Would you take Zeke at 4?

robjay04

Reaction score
I guess, but it read like you said Elliott won us 3 games last year playing with Romo. There's my confusion.

I think if they had Ramsey and Howard, they could have easily won double digit games. Howard's season wasn't that far off from Elliott (over 5 ypc and excellent in the passing game) and he played behind a crappier OL.

Maybe but I’m starting to think Howard may have been a one year wonder.

I can’t say I watch a lot of Bears games but I know sometimes a defense will let you run when your QB play is so bad and you have a RB that is not a game changer. See Darren McFadden in 2014.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe but I’m starting to think Howard may have been a one year wonder.

I can’t say I watch a lot of Bears games but I know sometimes a defense will let you run when your QB play is so bad and you have a RB that is not a game changer. See Darren McFadden in 2014.

See, I would say it's the opposite. When your QB is so bad, it's easy then to load the line and try to stop the run because you don't have to worry much about getting beat through the air.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Would you take those OL with 1st rounders knowing what you know now? Getting humiliated vs the Broncos, not protecting Dak, and not opening holes for Zeke too.

Exactly! Are we gonna question every pick every time they have a bad game.... Geesh

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has not had 1/1000th of the problems that Dez has had.

Its just a question. You can answer it any way you want.

How about this...............would you give up the 4th pick in the draft next year to trade for him if we had it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you seem to get very upset whenever someone questions a Cowboy

it'll be ok dear. they're big boys. they can handle it.

Its a legit question. Zeke is looking at a 6 game suspension most likely somewhere down the line. Any NEXT suspension will be a much bigger correct? We saw on Sunday how he acts when the chips are down. His immaturity has shined through on his off the field stuff and the game Sunday. And we have seen great backs being had in later rounds and coming in like Hunt that have played great behind lessor lines.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. I would have traded up for Wentz like I've said all along. If I had to make the mistake of staying at 4 then yes. Zeke. It's not his fault that 1) the woman is a lying and vindictive bleep who's empowered by a league pandering to women...and 2) our overrated offensive line got pushed around like children.

He was the best RB in the league as a rookie. So good that a CFL player could play QB and make people believe he had talent too.

So you are dissing Dak and hailing Zeke? Interesting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As for the question.

The 2016 draft class was weak at the top. Zeke was the best player available. You could make an argument for Ramsey considering our lack of CB depth going into this offseason but that's about it...no other players picked in that range are lighting it up.

If there was a pass rusher there...the team would've took him. Fact is we don't go 13-3 last season with just any running back.

Hopefully this whole situation is old news a year from now and he can learn and move on...we still have 4 years with him as our RB1.

4 years? OUCH!!!! But true.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are a pro at speaking out of both sides and I know you don't do it on purpose. This is who you are.
Kudos.

I happen to agree with everything he said accept for the not liking Zeke part. Im not there yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Especially with what we know now. In the same class as Jim Brown and Eric Dickerson for the most yards in their first season. Are you saying because of one game? Do you have the same argument for Hunts one game?
Suppose Hunt doesn't have another game like his first all year. I don't even see a comparison. Revisit this in December.

Its more than the one game. Its the problems he has had, the suspension coming up, the size of the next one of it happens and way he gave up and pouted when time got tough against Denver, the obvious immaturity and lack of leadership. I could care less about getting stopped by the D. That happens to all great RB's.

Hunt looks incredible. Other backs look good too. The point is knowing that you can these type of backs easily in later rounds. If you didnt know that already, it should be all to obvious now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bosa and Ramsey don't get a 13-3 record last season.

Are you joking? Bosa gets 12 sacks and possibly stops Rogers in the playoffs. If we dont draft Zeke in round 1 then we possibly take a good back in rounds 2-4 and rack up the yards anyway.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Probably Buckner or Conklin or Ramsey or maybe Stanley (I think he's had some injury issues).

We weren't going to take another OT in the Top 10, so that rules out Ramsey and Stanley. So likely the choices at 4 were Ramsey or Buckner.

Oh wait, Leonard Floyd was a Top 10 pick too. 7 sacks as a rookie. But he isn't an everydown DE, he's really an OLB.

From a pure talent perspective, Elliott is the choice. But when you weigh other factors, I still think I'd go Ramsey at 4 and then a TB later.

Refresh my memory but wasn't Buckner the big DT? If so he would probably have been more useful here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You bet. Top 5 player in this league already. Next question? Should have we have taken Jaylon in the 2nd? Now that's a conversation!!

Top 5 in this league? LOL HE may not even be top 5 RB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is far more talented than Hunt, Fournette, or any other RB scenario you want to throw out there. This team needed a bellcow and Wentz was gobbled up by the igglets.

Nonsense. There are plenty of GREAT backs in this league and they dont have the GEM offense to play in like Zeke does.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Never liked the idea of burning the 4th overall pick on a RB. (ex. the 4th overall is worth at least two mid 1st rounders)
But if your going to do it, then Zeke is the level of RB your better get.
:flagwave:

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I wonder how different the team would look had Murray been resigned after 2014... maybe he picks up the block that Randle missed in week 2, Romo doesn't break his collar bone, we have a pretty good 2015, dont pick high enough to get Zeke, don't address backup QB because it didn't just destroy our season...maybe we stay put and draft Paxton Lynch low in the first, Romo still our starter, Murray still our back...cause and effect is funny.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Probably Buckner or Conklin or Ramsey or maybe Stanley (I think he's had some injury issues).

We weren't going to take another OT in the Top 10, so that rules out Ramsey and Stanley. So likely the choices at 4 were Ramsey or Buckner.

Oh wait, Leonard Floyd was a Top 10 pick too. 7 sacks as a rookie. But he isn't an everydown DE, he's really an OLB.

From a pure talent perspective, Elliott is the choice. But when you weigh other factors, I still think I'd go Ramsey at 4 and then a TB later.
Conklin is a damned beast