World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
****** Hamilton, run it out. Your give a **** attitude has pissed me off all year. (crap, I said I wouldn't hate on anyone)

rcaldw

Reaction score
I know this is heresy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Young traded for value somewhere. He's a tease.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4208041 said:
Embrace the curse. That's all you can do. We're probably not gonna make the World Series for a LONG time, maybe not even the ALCS. They tried going all the way with an offense in its prime but it just wasn't enough. Now you gotta continue to look for the future. It's time to pin our next hopes on the likes of Martin Perez and Leonys Martin. This was the last gasp for the Michael Young-led Rangers. A new era has to start now

We're not blowing up the team.

rcaldw

Reaction score
This game was really given away in the bottom of the 1st. When we went up 2-0 and then gave it right back to them, it was over.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
windward;4208042 said:
I can't wait for spring training. Maybe we can do a Rangers offseason thread?

I'm game for that. I don't think it will be a particularly busy off-season though.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
windward;4208053 said:
Went out meekly that inning.

The meat of the order too.

Bleh. How freaking disappointing. Last night was just a huge punch in the gonads. HOW DID WE BLOW THAT?!?!?!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208051 said:
I'm game for that. I don't think it will be a particularly busy off-season though.

Yep, when you are one strike away from a title all you can do is go try again next year. This team was good enough to win it all.

gmoney112

Reaction score
How many teams have been one strike away from winning a World Series and then lost?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
gmoney112;4208059 said:
How many teams have been one strike away from winning a World Series and then lost?

Not sure, and to do it twice. We were just cursed.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208051 said:

I'm ready for next season already. To come so close and not close the deal...

Gosh I want a World Series title so bad.

Hopefully the Cowboys can give us a deep playoff run so we can jump straight into spring training.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Not blowing it up but there will definitely be a lot of new faces. Elvis is the only young guy this team has outside of the pitchers. Josh Hamilton needs to spend more time at DH during the season because he is injury-prone. Kinsler will probably be a casualty after 2012 since Cruz and Napoli will need to be locked up now.

It's all about going all in and making a deal for Clayton Kershaw next summer though...that's the best move this team could make. I'd trade almost anyone for him

CowTech

Reaction score
Now that it is over, I can give props to the Cardinals - something I refused to do while the series was ongoing. Call it luck, skill or whatever, but to do what they did is truly remarkable. They may have had to sell their soul to the devil, but they will be celebrating tonight. I'm a huge Ranger fan and will be back rooting again next season. My financial support towards them won't be the same, like it matters, but I will watch on TV for sure. Never thought sports could crush me this bad, but it did. On the flip side I don't have cancer or anything so not like this really matters in the grand scheme of things. Let's go Cowboys on Sunday!!!

Air Force One

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4208056 said:
The meat of the order too.

Bleh. How freaking disappointing. Last night was just a huge punch in the gonads. HOW DID WE BLOW THAT?!?!?!

To me, tonight is even worse in some ways. Our guys slept on last night's loss and didn't hate the feeling so much that they came out today and won no matter what. They decided they still have their families and their health and that it's just a game and they played with exactly that attitude tonight.