Would you be for or against the idea of Sean Payton returning to the Cowboys?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personnel meaning Linehan, yes.

Blah blah blah...without reading my original post is exactly why I equated you to a 10 year old at best.

For the 5th time I’ve given him credit for his offense, are you blind, stupid or both? Or perhaps you purposely ignore that I’ve already said that several times so you can continue to make things I up to help make you look better.

Love how I’ve answered every question of yours but you fail to go back and read them then you continue to evade my question about HC’s calling their own plays and call me childish. Way to turn the tables and say exactly what I already said about you. You sound like a mindless parrot who just repeats what other other e say without an original thought of your own.

I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to put you on ignore, you’re literally worthless and have contributed almost nothing in the several repsonses of garble you’ve posted in reposnse to my one comment which you can’t decipher what my point was even though it’s quite clear.

Adios Richard, god knows how many hours I’ve wasted going in circles with you and getting nowhere. Go take a reading comprehension class then pm me and maybe I’ll take you off of ignore so we can have an adult conversation with open dialogue that doesn’t include cherry picking comments, completely ignoring things I’ve said, answering questions instead of finger pointing and not being a schmuck in general which no class will help so you'll be stuck with that for life.

Reply all you want, I won’t see it but I’ll predict it’s more questions in which I’ve already provided answers to, more interpretations of things I never said and more flat out lies to help you feel better about yourself. Later yo.

Ah yes, "Ignore", the refuge for the small-minded and immature, who can't handle any differences of opinion.

Thanks for showing me and everyone else, exactly where your maturity level lies, while referring to anyone else as a "10 year old".

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This rumor has been floating around for a couple years now. I’d say next year is the more likely time for it. But I’d be hugely in favor of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not sure. Payton gets a lot of credit, but he also has had issues, and has only advanced in the playoffs when he had a D and running game.

Of course, w/ what I think about Linehan, I'd more than welcome him if he is calling plays!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly!

Befor payton romo and Brees were both average quarterbacks with limited skill sets.

He helped transform 1 into a hall of famer and the other into a 3rd ballot cowboys ring of honor candidate

I’m not saying Payton isn’t a good coach, but let’s look at his realistically, First, there was no time “before Payton” in which Romo was an average QB. Payton was with the Cowboys the day Romo came in, and left before Romo ever played a single regular season snap at QB. Payton likely played a part in Romo’s early development while Romo was the 3rd string QB, but there was no before and after to judge from. As for Brees, he actually played well in San Diego before being paired with Payton, even making the Pro Bowl once. Much of the reason the stats went up so much in New Orleans was because he went from throwing 400-500 passes a season to throwing over 600 passes a season. Again, Payton would have been part of helping Brees along, but I don’t see that there was any magic. Payton took an already quality QB and plugged him into a heavy pass based offense.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Garrett as this point is the same smell that hits you in the face when you open an empty refrigerator that's been unplugged for awhile. Musty and stale

nobody

Reaction score
Yes, but a hesitant yes. I'm only hesitant because of one thing: How many Head Coaches have won a SB with more than one team? Yeah. Still, he'd be a vast upgrade so the yes stands.

DezNuts

Reaction score
The thing I don't understand, why does Garret get crucified and people drool over a guy like Sean Payton who has had more losing seasons in the past 6 years than Garret, while having Drew Brees as his QB and this year is his first time getting passed the divisional round since winning the superbowl in 2009.

nobody

Reaction score
The thing I don't understand, why does Garret get crucified and people drool over a guy like Sean Payton who has had more losing seasons in the past 6 years than Garret, while having Drew Brees as his QB and this year is his first time getting passed the divisional round since winning the superbowl in 2009.

I forget, how many times has Garrett made it past the divisional round? Oh, right... Payton's made it to the SB and won, and is now back in the conference championship. Payton makes adjustments and changes when needed. Garrett is happiest just telling his players to "play better" and thinks that's all the adjustments that need to be made.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Idgit and Dre - they both defend Garrett like they're blood relatives.
Even your own blood relatives you have real issues with, but it can get clouded if someone attacks them. But there are times you hate them intensely and can point out faults with emotion.

