Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak isn't the primary issue. But he's still a pretty significant issue.

I don't see him doing anything to elevate the guys around him

And I don't want to hear from the usual suspects about the "comeback "

It wasn't a comeback
Baltimore took their foot off our throats

If they would have kept the hammer down they win by 30-35 points minimum

Nobody does more when it matters less. Yesterday's 4th quarter was exhibit A
Regardless we had a shot to comeback . Spin it however you wish but this roster Is bottom tier without a QB of his caliber. And it still might be with him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's difficult to determine because what other players might we have with his contract out of the way? Would Stephen and Jerry take that money and invest it in players of need or would they splurge on one flashy player? Likely it's the second, but who knows? Who would we have in Dak's place? Who would they have gotten to replace him? The fact is, he's been struggling in Quarters 1-3 for a couple of games for whatever reason. Would another QB have the same issues? We don't know.

I think he'll get better through the regular season, but we don't know for sure if we'd be much worse with a different QB. McCarthy would call a different game with a different QB.
All we can do is measure and evaluate what we have. And IMO this roster has little chance of winning games without Dak.

Steve007

Reaction score
Dak has a built-in restructure. He's obviously not going to play at that rate.
Yes they will restructure and they will kick the can down the road. The contract will catch up with the cowboys and they will have nothing to show for it except Jerry will make his money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You can replace Dak with Sam Darnold, Kirk Cousins, Fields, Carr, etc to achieve the same results. It really doesn't matter who the QB is if they continue to overpay just because they are scared to move on they will never build a winning team. They continually put themselves into tough spots due to over spending on their own players while being too scared to talk to most free agents.
but has it caused us not to be able to sign anyone we wanted? us not signing anyone worth their dollar is a choice...we had room on the cap to sign Henry. we chose to sign Zeke instead. why? because there are Zeke jersey's in the inventory he has to get rid of....they are still selling Zeke #21 jerseys

Zeke Jersey's for sale on dallas cowboys.com

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Spin it however you wish but this roster Is bottom tier without a QB of his caliber.
Sorry we said mean things about Dak

Here ya go

dak-prescott-d4k-kelvin-kent-transparent.png

Swagger

Reaction score
Whilst back in the real world the Steelers are balling with Justin Fields having given up a 6th rounder for him.

Fields looked fine on a bad Bears team Jerry decided to give him a 5th for Lance instead.

This front office sadly doesn't really get it when it comes to constructing a roster. Little tip - don't pay an average/good QB elite money as in the highest paid player in NFL history. That's a good starting point...

starfan1

Reaction score
Whilst back in the real world the Stealers are balling with Justin Fields having given up a 6th rounder for him.

Fields looked fine on a bad Bears team Jerry decided to give him a 5th for Lance instead.

This front office sadly doesn't really get it when it comes to constructing a roster. Little tip - don't pay an average/good QB elite money as in the highest paid player in NFL history. That's a good starting point...
the steelers aren't winning a championship with fields its highly doubtful anyway. and Ive been told in here that championships is all that matters. But I agree Dak is overpaid.That said i don't care as the front office even when funds are available will go shopping for blue light specials that has been proven.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m a critic too. I’m just calling it like I see it. This roster has no chance without him. And it still might not be enough. That’s how much we suk.
i get what your saying and for sure some here cant see past the QB on Sundays...but Dak chose to stay with this inept FO, he could've left to save his career and decided to stay with Barnum....he deserves the heat he will get the next 4 years because he new the outcome when he decided to take the money...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whilst back in the real world the Steelers are balling with Justin Fields having given up a 6th rounder for him.

Educate yourself before looking like this. ^^

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OGC.a0e900e5c63044cfa2da136234631432
"You going to need to score 30 plus a game" While looking out at the defense"- "Put a 0 behind that number 4 and make that 40".... :facepalm:
Can dodge 3 defenders faster than a bullet........able to leap tall defenders in one single bound. Stronger than a 28 point comeback....
" It's SUPER DAK"""""" :laugh: Get REAL-Jerry!!!! It's a team sport. Not an individual sport...CLOWN!!

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
So, we are going to be entering the 8-8 years? Not bad enough to tank and get the "blue chip" prospects, but not good enough to do anything in the postseason.
I rather the roster not have a chance if games are going to be like these past 3 home games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i get what your saying and for sure some here cant see past the QB on Sundays...but Dak chose to stay with this inept FO, he could've left to save his career and decided to stay with Barnum....he deserves the heat he will get the next 4 years because he new the outcome when he decided to take the money...
Of course. I agree. But our QB isn’t our greatest weakness.

CWR

Reaction score
Sam Darnold is making 1/6th the contract our QB is. Missing one WR, and the best WR in the NFL is hobbled
For every Sam Darnold there are dozens of Zach Wilsons. You don't know which reclamation project is going to work. Minny certainly didn't, and they were going to start a rookie.

It's easy to point out contracts after the fact. You're ignoring if Darnold continues to play well he will get paid too.

That's not anyone fault. It's the nature of the beast.

leeblair

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
I hate to break this to you, but Dak is the reason this team stinks.
It doesn't matter who they add to the roster as long as he is the quarterback.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Ahh…so the roster sucks except for Dak. It’s Dak who has led them to a mighty 1-2 record instead of 0-3. Remember when the D won game 1? Or was that Dak? So the games that are lost are on the D, regardless of the futility of the offense until garbage time, but never on the leader of the latter.