Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

DickWhitman

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB, not a great QB. There are only a couple of those in the league on any given year. Many good QB's have won Super Bowls, many great ones have not, so many here are wrong to blame the Cowboys lack of overall sucess on him without including the rest of the team.

But yeah, he's pretty much our offense right now, he will only be able to do so much.
I can easily think of 12 quarterbacks I'd rather have than Dak Prescott....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Remember about 3 years ago against the Bucs in the season opener. I think we ran the ball like 3 times the entire game, and we walked up and down the field.

Steve007

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Oh Yay, 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC loss.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I don’t even care anymore, I’m looking forward to four more years of watching Dak get boat raced by good teams. Looking forward to telling the same homers how wrong they were, again. Been doing it since 2018 when it was apparent who Dak was. I can guarantee today, no sb, no nfc championship. Don’t believe me, I said it back when Dak was sign the second time(2020) yet those same homers are still here. I bet them then, they agreed to walk, but are still here. No nfc championship, dak still hasn’t gotten any better in big games, and he’s still putting up garbage stats. Second in mvp voting, who votes, bc he sucks. He runs like slow duck and looks uncoordinated in doing anything beyond dunk and dunk.

raven55

Reaction score
jerry has when off the reservation and steven the party boy helped him first before the season . by trading a fourth round pick for a qb that probadly will never start for you. jerry has when full al davis and destroyed the dallas cowboys the story line between these two are similar and then most will ever recognized both are senile and stupid. and if things can't get worse party boy steven is in the wings to finish off this franchise or as there was one. this team is ready to blow up at the next loss maybe the giants will do it. zimmer was a loser as a head coach and look at him work his magic here. may the team rest in peace

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
To be fair while difficult other franchises have been able to build top defenses with market price QB’s.

And we could have better addressed our running game drafting a RB which in middle rounds would have been almost nothing .

Sounds to me like our bigger problem is our FO.
That's what I said, but one of the issues are the last two contracts he capitulated to in respect of Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's what I said, but one of the issues are the last two contracts he capitulated to in respect of Dak.
Well, that’s on our FO and probably Jethro specifically. No doubt he’s bundled those negotiations . It doesn’t mean considering our remaining roster provides any better chance for winning a game than our QB.

LocoBates

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we can’t draft a heir apparent now while Dak is still on the roster ?
because you are stuck with a multimillionaire QB for 4+ years, why would you sit a young guy 4 years watching not necessarily the best QB skills on the field? (unless the kid is studying and learning the opponent QB)
You know Jerra and Dallas will not sit the $60M QB, not even on his last year, so.....there is that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
because you are stuck with a multimillionaire QB for 4+ years, why would you sit a young guy 4 years watching not necessarily the best QB skills on the field? (unless the kid is studying and learning the opponent QB)
You know Jerra and Dallas will not sit the $60M QB, not even on his last year, so.....there is that.
We aren’t stuck for 4 years.

LocoBates

Reaction score
We aren’t stuck for 4 years.
I hope so. But after seeing how the FO has managed this QB contract situation, I don't have much faith, I actually think he will play all those 4 yrs regardless of the W/L score, otherwise Jerra would've requested to remove the no trade clause.

We'll see

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope so. But after seeing how the FO has managed this QB contract situation, I don't have much faith, I actually think he will play all those 4 yrs regardless of the W/L score, otherwise Jerra would've requested to remove the no trade clause.

We'll see
It’s very likely barring injury. But I’ve read where after a couple years we have some options. It doesn’t mean we still wouldn’t be on the hook for much of his contract.

And why I’d like to see us draft a heir apparent in next couple years.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dak is better than McNabb was, and Andy got him to a Super Bowl. Everyone says that Dak is smart and a hard worker. So,who do I believe? You or them?? :facepalm:
Dak is objectively not better than McNabb was. Playoffs is what counts and Dak is the worst playoff QB of all time. At least McNabb got there.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I'm sure Dak is a big topic in the locker room when he's not in there. He's probably causing a divided locker room because that guy just can't get the job done. You saw him go three quarters of football against the Ravens with doing nothing. We've seen it against the Packers twice the Rams 49ers three times it's just not a pretty sight once he gets up against a decent team. Dak made his money beating up on a bad division. I've never seen a team play so hard when Dak was out and Rush came in. Even though Rush is a lesser quarterback the team played so hard for him unlike Dak. Just saying!

Preoccupied

Reaction score
The biggest flaw of this team has always been the FO. This team has been failing for nearly as long as Dak has been alive.

Derek Henry WANTED to come here, but our FO brags about not even reaching out to him... then he destroy us. You don't think the passing game would open up if we had an actual running threat? Instead we make our RB2 from last year a starter, bring back a guy we cut because he was underperforming and we have a microback who we run up the middle.

There's zero accountability and zero cohesion in terms of creating a team.

Pure comedy gold FO decision making.
All I can do is lol when I read this. Just like fans from other teams lol at us.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak is better than McNabb was, and Andy got him to a Super Bowl. Everyone says that Dak is smart and a hard worker. So,who do I believe? You or them?? :facepalm:
No everyone, myself and many other fans think dark sucks. I’ve even stated that mcnabb was better than dak. 70% didn’t want dak resigned so you are I. The minority of thinking dak is something he isn’t;).