Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys use this argument lol. No matter how much you guys hate Eli he and Romo are the same caliber of quarterback. Both are 2nd tier QB's in this league.

No they're not. Not at all. Romo (97.6) is the 2nd highest rated QB in the history of the NFL. Eli (82.4) is 42nd. That's not even in the same universe. Romo is consistently a highly rated QB who has never had a rating of less than 90. Eli is the epitome of inconsistent and has led the league in turnovers multiple times. Eli is a disaster when he doesn't have protection. Romo makes positive plays a majority of the time regardless of the circumstances. Romo's postseason QB rating is higher than Eli's and Tony has a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio in the playoffs (which is outstanding). Romo led the entire NFL in passer rating last season and was named All-Pro. Oh yeah, he did that with broken bones in his back too. He is NOT a 2nd tier QB. I don't know what tier Eli is on but it's CLEARLY below Tony Romo's tier.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Was Plunkett better then Fouts? Well, Plunkett might have been better if he had an opportunity to go to a good team earlier on in his career. Most people never really saw Plunkett at his peak. When he got to the Raiders, he was pretty beaten up already. Yet he still managed to win. I don't know if he was better or not but I don't think it matters.
Obviously it matters if you're trying to answer the question. The point is that "At the end of the day, Super Bowls are how QBs are ultimately judged" isn't a true statement. If you really judged quarterbacks by their Super Bowl performances, you'd be talking about Plunkett's 120+ rating in his two Super Bowl wins. But you're not. You're talking about the Plunkett you saw game in, game out -- because that's how you judge quarterbacks.

zack

Reaction score
Exactly. The question is from the Giants perspective. While some may say Romo, the majority would say Eli. Just like our board would say Tony if the question was turned around.

The Super Bowl victories were really outliers in his career. And even then, he still was inconsistent during both seasons they won. It's not like the Giants were on fire all season long.

zack

Reaction score
No they're not. Not at all. Romo (97.6) is the 2nd highest rated QB in the history of the NFL. Eli (82.4) is 42nd. That's not even in the same universe. Romo is consistently a highly rated QB who has never had a rating of less than 90. Eli is the epitome of inconsistent and has led the league in turnovers multiple times. Eli is a disaster when he doesn't have protection. Romo makes positive plays a majority of the time regardless of the circumstances. Romo's postseason QB rating is higher than Eli's and Tony has a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio in the playoffs (which is outstanding). Romo led the entire NFL in passer rating last season and was named All-Pro. Oh yeah, he did that with broken bones in his back too. He is NOT a 2nd tier QB. I don't know what tier Eli is on but it's CLEARLY below Tony Romo's tier.

Wow! Just wow. You nailed it here....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bull****.

if you're going to say only BLING matters, then this list fits your very narrow criteria, just not in the way you wanted it to. so no, i won't take 1 twisted fact by an agenda pushing poster who refuses to apply the very same logic in all situations. to NOT do that is self-serving, agenda based, and typical of todays society.

you wanna run around and say a lot of foolish things, go ahead. it's a free country and all. but you sure seem to get surprised when people notice it.

I have no agenda. Romo has not always made the right decisions. Romo has caused losses singlehandedly.
I can root and support him without excuses.

Fact is.... He hadn't gotten it done.... Yet. Not a twisted facts just a fact. He has been the biggest reason in many games.

The Super Bowl victories were really outliers in his career. And even then, he still was inconsistent during both seasons they won. It's not like the Giants were on fire all season long.

Outliers?

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I have no agenda. Romo has not always made the right decisions. Romo has caused losses singlehandedly.

Fact is.... He hadn't gotten it done.... Yet. Not a twisted facts just a fact. He has been the biggest reason in many games.

Outliers?

Fact is..

Bye bye.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No, don't go. We can disagree.

disagreeing is cool. one sided agendas where every scenario anyone bothers to paint is shot down in a guffaw and NO bLInG!!!! what's the point? no other qb is held to this singular standard you created. again, YOU created. you apply that across the board to be fair, or you apply it to one and show your bias for the world to see. either way, i've argued with 3 year old grout and had a better chance of getting an intelligent response. you've made me miss those days and for that, i thank you.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Romo is no longer defendable - he needs to put his team in the Super Bowl.

Ask yourself this ; in the biggest game of their career - Eli , Peyton , Brady, whomever - would they only throw the ball 19 times ?

Romo's 19 throws v GB was a scared display.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
In all fairness, he doesn't have our offensive line. And to be honest, if I was a Giants fan, no way would I admit Romo was better.

This right here.

