Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

NotForLong

Reaction score
i get what your saying and for sure some here cant see past the QB on Sundays...but Dak chose to stay with this inept FO, he could've left to save his career and decided to stay with Barnum....he deserves the heat he will get the next 4 years because he new the outcome when he decided to take the money...
He would be the biggest free agent bust on any other team. At least MM knows how to scheme a dumb downed offense for him

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hate to break this to you, but Dak is the reason this team stinks.
It doesn't matter who they add to the roster as long as he is the quarterback.
exactly. couldn't agree more. if it wasn't for Dak, the defense wouldn't give up a TD to lowly saints 6 straight possession. get rid of Dak and those defensive stops will automatically come.
and talk about the ravens...come on. if not for Dak, we would have had Henry and how could he allow them to rush 271 yards against the defense.
dak sucks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We're looking at a completely different roster without Dak and his contract.

Fields, Smith, and Darnold are doing well on far lesser deals and Mayfield did well enough in Tampa to earn a reasonable deal. SF was winning games with Jimmy G and Purdy is looking like an all-pro out there. Joe Flacco took the Browns to the playoffs. Even Andy Dalton looked good in Carolina yesterday. Adequate QB talent is available every offseason, yet we handicapped ourselves for half a decade by giving a good QB elite money.

Do you think it would cost more than $50m to fix the running game and rushing defense?
how? tell me how it would look different? same thing was said about Romo...without Romo, we are looking at a totally different roster...well, first 4 years with Dak, Rookie 4th round contract. how did the roster look so different?

and lets wait until Fields, Smith and Darnold actually accomplish something. 6 weeks from now, none of you will be talking about those guys.

and how many teams has Mayfield been on now? and why is it that he is such a great bargain, yet nobody wants to keep him.

and yes, I want better play out of Dak, but having penus envy is not the way. and we had Andy Dalton. he sucked. how long your think the honey moon will last in Carolina? you all tend to take one game and make a career projection out of it.

if Jerry cared, if he really cared, we could have had henry. we could have had better DTs. dak or no dak. jerry is the root of all the problems.
all you all just keep fantasizing about having money on the cap (which we have had) and building a championship roster via FA, and yet 28 years and nothing has been done.
stop fantasazing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because they are not paying Darnold 60 MILLION , thus having $$ to spend on the D !!

Wake up Stans !!!
on paper that would work. in fantasy football that would work. but what defensive players did Vikings sign? what defensive players were available in FA and how much did they cost? this ain't yahoo fantasy football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is nothing special about Dak. He along with 6-8 other 2nd/third tier QBs could have done exactly the same after Baltimore hit the conservative button. To me Dak is a good qb and top 12-14. Nothing more.
I agree. there are 9 QBs that make 52M or more (AAV). 8M is not the difference between a great championship team and a bad team. its the GM.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Their label isn't iconic anymore.
Jerry milked that cow dry.
Fans are walking away, and it's going to get worse.
Most real long time fans are embarrassed by whats going on in Dallas now.
people have been saying fans are walking away for how many years now? and yet, cowboys just got valued as the highest franchise any where in any sport.

and I am sure you are going to say, but this time I am serious!!!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
He would be the biggest free agent bust on any other team. At least MM knows how to scheme a dumb downed offense for him
According to Rodgers he ran the offense. So, maybe the words dumbing down should mean McCarthy-not Dak. Give Andy Reid Dak and see what happens. Mcnabb was very good with Reid and Dak is way better than him. I wish Dak could be under any of the better Oc's and see what happens then. Garrett-Moore and McCarthy :facepalm: :lmao:You're lucky Dak is this good...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
how? tell me how it would look different? same thing was said about Romo...without Romo, we are looking at a totally different roster...well, first 4 years with Dak, Rookie 4th round contract. how did the roster look so different?

and lets wait until Fields, Smith and Darnold actually accomplish something. 6 weeks from now, none of you will be talking about those guys.

and how many teams has Mayfield been on now? and why is it that he is such a great bargain, yet nobody wants to keep him.

and yes, I want better play out of Dak, but having penus envy is not the way. and we had Andy Dalton. he sucked. how long your think the honey moon will last in Carolina? you all tend to take one game and make a career projection out of it.

if Jerry cared, if he really cared, we could have had henry. we could have had better DTs. dak or no dak. jerry is the root of all the problems.
all you all just keep fantasizing about having money on the cap (which we have had) and building a championship roster via FA, and yet 28 years and nothing has been done.
stop fantasazing.
Jerry had 22 years to win a trophy before Dak got here. We rarely had 12 win seasons before Dak got here. Yet fans want to hate on Dak :facepalm: Is he elite??? NO. But what quarterback not in the Hall of Fame was. I don't even think Aikman was elite. He just had a great head coach-great assistant coaches and great weapons on offense and defense. Weapons that wanted to win. Not like crybaby weapons Dak has. And Troy didn't have the Jerry we got now. The Jerry that cost us another 2 or 3 Super Bowls. Fans forget how great Aikman was and how Jerry ruined his latter career also. He did it with Romo and he's doing it now to Dak. Dak only has Dak.. Some People need to GET REAL in here.....Remember your past or repeat it...never so better said but in Dallas under BozoJones..... BoZo Jones that cost us 3 more Super Bowls in the 90's and haven't sniffed or been near one again in 30 years. Dak my ...........

Last edited: