Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

shabazz

Reaction score
That's why the man was made the highest paid player in the NFL

60 million a year has to be the man........we will just sit back and wait for it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's why the man was made the highest paid player in the NFL

60 million a year has to be the man........we will just sit back and wait for it
Well, he’s the man for our owners. Remember they are the ones who think he’s Elite or at least to provide stability and enough to build around . Not most Cowboys fans.

But we must also remember that over paying average to above average QB’s is the norm in NFL. Is Trevor Lawrence worth 55 mil? How about Love ? Is Tua worth 50+. Cousins certainly doesn’t look worth his contract. How about Murray. The list goes on.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the business in the NFL. It comes down to do you have a Franchise QB to build around or not . And how long until you find another one .

If it was up to me I’d be continually drafting another QB or heir apparent to provide more options so you aren’t hamstrung into over paying average Franchise QB’s to maintain a relevant chance to make the playoffs.

Franchise QB’s provide stability for teams. Then it becomes more about trying to build around them best you can. Of course the better these QB’s are the easier it is. And obviously greater possibility for success.

But unfortunately to these owners it’s a better position to be in just providing a team and QB capable of contending for just making the playoffs which is easier to hype and promote hope than continuing to search for another QB all the time until you hit on or find one .

That’s reality in the NFL much to the dismay of many fans who are more SB or Bust type of fans. Just being a playoff contender isn’t enough for those who feel if you’re not playing for championships it’s a failure.

And this isn’t just directed at you but I’ve seen such a response by many. I know it’s not the answer they are looking for.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Darnold played well for the 49ers last season but he didn't get much game time. Amazing signing by the Vikings. Basically a better version of Cousins at this point in their careers who can perform in prime time and for less money.
Vikings, Eagles, etc., have the evaluation skills to let someone walk & bring in another someone. We have an entertainment committee doling out contracts to the people they think best keep the "brand" name in play.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he's an over rated 4th round qb that just got lucky in his rookie year and inherited a some what good team around him
and going to the one organization that would just hand him the keys and never actually evaluate his performance going forward. I mean, I would pay him to buy my lottery tickets cause he sure hit one.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak is objectively not better than McNabb was. Playoffs is what counts and Dak is the worst playoff QB of all time. At least McNabb got there.
Dak arguement is just stupid. No quarterback has won ANYTHING since Troy. So quarterback isn't the issue.

ICP

Reaction score
It doesn't even really have a chance with him either