Witten wants to play until he's 40

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is probably playing for his legacy. Right now, if he retires, he is a borderline HOF. I think he wants to leave when he feels like he has the stats to be enshrined in Canton.

Okay this is just nutty. Witten is already a first ballot HOFer and his legacy is secured. He's 4th in NFL history in receptions.

Go back to sleep.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I hope Witten plays until he's 50 just to piss off all the fans who think he needs a walker and should retire.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No TE has been a first ballot yet. He doesn't have the catches Gonzales has or the TDs of Gates.

Gonzalez will easilly make the HOF the first time around when he is elligible. He is the undisputed GOAT at the position. He ranks 2nd all-time in catches. Witten ranks 4th all-time in receptions and is second among TE's only to Gonzalez. Jason has a very strong case for first ballot consideration.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Gonzalez will easilly make the HOF the first time around when he is elligible. He is the undisputed GOAT at the position. He ranks 2nd all-time in catches. Witten ranks 4th all-time in receptions and is second among TE's only to Gonzalez. Jason has a very strong case for first ballot consideration.

Even if he is first ballot or not. He is a 100% guaranteed lock to be in the hall of fame. Without a doubt.

condoin125

Reaction score
I'll buy the "he's old, slow and on the downslope". But he's one of the best blocking TE's in the game. That's why he's still starting.
And you're confused, this isn't 2012 or earlier....Witten hasn't been a good blocker for some time.

condoin125

Reaction score
I really don’t get the fascination for drafting a TE. Besides the fact that no rookie TE would subplant Witten as the starter

Complete BS. So Evan Engram gets drafted last year for the Giants and as a rookie has 64 catches for 722 yards and 6 TDs with an 11.3 average per reception and doing all of this on a team with a broken down QB, awful Oline and #1 and #2 receivers going down early in the season.....but you don't think a guy like that is good enough to start over Witten?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Witten just turned 35, so is he saying he expects to be penciled in by the Cowboys for 5 more years? The privilege that assumption implies is almost sickening. If Dez had said anything remotely close to that he would have been cut... oh wait. :eek:

dallasdave

Reaction score

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The issue is that's YOUR opinion. Obviously the people that actually run and coach the team don't agree with you. You know, the people that are at practice every day. But I'm sure you're more informed than they are. LOL They're not going to play him if they don't think he's the best option.

Obviously you have much greater faith in Jason Garrett and his staff than most people do. There have been other circumstances and articles written about Leary being benched for Collins and Cooper being benched for Green when it was quite obvious the better player was sitting. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on the coaching staff always being correct on the best option.