Would you have traded Romo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
juck;4189783 said:
Look Dirk is a top 5 playoff scorer ever. He consistently has won playoff games and basically owned a teeam with 3 of the top 10 in the league this year and won a ring. Romo cant even hold a 24 pt lead. Romo is beyong a choker. The loser cant even hold a kick for an extra point when the pressure is on. He is not a big game player.

We heard the same nonsense about Dirk. I heard it all around Dallas. "Dirk needs a batman". "Dirk is a robin....", "Dirk sucks"......oh and my favorite one, "Let's let Dirk walk in free agency so we can sign Lebron or Wade".

I've heard all this nonsense before. You continue to cry about Romo "chocking" and i'll continue to watch a quarterback continue to progress into a Super Bowl champion. Will he do it? I don't know. But I can't tell if you guys are rooting for him or against him.

juck

Reaction score
rocyaice;4189784 said:
No he average 19 points on 38% shooting. I'm not arguing Dirk's greatness. But the poster said Romo and Dirk had a similar perception and they did. And superstars are doubled constantly all game. You think Kobe sees single defenders lol? Dirk had a bad series. Whether it was because of him or the Warriors I don't know or care. But the perception Dirk had in his career was that he was a choker. Especially after that NBA Finals series. If you can't see that you either don't remember it or weren't a fan yet.
He had a perception of being "soft" because he is a big white dude. Never percieved as a choker. Mavs? maybe. There again the "soft" label cause their star is white. Keep talking on Dirk and You shall feel a bolt of lightning haha

juck

Reaction score
rocyaice;4189787 said:
We heard the same nonsense about Dirk. I heard it all around Dallas. "Dirk needs a batman". "Dirk is a robin....", "Dirk sucks"......oh and my favorite one, "Let's let Dirk walk in free agency so we can sign Lebron or Wade".

I've heard all this nonsense before. You continue to cry about Romo "chocking" and i'll continue to watch a quarterback continue to progress into a Super Bowl champion. Will he do it? I don't know. But I can't tell if you guys are rooting for him or against him.
I root for him as long as he is a Cowboy. However I dont think he will be much longer. Jones has to see his ways arent the way eventually. But,now, Romo is his guy.How in the world do people not see this guy stinks?

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
I think there are very few players that are worth 2 first round picks, Brady and a healthy P Manning are and Ware would be another in my opinion. Tony Romo is not worth 2 first round picks and neither is Carson Palmer. The Raiders are hoping to strike it rich, it's just as likely that they go bust. So, if I had the oppurtunity to trade Romo for 2 first round picks I would have to make the move.

Craig

juck

Reaction score
craig71;4189792 said:
I think there are very few players that are worth 2 first round picks, Brady and a healthy P Manning are and Ware would be another in my opinion. Tony Romo is not worth 2 first round picks and neither is Carson Palmer. The Raiders are hoping to strike it rich, it's just as likely that they go bust. So, if I had the oppurtunity to trade Romo for 2 first round picks I would have to make the move.

Craig
The Palmer trade is a 1st next year and if they win a playoff game a 1st in 13.
Yea two 1sts for Romeo? OMG thats like hitting the lotto.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
juck;4189791 said:
I root for him as long as he is a Cowboy. However I dont think he will be much longer. Jones has to see his ways arent the way eventually. But,now, Romo is his guy.How in the world do people not see this guy stinks?

Because he keeps taking us to the post season and he's the 5th highest rated qb of all time? It would be easier to say goodbye if he flat out sucks but he doesn't. Even his biggest critiques can see there's something there.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;4189782 said:
Avery Johnson took the Mavs to the NBA Finals.

How'd that turn out for them? He was outcoached and blew a 2-0 series lead. Kinda like the equivalent of blowing a 24 point lead at home in just two quarters. He got scared the next year and managed to get us killed by Golden State by trying to match up with their lineup, instead of sticking with a lineup that got him 67 wins. Then he got fired.

People can blame Romo all they want, but the day he gets solid coaching is the day he takes this team to the next level. He has the skill and talent just like Dirk always did, and he's getting fried in Dallas by fans that are just as dumb who probably supported Avery at the time.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
StarMan;4189494 said:
Ben Ruthlessraper. I hate him, but he's money in the clutch and has 2 rings. And I'd take Rivers over Romo; doesn't make the back-breaking mistakes Romo does.

Go watch San Diego vs NE highlights, or any other charger game from this season.

Rivers hasn't been good, period.

As for the topic, i wouldn't take those picks for Romo. Too hard to find a franchise QB in the NFL these days. Only QBs i'd take over Romo are Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, and that's it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189800 said:
How'd that turn out for them? He was outcoached and blew a 2-0 series lead. Kinda like the equivalent of blowing a 24 point lead at home in just two quarters. He got scared the next year and managed to get us killed by Golden State by trying to match up with their lineup, instead of sticking with a lineup that got him 67 wins. Then he got fired.

People can blame Romo all they want, but the day he gets solid coaching is the day he takes this team to the next level. He has the skill and talent just like Dirk always did, and he's getting fried in Dallas by fans that are just as dumb who probably supported Avery at the time.

LOL its Avery Johnson's fault he couldn't go out there and guard Dwayne Wade? That's why they lost. He wasn't out coached. His team was simply outplayed. And btw, he was in his 1st full year as a head coach. What head coach do you know in his 1st full year as a head coach goes to the NBA Finals?

MegaMagick

Reaction score
dadymat;4189539 said:
and so was the guy in you avatar until they put a solid team around him

Dirk was never a choker, lead his team through many deep playoff runs. WCFs, NBA Finals, you name it, he's been there.

