World Cup champ scores 8 goals in 7 games. Outstanding!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
joseephuss;3458240 said:
People who don't get soccer will never get soccer. That is not meant as a put down, either. I know typically when someone says, "you just don't get it" they use it in a negative fashion. My stance is more of a factual one. If you don't like something , you have your reasons and are not likely to change. Just the way it is.

It does not make someone dumber or smarter than another. Same goes with pretty much anything. I don't get hockey. I don't get NASCAR. I don't get American Idol. Doesn't make me more ignorant than those that do. It also doesn't make me more intelligent than those that do. I doubt anything will ever change my opinion on these subjects and am fine with that.

This is exactly how I feel.

Fortunately im one of the few who didn't get it, now do, and I like it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would anyone agree that soccer is just basically glorified kickball?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;3459085 said:
You apparently got irritated enough to go start a cricket thread.

And I can't believe you actually think I'm the bullying one.
:lmao2:

No matter what I say you're going to take offense to it now.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
poke;3459071 said:
in another "testament" to the greatness of soccer...

i just got an email from Cowboys Stadium offering FREE tickets to a soccer
match to be played there the 17th.

for kicks i responded and was offered 4 FREE tickets in the CLUB section
for this saturdays game

either I am the luckiest person in the world or tickets to this epic matchup
just arent flowing out the door. hmmmm

just out of interest who's the game between?

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Two of the top professional soccer clubs in Mexico – Club America and San Luis F.C. – will compete in a friendly at Cowboys Stadium. Club America will be making its second appearance at Cowboys Stadium. In 2009, Club America played Chelsea FC in the World Football Challenge in front of 57,229 fans at Cowboys Stadium.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Soccer sucks to begin with

Throw in some NBA type officiating, as well as an infinite amount of flopping and flailing anytime two players get near each other, and it is absolutely unbearable to watch.

At least in the NBA, a team can overcome the refs by making their shots and playing good defense.

In soccer, you are lucky to even score one goal, so if the refs hose you out of a goal, game over.....

And then there is the whole rioting and killing thing, over a stupid sporting event. I think it is lame when fans riot after a team wins a title here in the US....but those riots have nothing on soccer fan. both sides riot and people die on a match by match basis....

Oh and what was the deal with the noise at this year's World Cup, who decided it was a good idea to make every match sound like there was a swarm of locusts just on the horizon.....I muted my TV to watch the two US matches I got to see.

tecolote

Reaction score
I never though I would see the day when a soccer game would get a better rating than the All Star game in the US, and it was a pretty good All Star game.

The All Star game got a 7.5 rating and the WC final got an 8.1

And that's only on the ABC broadcast of the WC game.

jimmy40

Reaction score
tecolote;3459572 said:
I never though I would see the day when a soccer game would get a better rating than the All Star game in the US, and it was a pretty good All Star game.

That really doesn't surprise me I watched some of the WC final, couple minutes anyway and I hate soccer but I haven't watched an All Star game in years. I actually forgot it was even on.

tecolote

Reaction score
jimmy40;3459584 said:
That really doesn't surprise me I watched some of the WC final, couple minutes anyway and I hate soccer but I haven't watched an All Star game in years. I actually forgot it was even on.

You and a lot of people, it was the lowest rated All Star game ever.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
tecolote;3459597 said:
You and a lot of people, it was the lowest rated All Star game ever.

I think it's because a lot ofpeople expected the AL to win. Game was great and my boy McCann got MVP.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tecolote;3459572 said:

Haven't you heard? Baseball sucks, is boring, takes no athletic skills, and is painful to watch.

It's true, I read it here.

tecolote

Reaction score
Hostile;3459626 said:
Haven't you heard? Baseball sucks, is boring, takes no athletic skills, and is painful to watch.

It's true, I read it here.

I like baseball, I used to love it but the freaking Dodgers and their 22 years of mediocrity have tested my love for the game.

The same way I defend soccer in these threads I have had to defend baseball to my mexican friends that say baseball is boring, you have to understand the sport, know the players, the history and have a team to root for.

My finest sports memory will always be me, my father, my brother and my cousin watching Gibbie's hr against Eckersley in 89, "She is GONE" (Vin Scully), just beautifull.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tecolote;3459631 said:
I like baseball, I used to love it but the freaking Dodgers and their 22 years of mediocrity have tested my love for the game.

The same way I defend soccer in these threads I have had to defend baseball to my mexican friends that say baseball is boring, you have to understand the sport, know the players, the history and have a team to root for.

My finest sports memory will always be me, my father, my brother and my cousin watching Gibbie's hr against Eckersley in 89, "She is GONE" (Vin Scully), just beautifull.
I used to listen to Vin Scully doing Dodgers games on AM radio. He was the best.

Him, Ernie Harwell, and Jack Buck on the radio doing games were amazing. I feel bad for people who never heard Vin.

fan62

Reaction score
I would rather watch that final game of the world cup 7 times over, before having to watch 30 minutes of that comedy scoring indoor football league.
Plus I think the NFL is about the same way. Anything over 45 total points is ridiculous.

But than again I think they ought to do away with every thing but the last 10 minutes of an NBA game. They first 90% of an NBA game is worth nothing in 90% of the games played.
Why not add 1 more full time out for each team, than the NBA 10 minute shoot fest could go 90 minutes with all the commercials and your set. Probably the most boring game I have ever witnessed.

Kobal

Reaction score
Some respectable adult members here are acting like children when it comes to Soccer.

Love this thread. Very entertaining. :p:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Hostile;3459493 said:
Per the Events calendar Club America vs. San Luis.

i've heard of club america but never heard of san luis. no disrespect meant to either team but they're hardly glamour names in world football that are going to attract a big crowd.

Biggems;3459539 said:
both sides riot and people die on a match by match basis....

except thats no-where near true.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
DallasEast;3459821 said:
Which part? The "rioting & dying" part or the "match by match" part?

the making it sound like a weekly occurence part. how many people died at a match in recent years? heck how many riots were there? if it happens once its a problem but lets not pretend it happens week in week out at every football ground throughout the world. as i've said previously i've been going to games for twenty plus years in four different countries and have only seen hooliganism once in that time. even then it was a bar fight rather than a riot.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
daschoo;3459713 said:
i've heard of club america but never heard of san luis. no disrespect meant to either team but they're hardly glamour names in world football that are going to attract a big crowd.

except thats no-where near true.

more people die every year in soccer riots than in shark attacks, yet sharks are villified for merely doing what comes natural (eating), while no one gives a second that to the evil of soccer.....

Soccer = evil