Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

triplets_93

Reaction score
Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance...

A chance to do what ? ? ? ?

Better statement: With Dak this roster doesn't have a chance to get to a Championship match.
Division Playoff, yes. But is that all you want??? Sad.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been saying THIS SAME THING, G, for the past 3 seasons. Yet, I've been blasted big time repeatedly for being correct.

:banghead:
This season appears to be a little different without any running game at all and a defense so far near bottom of league. we are more dependent on our QB than before. And why I’d argue we’d have little chance without him. And it still might not be enough. At least against the better teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lets get past the divisional round then. I firmly believe this team goes further in 16 with Romo leading the way as well, but here we are.
Maybe but we don’t know if he could remain healthy. But getting past the divisional round isn’t only measurement but rather a talking point.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
no one else can summons 6 points going into the 4th quarter. I don’t think Cooper or Lance could even do that.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Had to chuckle at the 'I'm not a Dakster'. The whole issue is that we don't have a shot due to the LENGTH of that contract. Even a decent GM would have difficulty building a roster that keeps Dak in a comfortable game winning position....needing: run support, run defense and whilst we're at it another receiver.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Had to chuckle at the 'I'm not a Dakster'. The whole issue is that we don't have a shot due to the LENGTH of that contract. Even a decent GM would have difficulty building a roster that keeps Dak in a comfortable game winning position....needing: run support, run defense and whilst we're at it another receiver.
To be fair while difficult other franchises have been able to build top defenses with market price QB’s.

And we could have better addressed our running game drafting a RB which in middle rounds would have been almost nothing .

Sounds to me like our bigger problem is our FO.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I would agree with the current way. The team is structured with the original post. But that’s not the point. He’s the highest paid player in NFL history and he does not perform like that. He’s an average quarterback. Maybe, maybe on some Sundays, a notch above. he is not a quarterback that makes quick and great reads and he is not a quarterback that’s gonna win a shootout with another elite quarterback. He’s not capable of that. He’s a couple notches above what we term “bus driver”. Yes, we could’ve built a sensational team around him. That was good enough to make it all the way to the big dance. But this idiot wants the highest amount of money ever paid to any player in NFL history and so therefore, he’s gonna learn a very valuable lesson. Which I don’t really think he cares. He’ll have a fat wallet, but the Cowboys are going crumble around him. It’s already under way….Couple of seasons, from now or perhaps even starting this season he’s gonna realize that it was the talent around him that allowed him win those 12 games. . And he can only thank himself for that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Don’t have a chance for what?

Winning championships, probably not.
Making the playoffs remaining relevant. Yes
Not going to happen. This team would have gotten beaten by Washington had they played each other last night. The Cowboys are going to have major problems trying to stay relevant in their own division. All those 12-5 seasons look to be long gone and you can bet the house everyone who plays the Cowboys will smell blood in the water and take full advantage of this mediocre team at best.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not going to happen. This team would have gotten beaten by Washington had they played each other last night. The Cowboys are going to have major problems trying to stay relevant in their own division. All those 12-5 seasons look to be long gone and you can bet the house everyone who plays the Cowboys will smell blood in the water and take full advantage of this mediocre team at best.
I agree. And why I expected 8 or 9 wins was probably the ceiling this year. But that’s still relevant for our dysfunctional ownership.

Hovering around .500 Jethro can still sell and hype his brand . Not as well as 12-5 but more than 5-12.

Our owner has shown the ability to sell the hell out of mediocrity .

But even if they don’t this year then he can still sell a return next year. It would take several 5-12 seasons to bring about the change most fans are seeking . Like back in early 2000’s.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Jerry tanked the offense this year, *and then* extended Dak and Lamb.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry tanked the offense this year, *and then* extended Dak and Lamb.
Could be but from what he’s said he likes his roster . And specifically said he likes his RB‘s. It’s a great example how foolish or idiotic he is. I think he actually believes he has enough talent on offense. Bizarre but would explain.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Could be but from what he’s said he likes his roster . And specifically said he likes his RB‘s. It’s a great example how foolish or idiotic he is. I think he actually believes he has enough talent on offense. Bizarre but would explain.
Jerry is a media man.
Whatever he's pushing the hardest is the lie he's most desperate to sell.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is a media man.
Whatever he's pushing the hardest is the lie he's most desperate to sell.
IDK. I’m leaning towards he spews the lies so much he actually begins to believe it.

We see this in mainstream media attempting to control and influence the narrative with misinformation. They actually begin to believe it’s true.

Which believing it to be true isn’t actually a lie. It becomes your opinion or belief which you can preach as the gospel.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think the jones are reeling right now after watching their qb and wr look like garbage the past 2 games.....

Buyers remorse for them right now.
1 question: if the QB is trash how in the world can the WR perform. It OS an impossibility