I'd be surprised if Giants fans would say Romo was better than their two time Superbowl champions.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

Ask yourself this ; in the biggest game of their career - Eli , Peyton , Brady, whomever - would they only throw the ball 19 times ?

ask yourself this - is there any possibility in the world, fictional or otherwise, i could ever get my 3 seconds of life wasted in reading this back?

i'll call the 18 second reply my investment into a good guffaw for the day.

zack

Reaction score

Outliers?

Outliers........

• 1. One that lives or is located outside or at the edge of a given area. outliers of the forest standing in the field.
  • 2. One that exists outside or at an extreme of a category, pattern, or expectation; an extreme case or exception.
  • 3. A value far from most others in a set of data.

Seems to define Eli pretty spot on.....

Why so serious.... :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
disagreeing is cool. one sided agendas where every scenario anyone bothers to paint is shot down in a guffaw and NO bLInG!!!! what's the point? no other qb is held to this singular standard you created. again, YOU created. you apply that across the board to be fair, or you apply it to one and show your bias for the world to see. either way, i've argued with 3 year old grout and had a better chance of getting an intelligent response. you've made me miss those days and for that, i thank you.

Disagreeing is fine.

Agenda - I don't have one. At all.

I didnt create any standard. He has to do certain things better. Personally, I thin he left a Super Bowl out there already due to his Favre-ness.

3 year old grout and intelligent response? I don't agree with you so that is unintelligent? Really?

You see zero validity to anything I have posted? If you are being honest you KNOW what I am talking about. You hand me haves lived through these games I am referring to.

Just win the Super Bowl.

That's all that matters.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Outliers........

• 1. One that lives or is located outside or at the edge of a given area. outliers of the forest standing in the field.
  • 2. One that exists outside or at an extreme of a category, pattern, or expectation; an extreme case or exception.
  • 3. A value far from most others in a set of data.
Seems to define Eli pretty spot on.....

Why so serious.... :)

Ok. Lol ;-)

Here is what I say.

When Eli has has the right team around how. He got it done twice.

Romo has had at least 2 teams that were good enough... Maybe three... We know he hasn't gotten it done.

I don't hate Romo. I just want that to change.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aha! So we are at the juncture of "The truth."
I half no use for truth, only cliches, generalisms, hearsay and anacedotal evidence and when pressed, plausible deniability.
If a coach speak of the "truthk," run, because you know and I know and Bob Dole know that coaches do not speak the truth or say the truth. They will talk around the issue as in "that Ray Rice bring energy to the team and is intelligent and a hard-worker."
The QB is the leader the CEO and the winner or loser. That is the way of the land. It is not fair but it is reality. A QB "win" or "loses" super bowls and games and in games of dice. Even the quarterback will say it, he say: "I half to do better" to quote Romo. He didn't say "My steam stink like a stinkin' badger" he say "I made poor choices." That implies to me and I infer that he take responsibility.
One more inpertinent reply from you and I will turn you over to Corso who will knock you out!

For simple minds sure I guess you can believe that however the truth and facts are different. When QB is playing both ways I will agree with you until then move along little sheep the talking heads has to buying into their BS

SDCowboy

Reaction score

:laugh: ... :facepalm:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Disagreeing is fine.

Agenda - I don't have one. At all.

I didnt create any standard. He has to do certain things better. Personally, I thin he left a Super Bowl out there already due to his Favre-ness.

3 year old grout and intelligent response? I don't agree with you so that is unintelligent? Really?

You see zero validity to anything I have posted? If you are being honest you KNOW what I am talking about. You hand me haves lived through these games I am referring to.

Just win the Super Bowl.

That's all that matters.

then again, that makes dilfer better than marino.

here comes your NO IT DOESN'T response where you yet again fail to see that you're applying a standard to ONE qb and that's where your attention span ends.

have a wonderful life w/o me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Obviously it matters if you're trying to answer the question. The point is that "At the end of the day, Super Bowls are how QBs are ultimately judged" isn't a true statement. If you really judged quarterbacks by their Super Bowl performances, you'd be talking about Plunkett's 120+ rating in his two Super Bowl wins. But you're not. You're talking about the Plunkett you saw game in, game out -- because that's how you judge quarterbacks.

We disagree. As prolific as Marino or Fouts or any of those guys were, they are not generally in the discussion of greatest. It's no problem.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
then again, that makes dilfer better than marino.

here comes your NO IT DOESN'T response where you yet again fail to see that you're applying a standard to ONE qb and that's where your attention span ends.

have a wonderful life w/o me.

What standard?

I am simply talking about getting it done or not. Don't dig. All of what I am saying is on the surface.