Tony Romo has won exactly one wild card playoff game, '07 was definitely a superbowl caliber team, we proved we were better than the G-Men and Packers in the regular season, but of course we lost in the playoffs.

'06 was a team that could've made a run at it, but of course you had the fumbled snap that ended the season for us.

'09 had all the makings of a superbowl team but Allen and Edwards went beast mode on our oline, so i don't necessarily place the blame on Romo there.

Any QB can win a chip with the Pittsburgh Steelers D, Patriots Oline, and the Green Bay Packers offense. However no QB will ever have that, every team is flawed, but some rise above those flaws and win it all. The 2010 Mavericks were by no means perfect, but they showed plenty of heart and determination which led to a championship.

It's an insult to Dirk really to put the two in the same sentence, Dirk's a future HOFer, Romo still has alot to prove.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;4189815 said:
LOL its Avery Johnson's fault he couldn't go out there and guard Dwayne Wade? That's why they lost. He wasn't out coached. His team was simply outplayed. And btw, he was in his 1st full year as a head coach. What head coach do you know in his 1st full year as a head coach goes to the NBA Finals?

Haha are u seriously on here trying to defend Avery Johnson even after the fact? He coached only the 2nd team in NBA history seeded #1 to elimination by an 8. We wouldn't even have been playing Golden State in the first place had he decided not to tank a game to eliminate them.

I guess this is why people can get on here and still defend Garrett for coaching the two greatest collapses in franchise history in the span of one month.

How can some Dallas fans have such unwavering support for incompetent coaches, but be so willing to quickly throw great players like Dirk and Romo under the bus?

shockandroll

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189846 said:
Haha are u seriously on here trying to defend Avery Johnson even after the fact? He coached only the 2nd team in NBA history seeded #1 to elimination by an 8. We wouldn't even have been playing Golden State in the first place had he decided not to tank a game to eliminate them.

I guess this is why people can get on here and still defend Garrett for coaching the two greatest collapses in franchise history in the span of one month.

How can some Dallas fans have such unwavering support for incompetent coaches, but be so willing to quickly throw great players like Dirk and Romo under the bus?

Many people are simple and need one person to blame. Romo is the easy target because he has the ball the most. It's the same reason people blame Presidents and excuse the Senate and the House for everything.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Some of you folks are really sad around here. We saw what happens this past Sunday when we limit Romo and try to be a conservative running team. Romo is this teams offense...PERIOD. We have no running game to speak of, a line that can't block and receivers that are lazy and don't know their routes or the playbook.

People here won't appreciate this kid until he's gone and that's sad.

Switz

Reaction score
craig71;4189792 said:

Craig
take the raiders out of the mix and no.player including Brady because of his age would net two first round picks except for Rogers. This includes ware and payton. No one would give that with paytons health issues now even if docs say he is healthy.

bluenut

Reaction score
No way. For what?? So JJ can go throw the picks away on more guys like Felix?!..tragic.
Different GM..in a heartbeat!

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
MegaMagick;4189833 said:
Dirk was never a choker, lead his team through many deep playoff runs. WCFs, NBA Finals, you name it, he's been there.

Tony Romo has won exactly one wild card playoff game, '07 was definitely a superbowl caliber team, we proved we were better than the G-Men and Packers in the regular season, but of course we lost in the playoffs.

'06 was a team that could've made a run at it, but of course you had the fumbled snap that ended the season for us.

'09 had all the makings of a superbowl team but Allen and Edwards went beast mode on our oline, so i don't necessarily place the blame on Romo there.

Any QB can win a chip with the Pittsburgh Steelers D, Patriots Oline, and the Green Bay Packers offense. However no QB will ever have that, every team is flawed, but some rise above those flaws and win it all. The 2010 Mavericks were by no means perfect, but they showed plenty of heart and determination which led to a championship.

It's an insult to Dirk really to put the two in the same sentence, Dirk's a future HOFer, Romo still has alot to prove.

thats my point....Dirk wins a ring and all is forgotten.....he choked in 05 against the suns in playoffs....and against the Heat in the first finals even he will say he choked.the whole team choked...and dont get me wrong I love me some Mavs and Dirk...but dont let a trophy cloud your vision, so just stop

and as far as the 07 being a SB caliber team.....Romo was the ONLY reason that team was considered a SB contender...O line sucked....Julius sucked....and the Defense was anything but SB worthy..and the second Romo wins a ring he will be HOF worthy...he already is putting up the numbers over time..he just needs the ring to solidify himself

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
dadymat;4189859 said:
thats my point....Dirk wins a ring and all is forgotten.....he choked in 05 against the suns in playoffs....and against the Heat in the first finals even he will say he choked.the whole team choked...and dont get me wrong I love me some Mavs and Dirk...but dont let a trophy cloud your vision, so just stop

and as far as the 07 being a SB caliber team.....Romo was the ONLY reason that team was considered a SB contender...O line sucked....Julius sucked....and the Defense was anything but SB worthy..and the second Romo wins a ring he will be HOF worthy...he already is putting up the numbers over time..he just needs the ring to solidify himself

I wish Romo would go door to door and pee on all these people's faces but he's too busy being a stud. He's our entire offense essentially. It would be one-two-three-punt cycle if he didn't exist.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189884 said:
I wish Romo would go door to door and pee on all these people's faces but he's too busy being a stud. He's our entire offense essentially. It would be one-two-three-punt cycle if he didn't exist.

Where the do you get this from? Did you see this team last year without Romo?