Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

NotForLong

Reaction score
According to Rodgers he ran the offense. So, maybe the words dumbing down should mean McCarthy-not Dak. Give Andy Reid Dak and see what happens. Mcnabb was very good with Reid and Dak is way better than him. I wish Dak could be under any of the better Oc's and see what happens then. Garrett-Moore and McCarthy :facepalm: :lmao:You're lucky Dak is this good...
Every Offensive coordinator dumbs down the offense for Dak. Andy Reid would have dumped him already. No way he keeps him. Only Jerry forces this dumpster fire on his head coach. Andy Reid would never accept it.

chagus

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
I think this current team is so bad that even WITH Dak, there is no chance. What happened to that week one squad??

ksadler1

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
While l understand what you're saying, l'd rather we go 1-16, miss the playoffs, and get better draft picks. Making the playoffs does not help this team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The premise is true only when he produces on more than a third down and forcing success to affect an opponent.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Every Offensive coordinator dumbs down the offense for Dak. Andy Reid would have dumped him already. No way he keeps him. Only Jerry forces this dumpster fire on his head coach. Andy Reid would never accept it.
Dak is better than McNabb was, and Andy got him to a Super Bowl. Everyone says that Dak is smart and a hard worker. So,who do I believe? You or them?? :facepalm:

Flamma

Reaction score

That is literally the worst thing that could happen. For a team that isn't that good, and only builds through the draft, picking in the mid to high teens is the worst possible situation.

This team has to turn it around at some point during this season. I'm hoping this is not the team we'll see midseason. Otherwise I'd rather win 4 games than to just be a recreation of the 2012 Cowboys.

Havic

Reaction score
Just going to respond to the title of your thread.

If Dak is the only reason this team is competitive then even more reason it should have been blown up prior to the draft.

McMicah

Reaction score
We aren’t thinking about this the right way. We are treating this team like a high school team where we hope to win every year. That is not how a good FO should think about winning in the NFL

The NFL for owners annd coaches should be about championships, not relevance, not almost, not revenue, not ‘but we’d be even worse without Dak’…. championships. With Dak on this team we have almost no shot at a championship, both because of his weak points, inconsistency, and his price tag that limits our ability to sign FAs.

A smart FO would posture the team to lose without saying it out loud to stop getting late draft picks and start getting premium ones. You do that for 2-3 years and boom, you are a contender on the cheap. Play like that for 8 years and repeat.

That’s why signing Dak was a mistake. You already had your best window and it closed after the GB loss, and the FO sold out for relevance and jersey sales instead of rebuilding for the next window. All this does is elongate the period without hope of a championship, because our owner values relevance and revenue over championships