Would you have traded Romo

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
MegaMagick;4189902 said:
Where the do you get this from? Did you see this team last year without Romo?

Who are u replacing him with this season? Kitna looked pretty bad in relief duty during the rib/lung game. McGee is pretty raw. We've been down the retread route. This offense moves bc of Romo.

birdwells1

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189913 said:
Who are u replacing him with this season? Kitna looked pretty bad in relief duty during the rib/lung game. McGee is pretty raw. We've been down the retread route. This offense moves bc of Romo.
This is not a good enough answer, you said without Romo we'd be 1-2-3 punt and he responded by reminding you of what Kitna did last year. Kitna came into the game cold but when given time to prepare he did a decent impersonation of Romo. So, I wouldn't say that Romo is the only offense we have because Kitna proved last year that is false.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Luck is a senior. I think many thought he would go into last years draft but he elected to stay in school.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
If Romo can play like this for another 5 years, no. If Romo drops off after 2 years, yes.

johnnygt

Reaction score
AZ_Cowboys_Fan;4189928 said:
:laugh2: You're right, maybe he'll go to grad school....
luck is a redshirt juinor if he wants to stay in college he can:)

johnnygt

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;4189922 said:
I'm pretty sure Luck is a senior. I think many thought he would go into last years draft but he elected to stay in school.
luck is a red shirt jr he can play in college next year.:)

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
birdwells1;4189919 said:
This is not a good enough answer, you said without Romo we'd be 1-2-3 punt and he responded by reminding you of what Kitna did last year. Kitna came into the game cold but when given time to prepare he did a decent impersonation of Romo. So, I wouldn't say that Romo is the only offense we have because Kitna proved last year that is false.

At no point last season who anyone have picked Kitna to lead this team over Romo. He was a serviceable stopgap, but it's not like the offense was firing on all cylinders either. This team, as it is currently designed, has its best chance to win when Romo is allowed to do his thing.

birdwells1

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189884 said:
I wish Romo would go door to door and pee on all these people's faces but he's too busy being a stud. He's our entire offense essentially. It would be one-two-three-punt cycle if he didn't exist.

Not saying that Kitna's better than Romo we all know that's not true all I'm saying is that last year when Romo didn't "exist" we did more than 1-2-3 punt we competed and won. This team is bigger than one individual.

Ren

Reaction score
In a heartbeat, we could throw our selves into the Luck sweepstakes with those picks

Romo is here for 3-4 more years tops i doubt all the issues on this offense is sorted out by then and i also doubt Romo can string together enough mistake free games to get us trough the playoffs. The possibility of making a move for Luck could solidify the QB position for the next decade or more

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
birdwells1;4189949 said:
Not saying that Kitna's better than Romo we all know that's not true all I'm saying is that last year when Romo didn't "exist" we did more than 1-2-3 punt we competed and won. This team is bigger than one individual.

You can believe what you want. I'm talking about THIS year since we're in the present with a weak, dysfunctional o-line and no running game whatsoever. Romo is our offense this season. We are going to live or die by his arm.

What's sad, but also makes sense, is that some Cowboys "fans" have less respect and appreciation for him than opponents. Just look at what Rex Ryan had to say. Our guy is clutch.

Wood

Reaction score
rocyaice;4189776 said:
No one is denying that. We are speaking about "perception" and after Dirk and the Mavs were up 2-0 and lost 4 games straight in the Finals and the following year won 67 games and lost in the 1st round to the Warriors who almost didn't even make the playoffs the Mavs and Dirk were considered "chokers". Dirk was MVP of the league that year and in that 1st round series put up 19 points on 38% shooting.

no we are not...were talking production. You simply can't compare Romo to Dirk in the playoffs...one has been prolific in playoffs and added a championship and the other has been a collasal failure in the playoffs and appears to be getting progressively worse. The HC is now taking the game out of his hands late in games. This is not even a debate anymore!

Eskimo

Reaction score
It depends on who we are trading with.

If we are trading with a bottom 5 team in the league I would consider it but not in the middle of the season since Romo would lead them to a few wins and negate the draft position.

