Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess I should answer the question;
regardless of how I compare the QB, you asked how do we think the Giants fans would rate them.
No doubt, they would rate Eli higher...imo.

Exactly. The question is from the Giants perspective. While some may say Romo, the majority would say Eli. Just like our board would say Tony if the question was turned around.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess I should answer the question;
regardless of how I compare the QB, you asked how do we think the Giants fans would rate them.
No doubt, they would rate Eli higher...imo.
Exactly. If the question of the thread was who is the better QB? I think most would say Romo.

But if you're asking what a Giants fan would say? You can use any stat you want to back your claim but a Giants fan would more likely than not say Eli.

Throw Brad Johnson into that mix also....

I don't know why you guys use this argument lol. No matter how much you guys hate Eli he and Romo are the same caliber of quarterback. Both are 2nd tier QB's in this league. Comparing Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer to Dan Marino.....that's just insane. I don't know why that's the go to argument to knock Eli's 2 championship runs.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
not the same playoff game I was referring to--Eli had 0 TDs and a 72 rating in the other one vs GB--but thanks for sharing that one.
And yes, I would not deny that he has a few nice games in the post season to go with his average and terrible ones.
The was that he could play really bad and they actually won a few of those anyway.

Ohhhh... The orher game.

Eli 251 yards - no TD's but no game losing ints like Favre with 2
Burress 151 yards receiving plus Toomer almost 200 yards receiving total

Who was throwing y ball? Coughlin?

24 first downs to green bays 13

A few as in two wild card runs = 8 games including Super Bowls.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. If the question of the thread was who is the better QB? I think most would say Romo.

But if you're asking what a Giants fan would say? You can use any stat you want to back your claim but a Giants fan would more likely than not say Eli.

I don't know why you guys use this argument lol. No matter how much you guys hate Eli he and Romo are the same caliber of quarterback. Both are 2nd tier QB's in this league. Comparing Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer to Dan Marino.....that's just insane. I don't know why that's the go to argument to knock Eli's 2 championship runs.

To an extent but I think should the Cowboys achieve a SB with Romo then his numbers surpass Eli a great deal. Frankly Romo numbers do stack up with the top QB's but the team achievement has not been meant which for some they will judge a QB by that team achievement. As for saying bad things about Eli I have always been good about keeping the fact of who a player plays for out of the discussion. Eli has been a very up and down QB he will go out and have a very good season and the following year looks like he has no clue as to what is going on. You look at 2013 season 18 TD and 27 ints? This is not what is or should be expected from a top QB.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think it's because they roughly started around the same time, they play within the division twice a year and the teams love to lay claim to having the best QB. If Philly or Washington ever get a decent QB, the same discussion will be had with those teams as well.

I guess.... I really dont know if there is a good reason?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If Romo and the Cowboys win a SB it will be because as a team and organization we were better than the rest. I beg to differ, the CEO does have control the QB however only controls the offense, he does not play defense nor special teams. He is important no doubt about it. The HC is the CEO

OK, let me make this a lil clearer: the QB is the CEO on the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, let me make this a lil clearer: the QB is the CEO on the field.

He may be the CEO on the offense but until they start playing both way he has little to do with how the defense does. If the QB controlled all aspect then I would agree but fact is he does not.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He may be the CEO on the offense but until they start playing both way he has little to do with how the defense does. If the QB controlled all aspect then I would agree but fact is he does not.

OK, let me try for a second time: The QB is the acknoledged leader of the team. On the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, let me try for a second time: The QB is the acknoledged leader of the team. On the field.

Yes he is a leader but he is also limited in what he can control. Again he does not play on defense can't do a damn thing about it, he does not play special teams. Yet he is the reason for a win or a loss? Make no sense what so ever. I can under stand a golfer or tennis player they control every aspect of their game a QB does not he can only control so much yet is to take the blame. I agree people say things like this but starting to think people are stupid. lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes he is a leader but he is also limited in what he can control. Again he does not play on defense can't do a damn thing about it, he does not play special teams. Yet he is the reason for a win or a loss? Make no sense what so ever. I can under stand a golfer or tennis player they control every aspect of their game a QB does not he can only control so much yet is to take the blame. I agree people say things like this but starting to think people are stupid. lol

So is a CEO limited in what she can control! She can't rush shipments of coal oil, she can't make sure the sprockets are in place so a stagecoach does not derail. Yet she is held responsible for whatever calamity come her way. And if she do good then the bonus come and the coveted fruit basket and gift set of towels -- the bonus come to her and not to the little guys on the assembling line or the shipping yard.
Get some perspective on this, man!!!
th

You are driving me nutz!!!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So is a CEO limited in what she can control! She can't rush shipments of coal oil, she can't make sure the sprockets are in place so a stagecoach does not derail. Yet she is held responsible for whatever calamity come her way. And if she do good then the bonus come and the coveted fruit basket and gift set of towels -- the bonus come to her and not to the little guys on the assembling line or the shipping yard.
th

I dropped in late. What am I missing here?

Dig the hair pulling guy, by the way... Nice touch.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I dropped in late. What am I missing here?

Dig the hair pulling guy, by the way... Nice touch.

Sahib you half missed much but you are wise and can catch up.

in a nutsack: Doomsday is picking on me again. me, a naive but handsome and honest son from the Hills of Farmers Branch.

Corso

Reaction score

I appreciate the subversive subtext going on here.
And, I must say- I'm enjoying it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
th

no but they are accountable for all, they hire the people who are in place they have much control. I have perspective on this, anyone acting as if it is all the QB do not know a damn thing about football. HC has a lot more control, QB controls the offense nothing more and to act as if he does it just stupid. There are 3 phase’s offense, defense and special teams and the QB only controls one of those phases

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I appreciate the subversive subtext going on here.
And, I must say- I'm enjoying it!

You will hear coach after coach say the same thing. QB get too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses, why? Because it is the truth, media and talking heads can go on and on about it is all on the QB but until the QB controls all phases he can only be responsible for his own role
I will say poor QB play will get you beat faster than any other position but you can have a QB go out throw for 500 yards put up 5 TD passes and lose how in the heck is it the QB fault that the defense could not stop the opposing team?

Corso

Reaction score
You will hear coach after coach say the same thing. QB get too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses, why? Because it is the truth, media and talking heads can go on and on about it is all on the QB but until the QB controls all phases he can only be responsible for his own role
I will say poor QB play will get you beat faster than any other position but you can have a QB go out throw for 500 yards put up 5 TD passes and lose how in the heck is it the QB fault that the defense could not stop the opposing team?

I wasn't disputing you in any way, shape, or form. I was addressing something altogether different, but now maybe I was assuming too much...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Aha! So we are at the juncture of "The truth."
I half no use for truth, only cliches, generalisms, hearsay and anacedotal evidence and when pressed, plausible deniability.
If a coach speak of the "truthk," run, because you know and I know and Bob Dole know that coaches do not speak the truth or say the truth. They will talk around the issue as in "that Ray Rice bring energy to the team and is intelligent and a hard-worker."
The QB is the leader the CEO and the winner or loser. That is the way of the land. It is not fair but it is reality. A QB "win" or "loses" super bowls and games and in games of dice. Even the quarterback will say it, he say: "I half to do better" to quote Romo. He didn't say "My steam stink like a stinkin' badger" he say "I made poor choices." That implies to me and I infer that he take responsibility.
One more inpertinent reply from you and I will turn you over to Corso who will knock you out!