Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d rather be terrible than mediocre.

Especially with the QB talent right now coming up in college..

Oh well.. Too late for that.
All we can do is root for what we have . When that changes then we can root for that.

No reason we can’t make a trade and draft one of those QB’s and groom for heir apparent.

But this dysfunctional ownership won’t .

Wangchung83

Reaction score
You forgot to mention they have the best defense in the NFL who have been off to one of the best starts ever...
Oh but AC the biggest homer of them all doesn’t realize with the QB making what he is, the team can’t invest in the defense and get what matters. you 60 million dollar QB needs to run for first downs, elevate the players around him, and get skills he doesn’t have. For 60 million a year, I expect TDs every possession and definitely don’t expect lost plays do to avoidable sacks, inability to extend plays bc you’re too slow

GMO415

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
With him we haven't had a chance. How many NFC Championship games has he played in again?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh but AC the biggest homer of them all doesn’t realize with the QB making what he is, the team can’t invest in the defense and get what matters. you 60 million dollar QB needs to run for first downs, elevate the players around him, and get skills he doesn’t have. For 60 million a year, I expect TDs every possession and definitely don’t expect lost plays do to avoidable sacks, inability to extend plays bc you’re too slow
There are other teams which have Market Price QB’s and can build top defenses.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What? man again Dak throwing high doesnt obsolve the GM from building a crap team..either you get that or you dont...28 years man show me how thats on Dak...

CWR

Reaction score
What you are missing is that Darnold went to a team with who could be the best coach in the NFL. It is not ironic that young QB's struggle their first couple of years, and if put in the right situation with the right coaching, they can resume their careers. Baker, Sam are just a couple of examples. Throwing Young out too early may mess that kid up for good, and the coach they brought in to groom him has given up on him already. Penix will/should sit this year, and JJ would have likely sat all year as well
I'm not lost on coaching. We need better. My point was you can't expect Darnold to be the norm, because he isn't. If you have a staff you are that confident in then I'd absolutely applaud such a move. We don't have that, so I don't see the point.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I'm not lost on coaching. We need better. My point was you can't expect Darnold to be the norm, because he isn't. If you have a staff you are that confident in then I'd absolutely applaud such a move. We don't have that, so I don't see the point.
hence why our future is hopeless...changes up and down have been needed for years and only the fans know and care

Reactions: CWR

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
WITH Prescott they don't have a chance.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everything Jerry does is to not be terrible. His formula is to stay "relevant." It's not about taking risks it's about avoiding losing seasons.
Right. He can hype and promote 9-8 playoff caliber team. 5-12 is tough for him to market.

Even if it means a better shot at rebuilding cause he knows how tough that it with his dysfunctional leadership.

Much easier for him to remain relevant. And easier to sell and provide some hope .

If it comes up short he stays out in front with Damage Control attempting to control or set the narrative and providing scapegoats if needed. Anything but changing his stranglehold over football operations .

jay94

Reaction score
None. But neither has many Market Price QB’s.

If you’re in the playoffs , you have a chance.

Lets get past the divisional round then. I firmly believe this team goes further in 16 with Romo leading the way as well, but here we are.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I've been saying THIS SAME THING, G, for the past 3 seasons. Yet, I've been blasted big time repeatedly for being correct.

:banghead:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that I am still in this thread, and there are people who still think that the cowboys can't pay anyone because they are paying Dak 60 million despite hearing and reading multiple times that the cowboys have the 4th most cap space of any team in the league and could sign whoever they want, is concerning. People are legitmately ********.

To anyone reading- the reason people are pissed at the Joneses for not signing anyone is because we could have easily signed anyone we wanted. So Dak's contract makes no difference on the players they could have signed. Also, anyone who has ever watched football knows that the Salary Cap is easily manipulated- see what the eagles have done for years. Even if you have no space, you can STILL sign whoever you want.

So stop with the they can't sign anyone because they paid Dak.

mfiggs18

Reaction score
Considering we can't run the ball or play any defense I'm inclined to agree with you. Only thing this team does well is the kicking game. He has to step his game up this is a bad football team.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yeah, who else out there could have gotten us to 1-2? Who???