Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

leeblair

Reaction score
Well, relative and interesting keeps this team afloat and the revenue coming in.

Cowboys don’t need to be great again to hype and promote their iconic label.
Their label isn't iconic anymore.
Jerry milked that cow dry.
Fans are walking away, and it's going to get worse.
Most real long time fans are embarrassed by whats going on in Dallas now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know I've been looking for the Dak Davidians and I couldn't find on almost any other thread...but this one.

Dogs love licking their wounds ...lol...

Clean up on aisle #4! Clean up on aisle #4!
No argument to offer to the OP just personal insults. Obviously you’ve never followed me or read the post. Just responding to the title.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on what you’re saying “ no chance “ for. Winning a championship or just remaining relevant which is all I’m saying which is our owners priority.
I could not care any less what our owners priority is/ My priority..is playing like a real football team even if we lose. I get it...it;s way more complicated than that.

One example of what I see as misguided is blaming the RBs for our woeful run game. But the reality is our RBs can;t run either from poor blocking, poor scheme, or yes too slow too small too whatever.

But it most assuredly isn;t just the RBs and it pisses me off we got fans that think they are so clever and in the know to just blame the Rbs. Henry can run free...on OUR woeful defense but we can;t run on other teams woeful defense?

Dak plays 3 quarters of woeful football....6 points...and people want to blame the defense.

And lets' talk about the defense! Michah in no mans land. Dbs getting trucked or just ran around.
So..I an saying "no chance". No championship, and no relevancy for being a good team. Barely even fun to watch and I watch teams lose and enjoy them///if they fight

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could not care any less what our owners priority is/ My priority..is playing like a real football team even if we lose. I get it...it;s way more complicated than that.

One example of what I see as misguided is blaming the RBs for our woeful run game. But the reality is our RBs can;t run either from poor blocking, poor scheme, or yes too slow too small too whatever.

But it most assuredly isn;t just the RBs and it pisses me off we got fans that think they are so clever and in the know to just blame the Rbs. Henry can run free...on OUR woeful defense but we can;t run on other teams woeful defense?

Dak plays 3 quarters of woeful football....6 points...and people want to blame the defense.

And lets' talk about the defense! Michah in no mans land. Dbs getting trucked or just ran around.
So..I a saying "no chance". No championship, and no relevancy for being a good team. Barely even fun to watch and I watch teams lose and enjoy them///if they fight
I’d agree no chance for a championship.

Unfortunately if you have noticed our dysfunctional ownership has lowered the bar this era.

As a result we are no longer a championship caliber franchise.

He’s even stated that “ remaining interesting and relative “ is the priority.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I’d rather the Cowboys be irrelevant for a few years and load up on talent. JJ is doing just enough to stay 50/50. They’re not bad enough to go winless but not good enough to make a playoff push. This is my issue.

Extending Dak just makes the Cowboys spin its tires in the mud for the next 4 years. Sometimes you got to take a step or 2 back to make that leap again.

jay94

Reaction score
The title is very misleading. I wouldn't even put Dak as a top 10 qb this year. If your gonna crown him, at least have his play embody that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d agree no chance for a championship.

Unfortunately if you have noticed our dysfunctional ownership has lowered the bar this era.

As a result we are no longer a championship caliber franchise.

He’s even stated that “ remaining interesting and relative “ is the priority.
it's easy and fashionable to blame Jerry. We are really in the know!...and yes... ultimately it is the person in charge that is true,

But how about our players give a dam? I don't care what my management says or does...I know what I need to to do and I do it .
I do get NFL and sports isn't quite the same as the private company I work for...but when do the players...play. Make plays. Care.

You been doing this all your life. You are entitled with some of of the greatest benefits known to mankind. I see too much quit and blase faire here. Unacceptable.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
it's easy and fashionable to blame Jerry. We are really in the know!...and yes... ultimately it is the person in charge that is true,

But how about our players give a dam? I don't care what my management says or does...I know what I need to to do and I do it .
I do get NFL and sports isn't quite the same as the private company I work for...but when do the players...play. Make plays. Care.

You been doing this all your life. You are entitled with some of of the greatest benefits known to mankind. I see too much quit and blase faire here. Unacceptable.
The problem is the guy in charge said they dont have a personel problem..so if its not the players what the hell is it Jethro?

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Dak has always been a good QB nowhere near worth the contract he got and what's worse is that he's declining. He's slow, confused, jittery and doesn't look like a leader to me.

That said he's ours for a couple more years at least so deal with it. We should of let him walk and we didnt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Of course players hold some responsibility but the Mgmt ultimately is where the buck stops.

There’s been one constant throughout this era with numerous coaching staffs and rosters.

And this dysfunctional ownership is the core cause of toxic atmosphere and culture.

No real football fans, only homers, have bought into the hype this has been a championship caliber franchise.

And if you haven’t assembled a team good enough then where does the blame ultimately fall.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem is the guy in charge said they dont have a personel problem..so if its not the players what the hell is it Jethro?
Typical narcissistic behavior. The fact he believes Dak is elite , he likes this roster, RB’s and DL says it all.

And I think he actually believes he’s built a championship caliber team.

It’s totally laughable. And sad for all Cowboy fans. No other fanbase would want our owner.

But this is our reality and what we have to deal with.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Typical narcissistic behavior. The fact he believes Dak is elite , he likes this roster, RB’s and DL says it all.

And I think he actually believes he’s built a championship caliber team.

It’s totally laughable. And sad for all Cowboy fans. No other fanbase would want our owner.

But this is our reality and what we have to deal with.
100%

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
I’d rather be terrible than mediocre.

Especially with the QB talent right now coming up in college..

Oh well.. Too late for that.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Dak doesn't get outta bed until the 4th quarter...;)