World Cup is boring

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This was true in the USA/Belguim knockout round game in 2014 World Cup. It was 0-0 heading into extra time but Tim Howard was playing out of his mind that day. Belgium had so many chances to blow out the USA but Howard was a monster. It's the same when a hockey goalie is standing on his head in the playoffs. Very entertaining. Plus the USA had a chance at the very end of regulation time to score a goal to advance but just missed. Near misses can be just as exciting if not more than actual goals. The buildup of a goal and how it transpires is what I enjoy about soccer.

Exactly, and that's what makes football the beautiful game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
World Cup games aren't boring, unless you're an NBA-type who needs to see points every 20 seconds even though most games won't be decided until the final 5 minutes, regardless of all those scores. :rolleyes:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Another option would be to shorten the field or decrease the players on the field for each side by 2 or something similar.

The pitch can be between 70 and 80 yards wide and 100 and 110 yards long. As a general rule the better teams will set their pitch near the maximum allowed size and poor teams will play on a short narrow pitch to deny the better teams space.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I like rugby. It truly is remarkable how it and soccer can somehow get by without stopping the game 50 times.

But what cracks me up is how conditioned Americans are to TV time outs. Some people almost seem offended if the concept is criticized.
You have to be able to pee without missing some of the game beer watch the game time out pee get more beer watch the game It is a timing thing they are just being considerate knowing most people do not watch those commercials cause they are in the baff room

Londonboy

Reaction score
You have to be able to pee without missing some of the game beer watch the game time out pee get more beer watch the game It is a timing thing they are just being considerate knowing most people do not watch those commercials cause they are in the baff room
I can pause live TV, has that technology not reached Y'all yet?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The pitch can be between 70 and 80 yards wide and 100 and 110 yards long. As a general rule the better teams will set their pitch near the maximum allowed size and poor teams will play on a short narrow pitch to deny the better teams space.

so if more space means easier to score, then keep it long take out a player or two. make the goal bigger. But to me, the best thing to do is alter the offsides.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
so if more space means easier to score, then keep it long take out a player or two. make the goal bigger. But to me, the best thing to do is alter the offsides.

Fifa is going to change it for you tomorrow and the MLB is going to remove two players from their field as well. :lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2-0 Belgium in the first 15 minutes of the game. You want goals you got them.

You see what happens when a goal is actually scored early. The penalty kick jump started everything.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Tunisia? How does the US not get in over some of these countries. Pretty sad.
Teams qualify by the continent they are in, the USA didn't win enough games in North America so their out. USA will automatically get in for 2026 because the USA will be the host and the World Cup is increasing to 48 teams soon so America will have a easier time getting in from 2026 onwards.