World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Air Force One

Reaction score
Just want to say I really enjoyed this thread with you guys....actually a lot more friendly than some of the Cowboy threads despite the high level of heartbreak we have endured.

Was really hoping to put all the long seasons of the past behind us but instead it just keeps on rolling.

rcaldw

Reaction score
You know what is sad? Literally, we might not see another Rangers WS appearance in our lifetime. The Astros have one in their entire existence, and the Rangers have 2. You don't go 3 times in a row.

That is why, even though you can't do anything but praise Wash for getting them there back to back, he just isn't the right guy for the chess matches. He just isnt.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Air Force One;4208020 said:
Just want to say I really enjoyed this thread with you guys....actually a lot more friendly than some of the Cowboy threads despite the high level of heartbreak we have endured.

Was really hoping to put all the long seasons of the past behind us but instead it just keeps on rolling.

Hey, same here for me guys. I've enjoyed it. Have someone to share thoughts and even grumblings with :) during the game.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Yup. It was cool hanging out with all you fellas. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle finish, but I'm losing hope pretty fast.

rcaldw

Reaction score
jimmy40;4208022 said:
will Nelson Cruz be forever known as the Bill Buckner of 2011?

On baseball network today, they put the blame on the defensive alignment. They were not in a true no doubles alignment. That is on the coaching.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score

I'm with you. It was fun guys. I hope to see all of you next year.

rcaldw

Reaction score
jimmy40;4208029 said:
did they just say 41 walks this series?

C.J. set a major league record for walks in a combined playoffs. He has 19 entering today's game.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4208024 said:
Yup. It was cool hanging out with all you fellas. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle finish, but I'm losing hope pretty fast.

Same here, it was a lot of fun. The season long thread we had was even more fun. Maybe that's where we messed up, should have stayed in that thread. So is everyone in agreement that we should blame nyc (Sam I am). Haha, just kidding, he was one of the biggest Ranger supporters all season.

jimmy40

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208026 said:
On baseball network today, they put the blame on the defensive alignment. They were not in a true no doubles alignment. That is on the coaching.
but then they were when they couldn't have a single score the guy from second. :bang2: no matter what that was the most pitiful attempt to catch a fly ball I think I've ever seen out of anyone in the majors.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208032 said:
C.J. set a major league record for walks in a combined playoffs. He has 19 entering today's game.

Major League record for recording a loss in the ASG, DS, CS, and WS. Just wasn't his playoffs.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Embrace the curse. That's all you can do. We're probably not gonna make the World Series for a LONG time, maybe not even the ALCS. They tried going all the way with an offense in its prime but it just wasn't enough. Now you gotta continue to look for the future. It's time to pin our next hopes on the likes of Martin Perez and Leonys Martin. This was the last gasp for the Michael Young-led Rangers. A new era has to start now

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208035 said:
Same here, it was a lot of fun. The season long thread we had was even more fun. Maybe that's where we messed up, should have stayed in that thread. So is everyone in agreement that we should blame nyc (Sam I am). Haha, just kidding, he was one of the biggest Ranger supporters all season.

I can't wait for spring training. Maybe we can do a Rangers offseason thread?