Would you be for or against the idea of Sean Payton returning to the Cowboys?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
new-orleans-saints-fans.jpg
She definetly has the 3 middle letters on that bottom word...

aria

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the "dense" guy. You ignore everything that doesn't fit your preconceived agenda and I'm the dense one! No, the point is that Garrett is responsible for fixing neither the offense nor the defense. You want to criticize Payton for doing one thing well while we have a coach doing neither well. That doesn't make sense. And we already have a defense that played well for the most part.

This team has the defense, so they wouldn't.

So don't tell me what you're not saying, tell me what you are saying. What's your point?
Please elaborate on what I’ve ignored and what exactly my “preconceived agenda” is since I don’t even know yet according to you I’m the one who has one.

Pretty sure JG doesn’t have near the authority to make the same decisions Payton does so I don’t know how exactly you think that JG can fix the offense. Jerry directly said on local radio within the past two days that he is the one responsible for personnel decisions, if that were the case for Payton his results may not be any better.

And while you continue to overlook the fact that I have already given Payton props multiple times for his offense and would be better than JG, he has also had a HOF QB and horrendous defenses which is why he would have one of the highest scoring offenses yet still managed to have 3 losing seasons in the past 5 years which is worse than JG with much less talent at QB.

What’s my point? Go back to my original statement, it’s quite clear. As always, you came at me with some nonsense, continue to spew garbage, and infer things I never said and in some cases explicitly contradicted what you accused me of. Then you act as if I’m the one who started all of this...lol, it’s always the same story with you. I suggest you go back, read my original post in this thread and figure out what exactly my point was because it was quite cut and dry until you decided to get into a battle of semantics.

Go troll someone else, you’re not good at it and you bore me. I could have a better conversation with my 10 year old nephew, at least he processes the information and asks logical questions not already answered before rambling on about practically nothing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please elaborate on what I’ve ignored and what exactly my “preconceived agenda” is since I don’t even know yet according to you I’m the one who has one.

Pretty sure JG doesn’t have near the authority to make the same decisions Payton does so I don’t know how exactly you think that JG can fix the offense. Jerry directly said on local radio within the past two days that he is the one responsible for personnel decisions, if that were the case for Payton his results may not be any better.

And you mistakenly also think that the issues with Dallas' offense are in personnel? You are consistent. Consistently wrong.

And while you continue to overlook the fact that I have already given Payton props multiple times for his offense and would be better than JG, he has also had a HOF QB and horrendous defenses which is why he would have one of the highest scoring offenses yet still managed to have 3 losing seasons in the past 5 years which is worse than JG with much less talent at QB.

Have you? Where? All I've seen from you is "blah, blah, blah, 7-9 record, blah, blah, blah HOF QB" all while not giving the man credit for anything he has done.

What’s my point? Go back to my original statement, it’s quite clear. As always, you came at me with some nonsense, continue to spew garbage, and infer things I never said and in some cases explicitly contradicted what you accused me of. Then you act as if I’m the one who started all of this...lol, it’s always the same story with you. I suggest you go back, read my original post in this thread and figure out what exactly my point was because it was quite cut and dry until you decided to get into a battle of semantics.

Go troll someone else, you’re not good at it and you bore me. I could have a better conversation with my 10 year old nephew, at least he processes the information and asks logical questions not already answered before rambling on about practically nothing.

Seriously? So you can't even bother to answer the question? Wow! That's sad. You obviously can't handle an opposing point of view and choose to lash out the way a child would. It looks like it's you who needs to learn the lesson from kids...

Sheesh!
:facepalm:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is just for conversation purposes based on Jerry Jones' recent comments and some chatter that I've been hearing.

But how would you personally feel about the following scenario:

There are rumors that Drew Brees might call it quits after this season, especially if he and the Saints manage to win the Super Bowl. If that happened, word is that Sean Payton who look to leave the Saints organization as well. And rumor is that he still has a clause in his contract that he can void it upon any changes in ownership (which has occurred already given Tom Benson's passing).

Payton still has a home in Texas and his son plays high school ball here.

Speaking hypothetically at this point, but if Payton was the "opportunity" in the coming weeks that Jones was referring to, would you be for or against the idea of Payton returning to the Cowboys to coach this team?

