have to consider that as well when these FAs are signed. You don't know what you will get in the draft. And if you draft well, you can replace some of the guys you picked up as stop gap.

Irving is solid. We just resigned Price, who has potential. Mayowa wasn't awful. He had a few good games. Even a couple of the DTs that played last year showed a little something.

Alfred Morris, Jaylons brother, Carr, Cooper played ok.

I'd say the are above "middle of the pack". You have to consider the draft as well. The draft being by far the most important piece. And they have been very successful there over the last 5 years.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I doubt it would change much but this is a year old.

1 year makes a pretty big difference. Current rank is:

1) Patriots 123-37
2) Steelers 106-54
3) Packers 100-59-1
4) Saints 95-65
5) Falcons 95-65
6) Ravens 94-66
7) Broncos 92-68
8) Colts 91-69
9) Eagles 89-70-1
10) Seahawks 88-71-1
11) Cowboys 88-72
t-12) Panthers 86-73-1
t-12) Cardinals 86-73-1
14) Vikings 85-74-1
15) Bengals 83-74-3
t-16) Giants 81-79
t-16) Chargers 81-79

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It's funny, we used to measure ourselves by Super Bowls, but mediocrity has us screaming "at least we're not the ____________" from the mountain tops... my how the mighty have fallen.
Actually we used to measure ourselves by making the playoffs every year in a much smaller league.
Then we won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years after being really, really bad for a few seasons.
The issue is fans that feel entitled to Super Bowls in a 32 team league and can't appreciate being a top 10 team over a decade long period.

Perhaps you'd be better off switching teams every year to follow the hot one that season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
1 year makes a pretty big difference. Current rank is:

1) Patriots 123-37
2) Steelers 106-54
3) Packers 100-59-1
4) Saints 95-65
5) Falcons 95-65
6) Ravens 94-66
7) Broncos 92-68
8) Colts 91-69
9) Eagles 89-70-1
10) Seahawks 88-71-1
11) Cowboys 88-72
t-12) Panthers 86-73-1
t-12) Cardinals 86-73-1
14) Vikings 85-74-1
15) Bengals 83-74-3
t-16) Giants 81-79
t-16) Chargers 81-79

Great. Now we're going to get bombarded with more excuses and invalid reasoning.

Section446

Reaction score
Actually we used to measure ourselves by making the playoffs every year in a much smaller league.
Then we won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years after being really, really bad for a few seasons.
The issue is fans that feel entitled to Super Bowls in a 32 team league and can't appreciate being a top 10 team over a decade long period.

Perhaps you'd be better off switching teams every year to follow the hot one that season.
Satisfaction with mediocrity is spreading.