Tell it like it is. It is zealotry.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think this is just sort of troll bot that is trying to gaslight everyone. No way this is a real person.

DezNuts

Reaction score
I think this is just sort of troll bot that is trying to gaslight everyone. No way this is a real person.

What in my post is wrong? Hes had more losing seasons in the past 6 years than Garret and has gotten to 1 championship game in 10 years with the great Drew Brees. The saints went 7-9 three out of 4 years from 2012-2016. You don't think everyone here would have been calling for his head? Sorry, I don't just roll with the mob mentality around here. Do I love Garret? No, but it amuses me how people wanna dump Garret for a guy that has made 1 nfc championship game in 10 years with Drew Brees as his QB.

Alexander

Reaction score
What in my post is wrong? Hes had more losing seasons in the past 6 years than Garret and has gotten to 1 championship game in 10 years with the great Drew Brees. The saints went 7-9 three out of 4 years from 2012-2016. You don't think everyone here would have been calling for his head? Sorry, I don't just roll with the mob mentality around here. Do I love Garret? No, but it amuses me how people wanna dump Garret for a guy that has made 1 nfc championship game in 10 years with Drew Brees as his QB.
So what have all of these "winning" seasons got you? Zero.

Let's try and pretend that making the NFC Championship game is like a pretend Super Bowl. Well. Payton is pretty decent there too.

I guess by your backhanded slap about having Brees, so you are saying Garrett has been shackled by horrible QBs?

Tread lightly here, young sportsman. You might actually find yourself pissing off some natives.

gmoney112

Reaction score
giphy.gif

I just can't see Sean being, not only Jerry's underling but Jason's as well, essentially being 3rd in command. It's going to be someone that won't buck the establishment. I think Sean retires from the league before he comes to Dallas to just be an OC.

DezNuts

Reaction score
So what have all of these "winning" seasons got you? Zero.

Let's try and pretend that making the NFC Championship game is like a pretend Super Bowl. Well. Payton is pretty decent there too.

I guess by your backhanded slap about having Brees, so you are saying Garrett has been shackled by horrible QBs?

Tread lightly here, young sportsman. You might actually find yourself pissing off some natives.

No actually hes not pretty decent at that too. 1 in 10 years. HOF QB. Thats McCarthy bad. Y'all can go fawn over this guy and say hes had more success all you want. 2009 folks, since then 3 7-9 seasons, I won't pin the fourth 7-9 on him since he was suspended that year from coaching. No NFCC games until this year. Hes been riding the coattails of Drew Brees and they will lose to the Rams this Sunday too.

I'm all for a coaching change if its an upgrade, which in my opinion Sean Payton is very questionable if he is indeed an upgrade.

zerofill

Reaction score
He is an upgrade in the fact that he will call plays that have a chance of making yards. He won't call 750 screens. But, he isn't coming here unless he is stupid. No one wants to work with Jerry calling the shots, and making decisions that should be coach decisions.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'd be for it but it's not happening in the next 2 years. Probably wont happen tbh.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but a hesitant yes. I'm only hesitant because of one thing: How many Head Coaches have won a SB with more than one team? Yeah. Still, he'd be a vast upgrade so the yes stands.

A low number, if any, for sure. But repeat champions are pretty rare as well. But there's a first time for everything.

It's a valid concern but Payton's track record eases my worries about it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When was Garrett's "first time getting past the divisional round since winning the Super Bowl?" I think there's where you'll find your answer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How many did Garrett get to with Tony Romo as his quarterback?

Payton and the Saints went through a rebuild, it happens to everybody. It's been a Garrett excuse for 8 years running.

Payton has been to the top of the mountain, and he's close once again. Garrett never has. End of argument.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Payton but I wonder what the reaction here would be if his offense pulls a stinker as NO did vs Dallas. Evidently we had all these tip offs on defense that the Rams were able to exploit yet Payton with the NFL #1 QB could not figure out.