Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yea but overall these Franchise QB’s market price contracts aren’t a pecking order. It represents more about when you signed.
Nope, otherwise guys like Carr would get paid like Dak did. Dak got hugely overpaid because Jerry is a fool, not because he earned it, deserved it, or was next in line.

They are absolutely a pecking order with GMs who know what they are doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope, otherwise guys like Carr would get paid like Dak did. Dak got hugely overpaid because Jerry is a fool, not because he earned it, deserved it, or was next in line.

They are absolutely a pecking order with GMs who know what they are doing.
Not necessarily. You don’t think Love, Lawrence and Tua are 3 of the top QB’s in the league?

Brax

Reaction score
Of course but SB’s aren’t the only measurement of success.
And gold medals aren’t the only measure of Olympic success, 29 years and there isn’t even one silver or bronze medal let alone a gold so no there’s no success except for those who like participation trophies and individual stats the hallmark of the Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All you gotta do to change the "Dak hate" is win championship. It's not a big or unreasonable ask. If Dak can't do that then you will have to accept the reality about him. You won't like it, and will continue to call names such as "hater", but you won't be able hide the truth with rhetoric.

Do you think Dak will produce a championship before he retires? I doubt that you do, so what is your real goal in being a Dak stan?
I’m not a Dakster but will root him on as our QB. I’ve gone up against the Haters and the Homers. And even if we were to win a SB with Dak which I have little faith anyone can win a championship with our dysfunctional leadership , that wouldn't necessarily elevate him any higher in his ability and production.

It would be similar to how many view Eli for example which I think he was better than many have bashed him for . He just wasn’t always on good teams. His father Archie another great example. I might argue he was one of the greatest QB’s on the worst teams.

The media and some fans place the only measurement for QB’s of success on winning championships Which is a team game. It’s obviously difficult for some fans especially this era to recognize greatness without winning championships. Fortunately we have All Pro, MVP and HOF for example which recognize personal achievement without success of the team.

Success of the team of course helps . And it elevates many players who might not otherwise be as recognized without their teams success. Which is fine as Impact is also a condition of recognition and inductions.

Winning championships is over glorified like winning the gold medal. There’s many great and good athletes who don’t win it all. It doesn’t mean they weren’t successful or good in their own right.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And gold medals aren’t the only measure of Olympic success, 29 years and there isn’t even one silver or bronze medal let alone a gold so no there’s no success except for those who like participation trophies and individual stats the hallmark of the Cowboys
I agree. Winning gold isn’t the only measurement of excellence. I’d argue just making the Olympic team is quite an achievement.

Tell Jason Witten his career was a total waste . There’s been many great athletes in NFL who weren’t on championship teams .

Fortunately there are mechanism in place which can recognize great talents without the success of their team.

Brax

Reaction score
Tell Jason Witten or Demarcus Ware their careers were a total waste .

Fortunately there are mechanism in place which can recognize great talents without the success of their team.
Actually they were if the SB is your objective as a player. Luckily DW did achieve a SB but he had to change teams to accomplish it. There’s a lot of players who careers were wasted because the FO has little understanding of how to build a winner. In the context of Dallas I have no problem saying their careers were a waste. I bet JW would take the SB ring over the HOF career resume. Great players both as well as many others but nothing to show for it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually they were if the SB is your objective as a player. Luckily DW did achieve a SB but he had to change teams to accomplish it. There’s a lot of players who careers were wasted because the FO has little understanding of how to build a winner. In the context of Dallas I have no problem saying their careers were a waste. I bet JW would take the SB ring over the HOF career resume. Great players both as well as many others but nothing to show for it
Actually most players I’ve heard from state that induction into the HOF is the pinnacle of their careers.

You might not have a problem saying anyone not winning a championship their careers were a waste but based on the Olympic argument I’d say most players who even make the NFL are the best of the best as only about 10% of NCAA make the NFL.

If you got paid and set up your family for life I wouldn’t argue their careers were wasted. Again far too much emphasis placed on winning championships. Only one team wins it each year. The rest weren’t failures. That becomes more of a talking point than reality.

Does winning championships elevate you . Of course . Much like winning the gold . But it doesn’t mean the rest are failures. Fans that do believe that truly don’t appreciate the competitive spirit and camaraderie of the game and all of the great talents the champions must overcome.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NFCCG is beyond the franchise at this point let alone SB . They’ve climbed into the ring with the 49ers past few yrs they don’t measure up .
I agree. And we haven’t been good enough for 3 decades. Not likely to change with dysfunction at the top.

It’s a reminder Jethro has lowered the bar for the Cowboys this era. We are no longer a championship caliber franchise .

Brax

Reaction score
Actually most players I’ve heard from state that induction into the HOF is the pinnacle of their careers.

You might not have a problem saying anyone not winning a championship their careers were a waste but based on the Olympic argument I’d say most players who even make the NFL are the best of the best as only about 10% of NCAA make the NFL.

If you got paid and set up your family for life I wouldn’t argue their careers were wasted. Again far too much emphasis placed on winning championships. Only one team wins it each year. The rest weren’t failures. That becomes more of a talking point than reality.

Does winning championships elevate you . Of course . Much like winning the gold . But it doesn’t mean the rest are failures. Fans that do believe that truly don’t appreciate the competitive spirit and camaraderie of the game and all of the great talents the champions must overcome.
I’m talking championship not financially, they are highly compensated it’s part of the game . The pinnacle of their career and with all those players you talk to how many would trade the HOF for a championship I would say everyone of them. Failures I didn’t say that that’s your spin, wasted career that a different animal

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m talking championship not financially, they are highly compensated it’s part of the game . The pinnacle of their career and with all those players you talk to how many would trade the HOF for a championship I would say everyone of them. Failures I didn’t say that that’s your spin, wasted career that a different animal
I’d say none would trade a championship for HOF.

And wasted career is again based on not being on a championship team. That’s totally ridiculous.

Brax

Reaction score
I’d say none would trade a championship for HOF.

And wasted career is again based on not being on a championship team. That’s totally ridiculous.
Ask Jim Kelly he’ll tell you the answer and it’s not your take

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last edited: