Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Steve007

Reaction score
the steelers aren't winning a championship with fields its highly doubtful anyway. and Ive been told in here that championships is all that matters. But I agree Dak is overpaid.That said i don't care as the front office even when funds are available will go shopping for blue light specials that has been proven.
The cowboys aren't winning a champinship with Dak, but they are paying way more and sacrificing their future.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
We're looking at a completely different roster without Dak and his contract.

Fields, Smith, and Darnold are doing well on far lesser deals and Mayfield did well enough in Tampa to earn a reasonable deal. SF was winning games with Jimmy G and Purdy is looking like an all-pro out there. Joe Flacco took the Browns to the playoffs. Even Andy Dalton looked good in Carolina yesterday. Adequate QB talent is available every offseason, yet we handicapped ourselves for half a decade by giving a good QB elite money.

Do you think it would cost more than $50m to fix the running game and rushing defense?

Swagger

Reaction score
We're looking at a completely different roster without Dak and his contract.

Fields, Smith, and Darnold are doing well on far lesser deals and Mayfield did well enough in Tampa to earn a reasonable deal. SF was winning games with Jimmy G and Purdy is looking like an all-pro out there. Joe Flacco took the Browns to the playoffs. Even Andy Dalton looked good in Carolina yesterday. Adequate QB talent is available every offseason, yet we handicapped ourselves for half a decade by giving a good QB elite money.

Do you think it would cost more than $50m to fix the running game and rushing defense?
This is the pertinent point and we have already seen that this model works to reach a Superbowl (pay a nominal fee for a solid QB and build the team around him).

The model of paying someone like Prescott the most expensive player in the history of the NFL simply does not and will not work.

Swagger

Reaction score
Darnold played well for the 49ers last season but he didn't get much game time. Amazing signing by the Vikings. Basically a better version of Cousins at this point in their careers who can perform in prime time and for less money.

starfan1

Reaction score
Because they are not paying Darnold 60 MILLION , thus having $$ to spend on the D !!

Wake up Stans !!!
Jesus you guys are blind. Jerry has the money he just wants to build through draft and blue light specials. The money dak and CeeDee make have little to no bearing on the d as it stands. His talent acquisition skills do.His country club atmosphere does.

He has plenty of money and could have signed henry if he wanted to as well. Not sure it would make the difference some hope but hed better than what we got

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For $60 million a year he needs to be our greatest strength.

He's not.
In a normal situation , yes. But under Jethro we are dysfunctional. And our 60 mil QB isn’t necessarily our greatest strength.

But he is enough to keep us from totally collapsing. And probably why our owner ponied up to try and keep his team relevant.

It is what it is.

Brax

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
Don’t agree, Dak is a root cause for many of the problems, you don’t fix root problems nothing changes. You I or anyone doesn’t know if a different QB could or couldn’t make the team better but after 8 seasons and 4-5 more we will never know because Jerry took the easy route and paid a good QB elite money and so far 8 seasons and 3 games I have yet to see him elevate the players around him or carry the team anywhere. Do more with less making 60 million a season was what Jerry said so he’s going to reap what he sowed. Unless someone like BB or a innovative young coach comes in and is given authority over players and not a yes man nothing will change

Creeper

Reaction score
Seattle is 3-0 with Geno Smith
Minnesota is 3-0 with Sam Darnold
Pittsburgh is 3-0 with Justin Fields
Tampa Bay is 2-1 with Baker Mayfield
New Orleans is 2-1 with Carr
GB is 2-1 and 2-0 with Malik Willis.

Dak is good enough to win football games but the rest of this team is not very good at all.

Dallas can with with Dak but not unless Jerry is willing to give him a team. Look at what Minnesota did in the off season. They had a bad defense and they loaded up their team with defensive players.

To be clear, I am not saying I would have paid Dak $60 million. I don't think anyone in this country would have given Dak that kind of money except fans of other teams in the division, and the few knuckleheads running the Cowboys. But at the same time, if you look up and down the Cowboys roster and think Dak is the problem and he has to go while ignoring the gaping holes in this roster then you should not be taken seriously.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this team has lots of problems the first and foremost is the front office they are dumb as crap the coaches most dont have clue the qb is average at best and they paid a top ten receiver like a number one and the whole team is SOFT

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t agree, Dak is a root cause for many of the problems, you don’t fix root problems nothing changes. You I or anyone doesn’t know if a different QB could or couldn’t make the team better but after 8 seasons and 4-5 more we will never know because Jerry took the easy route and paid a good QB elite money and so far 8 seasons and 3 games I have yet to see him elevate the players around him or carry the team anywhere. Do more with less making 60 million a season was what Jerry said so he’s going to reap what he sowed. Unless someone like BB or a innovative young coach comes in and is given authority over players and not a yes man nothing will change
That’s not going to happen unfortunately. We’ll have to pry Jethro’s dead hands away.

Dak and his mediocrity has been a huge selling mechanism for Jethro remaining relative which being in the playoffs is easier to hype and promote his iconic label.

It is what it is. If Jethro didn’t have Romo and Dak fall into his lap we’d of been bottom feeders. Bad news is they weren’t great enough for more success along with poor team building .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I love that some of you think Jerry would fill the team with good players...when just last night he said "We dont have a personel problem" he wanted Zeke how can 28 years not make you believe him....