If we are trading it for the pick that will get us Luck then I would do that trade and I would even throw in a first rounder to boot. Romo is a very good QB and he is also a very entertaining QB but he is not at the level of a Payton Manning, Brady or Aaron Rodgers but Luck might be and I would be willing to take the gamble that he is.

If it were a generic top 5 pick plus another first rounder I would have to think about who is available that year to decide on the deal. I might do it because we aren't winning anything until Jerry retires which is unlikely to occur during Romo's tenure but could occur during the tenure of a freshly drafted top QB.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
juck;4189487 said:
For 2 firsts? Hell Yes. I would use them to get Luck. The best QB to be drafted since ages ago. A true top shelf Brady,Manning class QB.

not sure if serious.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;4189975 said:
It depends on who we are trading with.

If we are trading with a bottom 5 team in the league I would consider it but not in the middle of the season since Romo would lead them to a few wins and negate the draft position.

If we are trading it for the pick that will get us Luck then I would do that trade and I would even throw in a first rounder to boot. Romo is a very good QB and he is also a very entertaining QB but he is not at the level of a Payton Manning, Brady or Aaron Rodgers but Luck might be and I would be willing to take the gamble that he is.

If it were a generic top 5 pick plus another first rounder I would have to think about who is available that year to decide on the deal. I might do it because we aren't winning anything until Jerry retires which is unlikely to occur during Romo's tenure but could occur during the tenure of a freshly drafted top QB.

Nobody is forcing you to root for Dallas. If you think those other QBs are so much better than Romo...go become a Pats or Packers fan.

Romo has kept us competitive and relevant for the past few years with a circus around him. Even this year, we've been in every game with a shoddy o-line, a pathetic OC who has us 31st in red zone efficiency, and no running game whatsoever. The credit falls on Romo, Rob's D, and a stud FG kicker.

Ren

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4189972 said:
You can believe what you want. I'm talking about THIS year since we're in the present with a weak, dysfunctional o-line and no running game whatsoever. Romo is our offense this season. We are going to live or die by his arm.

What's sad, but also makes sense, is that some Cowboys "fans" have less respect and appreciation for him than opponents. Just look at what Rex Ryan had to say. Our guy is clutch.

It all comes down to whether or not you honestly think this team can do something this season and at 2-3 there's more then enough reasons for people to have doubts about that. I think having all that crap at QB post Aikman has made people more willing to settle for mediocrity cause it looks great in comparison. Romo can get us to about 8-8 with this current team, i honestly don't see a big difference between that and 6-10 in the long run, we're still watching other teams play for the title. I don't think he's the answer there's to many holes on this team to fill them all in time to make a run with him at QB and i have serious doubts that we could make a run with him even if we where to fill all these holes. Romo is not improving he is what he is a good QB that at times will cost you games.

Trading him would make perfect sense, it's not about not respecting him it's about looking at this team for what it is, average and what moves we can make to be more then that 3-4 years from now. Looking at what the Bengals got for Palmer we could set could have set our selves up nicely for the future by making a trade like that our selves. We're not winning the SB this season so what does 2-3 more wins really accomplish?

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I posted this last year and i'll repeat the thought briefly again.

I wish that Romo had been given the luxury of top flight QB tutelage throughout his tenure here.

The Cam Cameron, Norv Turner, Jerry Rhome, Tom Moore, Mike Holmgren type of guys. Professional coaches who have been around the league for a long time and have a history of developing young QBs.

I really feel Tony has been devoid of this type of teaching, except for a brief taste with Sean Payton. He has had to learn a most of it on his own particularly considering his small school free agent background.

Wade Wilson, Jason Garrett aside i can't help but wonder how good he really could have been.

Now he's in a tough postion, this is the internet, NFL network, talking heads, twitter age and he is QB of the Dallas Cowboys. The pressure is enormous and it will only get worse, i'm not sure he was ever given the proper tools in how to handle it.

Seems like a great guy, but man the noose is tightening.