Does a Bear @@@@ in the woods.....ouahhhhhh!!!!!

aria

Reaction score
And you mistakenly also think that the issues with Dallas' offense are in personnel? You are consistent. Consistently wrong.

Have you? Where? All I've seen from you is "blah, blah, blah, 7-9 record, blah, blah, blah HOF QB" all while not giving the man credit for anything he has done.

Seriously? So you can't even bother to answer the question? Wow! That's sad. You obviously can't handle an opposing point of view and choose to lash out the way a child would. It looks like it's you who needs to learn the lesson from kids...

Sheesh!
:facepalm:
Personnel meaning Linehan, yes.

Blah blah blah...without reading my original post is exactly why I equated you to a 10 year old at best.

For the 5th time I’ve given him credit for his offense, are you blind, stupid or both? Or perhaps you purposely ignore that I’ve already said that several times so you can continue to make things I up to help make you look better.

Love how I’ve answered every question of yours but you fail to go back and read them then you continue to evade my question about HC’s calling their own plays and call me childish. Way to turn the tables and say exactly what I already said about you. You sound like a mindless parrot who just repeats what other other e say without an original thought of your own.

I don’t know why it’s taken me this long to put you on ignore, you’re literally worthless and have contributed almost nothing in the several repsonses of garble you’ve posted in reposnse to my one comment which you can’t decipher what my point was even though it’s quite clear.

Adios Richard, god knows how many hours I’ve wasted going in circles with you and getting nowhere. Go take a reading comprehension class then pm me and maybe I’ll take you off of ignore so we can have an adult conversation with open dialogue that doesn’t include cherry picking comments, completely ignoring things I’ve said, answering questions instead of finger pointing and not being a schmuck in general which no class will help so you'll be stuck with that for life.

Reply all you want, I won’t see it but I’ll predict it’s more questions in which I’ve already provided answers to, more interpretations of things I never said and more flat out lies to help you feel better about yourself. Later yo.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'd be okay with hiring Payton. He's a good offensive mind. Yeah, the 3 straight 7-9 seasons recently isn't a good look, but surely our fanbase wouldn't hold those kinds of middling results against a coach. Surely not.

I'd be pretty worried about how "into it" he really is if he comes here, though. More than most, thanks to his time spent here and his relationship with Parcells, I think he's got an unvarnished look at how annoying it is to babysit the Joneses while trying to do real football work. For that reason, I don't think it's his dream to come here. I think he'd just be doing it because Jerry paid him insane money. Just here to cash a paycheck.

My main worry is I'm not sure how well his success translates to head coaching jobs where he doesn't have the luxury of an all-timer like Brees, though. Payton without the built-in advantage of Brees might be like a top college coach coming to the NFL where they no longer have the built-in advantage of recruiting.

I'd be nervous about some of Payton's decision-making abilities when it comes to the roster, and whether those moves would go over (or if Jerry would veto them, causing him to decide he can't work with Jerry). His quickness to trade away young stars, like Cooks and Graham? If he was allowed to do that here, everyone would hate him. If he wasn't allowed to do it, would he just clash with Jerry about it and quit on us sooner?

I'll tell you what also worries me about him. If he comes here after having traded away the Saints 2019 1st rounder, it makes me wonder if he mortgaged their future on the way out because he knew he was ready to leave and it wouldn't be his problem anymore. If he's willing to leave his team in a hole like that on his way out the door, it worries me about how he'll handle it when he's made up his mind he's done with us.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
This is just for conversation purposes based on Jerry Jones' recent comments and some chatter that I've been hearing.

There are rumors that Drew Brees might call it quits after this season, especially if he and the Saints manage to win the Super Bowl. If that happened, word is that Sean Payton who look to leave the Saints organization as well. And rumor is that he still has a clause in his contract that he can void it upon any changes in ownership (which has occurred already given Tom Benson's passing).

Speaking hypothetically at this point, but if Payton was the "opportunity" in the coming weeks that Jones was referring to, would you be for or against the idea of Payton returning to the Cowboys to coach this team?

Jerry says that Garrett can get a new head coaching job with 5 teams. I have always liked Sean Peyton and
would love for him to return. If Peyton was the new head coach we would also get a new offensive coordinator
and new quarterback coach. I can't wait to see where Red goes. Yes!!!!!!!

lqmac1

Reaction score

I’d give up my kids for him. I don’t have any kids, but if I did you could have them