Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Brax

Reaction score
That’s not going to happen unfortunately. We’ll have to pry Jethro’s dead hands away.

Dak and his mediocrity has been a huge selling mechanism for Jethro remaining relative which being in the playoffs is easier to hype and promote his iconic label.

It is what it is. If Jethro didn’t have Romo and Dak fall into his lap we’d of been bottom feeders. Bad news is they weren’t great enough for more success along with poor team building .
5 more seasons there’s always luck and miracles but they say Jerry sold his soul for that last SB so I guess we can rule out miracles

Diehardblues

Reaction score
this team has lots of problems the first and foremost is the front office they are dumb as crap the coaches most dont have clue the qb is average at best and they paid a top ten receiver like a number one and the whole team is SOFT
Well, relative and interesting keeps this team afloat and the revenue coming in.

Cowboys don’t need to be great again to hype and promote their iconic label.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
5 more seasons there’s always luck and miracles but they say Jerry sold his soul for that last SB so I guess we can rule out miracles
Yea. I waved my white flags many years ago. Jethro’s ways lowered the bar for the Cowboys.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
It’s annoying to hear Dak scream “Here we go” in his pre-snap cadence when they only “go” in the 4th quarter when they are so far behind. Dak has shown over & over again that he is not good when it matters most. The more JJ hears this, the more he digs in to prove them wrong.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
For every Sam Darnold there are dozens of Zach Wilsons. You don't know which reclamation project is going to work. Minny certainly didn't, and they were going to start a rookie.

It's easy to point out contracts after the fact. You're ignoring if Darnold continues to play well he will get paid too.

That's not anyone fault. It's the nature of the beast.
What you are missing is that Darnold went to a team with who could be the best coach in the NFL. It is not ironic that young QB's struggle their first couple of years, and if put in the right situation with the right coaching, they can resume their careers. Baker, Sam are just a couple of examples. Throwing Young out too early may mess that kid up for good, and the coach they brought in to groom him has given up on him already. Penix will/should sit this year, and JJ would have likely sat all year as well

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
LMAO this place would have lost it's mind if we had signed Darnold to be the starter.
Darnold was not an option for this team as long as Dak was our QB. Minny had nothing at QB, and a great HC hooked up with a QB who was mismanaged since he was drafted

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lol He was picked 3rd overall. In 7 seasons with 4 different teams, he's finally having a good season. Let's wait until later in the season until we take that bust label off him.
The Jets and Panthers were his first team, did you expect him to succeed there? Each team has killed their top QB picks. He was not pegged to be a starter in San Fran, and I am sure even the Vikings didn't expect him to play like he has so far. But guess what? They signed him to a 1 year contract and if he continues like this the rest of the year, some team will pay him like a 3rd overall pick. Meanwhile, back at the farm, Minny drafted their franchise QB who wasn't expected to even play this year.

This formula can work if a team knows what it's doing, do you need me to list the teams that also moved on from big ticket QB contracts at the right time? The Giants had a chance to and blew it....

Shane612

Reaction score
Why can't he play like a mad man in the first 50 minutes of the game?
Is it the line, his receivers, the RBs....coaches?

Shane612

Reaction score
well i would say with dak and his cap hit they stand no chance ether so i guess cowboys are just screwed!!!!!

because he is a garbage qb
Can't they restructure Dak's, CeeDee's and Michael's contracts so that they'll be on the payroll until 2050?
lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What are the chances with the current GM? Thats really all that matters...He is all in, he would right any check, he is THE ONLY ONE that can do this, we also dont have a personel problem...what have i missed?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It would seem...with dak...we have no chance. 8 Years and counting.

So not sure where this take is coming from. We have had NO CHANCE! Okay?

Why you are even saying this is insane,
Depends on what you’re saying “ no chance “ for. Winning a championship or just remaining relevant which is all I’m saying is our owners priority.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.

Correct, even Mahomes would be lucky to go 9-8 with the way this roster is constructed.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You know I've been looking for the Dak Davidians and I couldn't find on almost any other thread...but this one.

Dogs love licking their wounds ...lol...

Clean up on aisle #4! Clean up on aisle #4!