Would you take Zeke at 4?

John813

Reaction score
Maybe if Bosa didn't get picked at #3.

I, too, think that you can find good to great/hell even good enough backs in rounds 2-5.
Boatload of running backs in the NFL have legit talent and are picked in day 2/3.
Bell, Johnson, Murray, Ajayi, Freeman(his backup Coleman has skill too), Howard etc...

That being said, I thought Zeke was by far the BPA at #4. So, I don't mind that we took him. Ramsey had questions on his game.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Zeke is far more talented than Hunt, Fournette, or any other RB scenario you want to throw out there. This team needed a bellcow and Wentz was gobbled up by the igglets.

robjay04

Reaction score
This is what we would call an opinion, not a fact.

Well I believe anyone who watched the games last year would consider it a fact but you’re obviously entitled to your own opinion. Zeke fits our offense perfectly and is a very special running back. His ability to get the dirty yards, dictate the game and find the endzone won us an extra 3 games with Romo, 6 games without.

I don’t think you really believe Dak and “any running back” wins 13 games last season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well I believe anyone who watched the games last year would consider it a fact but you’re obviously entitled to your own opinion. Zeke fits our offense perfectly and is a very special running back. His ability to get the dirty yards, dictate the game and find the endzone won us an extra 3 games with Romo, 6 games without.

I don’t think you really believe Dak and “any running back” wins 13 games last season.

With Romo?

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe if Bosa didn't get picked at #3.

I, too, think that you can find good to great/hell even good enough backs in rounds 2-5.
Boatload of running backs in the NFL have legit talent and are picked in day 2/3.
Bell, Johnson, Murray, Ajayi, Freeman(his backup Coleman has skill too), Howard etc...

That being said, I thought Zeke was by far the BPA at #4. So, I don't mind that we took him. Ramsey had questions on his game.

Ramsey's questions were overstated by Zeke fans here.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Just curious but who has been the most productive from picks 4-10 of that draft class?

Sydla

Reaction score
Just curious but who has been the most productive from picks 4-10 of that draft class?

Probably Elliott.

But out of picks 4-10, who is potentially facing a 6 game suspension, shown an extraordinary lack of maturity and self awareness and is now being questioned for quitting in a game?

haleyrules

Reaction score
Ha! Bad time to ask. Lets have another look at the end of the season. The real question is does he get a second contract??

wick

Reaction score
I wouldn't, and here's why:
  • He's a running back, and rushing efficiency doesn't determine which team wins games in the NFL.
  • Because he's a running back, he's only worth one contract. I want a top-five pick to be worth at least two contracts.
  • He's immature and prone to on- and off-field issues.
  • It looks like conditioning is going to be an issue.

Swanny

Reaction score
I am one of the guys who wanted Ramsey and I would never take a RB in rd 1. But after 1 bad game and 1 poor effort play and all of a sudden we are not happy with having this guy? Talk about drama. We all complain about drama but then help create the drama with having crazy reactions. INSANITY

mardwin

Reaction score
I'm against taking any RB in the top 10 not named Adrian Peterson. This is a passing league and I put a higher value on QB, CB, LT, DE, and FS. The top 10 running backs in this league (not named zeke) were not drafted with top 10 picks.

mardwin

Reaction score
Even not knowing what i do know now you never take Elliot.

I love his running style dont misunderstand me. And i love the back he is. Still you never take him with the 4th pick. Not worth it. Mid 2nd round ok. But not 4th overall.

But we did alot of strange things:

Romos contract
Crawfords Contract
Dez' Contract

You just gonna live with those things.

Crawford is out after this season and Dez is walking on thin ice.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am one of the guys who wanted Ramsey and I would never take a RB in rd 1. But after 1 bad game and 1 poor effort play and all of a sudden we are not happy with having this guy? Talk about drama. We all complain about drama but then help create the drama with having crazy reactions. INSANITY

I think it's more than that. The poor effort play doesn't play well when taken in context with the fact he's showing himself to be kind of immature off the field.

I'll also just throw this out there.

Elliott had a lot of use last year. There are a bunch of stats out there indicating significant drop offs in production the year following major use by a TB. I figured given his age, Elliott was immune from that. I mean I didn't expect 1600-1700 yards again but could we see a season where he drops to like 1,000 yards?

Anyway, even if Elliott was tearing it up the first two weeks this year, I think I might still go Ramsey and then say Howard later given what I know about Zeke's off the field issues, the fact our secondary desperately needs talent and that Howard showed himself to be a very, very good TB his rookie year as well.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Probably Elliott.

But out of picks 4-10, who is potentially facing a 6 game suspension, shown an extraordinary lack of maturity and self awareness and is now being questioned for quitting in a game?

Excellent point. So who would be the second most productive?

cej757

Reaction score
Zeke is far more talented than Hunt, Fournette, or any other RB scenario you want to throw out there. This team needed a bellcow and Wentz was gobbled up by the igglets.

I love Zeke but if you gave me the option next year between Zeke or Saquon Barkley I'm taking Barkley all day. Barkley is gonna be the best rb in the league if he gets to play behind a decent o-line.

Sydla

Reaction score
Excellent point. So who would be the second most productive?

Probably Buckner or Conklin or Ramsey or maybe Stanley (I think he's had some injury issues).

We weren't going to take another OT in the Top 10, so that rules out Ramsey and Stanley. So likely the choices at 4 were Ramsey or Buckner.

Oh wait, Leonard Floyd was a Top 10 pick too. 7 sacks as a rookie. But he isn't an everydown DE, he's really an OLB.

From a pure talent perspective, Elliott is the choice. But when you weigh other factors, I still think I'd go Ramsey at 4 and then a TB later.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think we finish better than 10-6 with McFadden or “any running back” even if Romo was the QB last season.

I guess, but it read like you said Elliott won us 3 games last year playing with Romo. There's my confusion.

I think if they had Ramsey and Howard, they could have easily won double digit games. Howard's season wasn't that far off from Elliott (over 5 ypc and excellent in the passing game) and he played behind a crappier OL.