Would you trade 24 for Patrick Surtain?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No. Cornerbacks don't matter.

Give the Cowboys the 4 best cornerbacks on the planet and they still won't win a thing in 2024.
BEST POST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guranteed on 3rd and 19, the opposing team will get 23 yards!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is actually interesting.

And if they extend Dak tomorrow then yes I would.
Because if you are going to try to win for 3-4 years then that trade is excellent.
Former teammates PS2, Diggs and Bland? Whewwwww.....

Not if they want half my draft mind you but if they want 24 and low-level filler? Yes.
But if I am all in on a 1-year run I wouldn't do it.
Yes, he'd likely be great for 1-year but I can't give up that much value for 1 year of PS2.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is actually interesting.

And if they extend Dak tomorrow then yes I would.
Because if you are going to try to win for 3-4 years then that trade is excellent.
Former teammates PS2, Diggs and Bland? Whewwwww.....

Not if they want half my draft mind you but if they want 24 and low-level filler? Yes.
But if I am all in on a 1-year run I wouldn't do it.
Yes, he'd likely be great for 1-year but I can't give up that much value for 1 year of PS2.
you can't spend 20 million and 20 million for 2 cb's, then bland will want a nice deal too!

Kingofholland

Reaction score

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd rather go stupid than the norm of save us rookies.

And people ignoring blands struggles late in the year is interesting.
This thread is an example of how fans overvalue picks. An elite, probably the best CB in the game, play at a Money 5 position for a late 1st rounder is a no brainer. You would be dumb to turn that down. Denver would never do it though. He is probably as valuable as Ramsey was when Jacksonville traded him. If not more

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Why would we do that?

Are we really in it to win teh SB? Who, after years of knowing that is not the case is believing in that tihs year? Who? and would you get players that could make a difference only to WASTE more years of other potential super stars, ,like Micah and CeeDee?

Can people stop spitting what they are told and start thinking. Jerry jones every year tells you "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE SB" and you guys are screaming, decade after decade "GUYS HE REALLY WANTS A SB!!"

we need to put be putting posters in their boxes so we know the ones who want a legit conversation vs those spitting what the media tells them.

no, i am NOT for getting anyone, i am FOR letitng our guys get more out of the league than what Dallas has to offer.

slick325

Reaction score
Major rebuild going on in Denver. They are willing to sell everything it seems.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would we do that?

Are we really in it to win teh SB? Who, after years of knowing that is not the case is believing in that tihs year? Who? and would you get players that could make a difference only to WASTE more years of other potential super stars, ,like Micah and CeeDee?

Can people stop spitting what they are told and start thinking. Jerry jones every year tells you "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE SB" and you guys are screaming, decade after decade "GUYS HE REALLY WANTS A SB!!"

we need to put be putting posters in their boxes so we know the ones who want a legit conversation vs those spitting what the media tells them.

no, i am NOT for getting anyone, i am FOR letitng our guys get more out of the league than what Dallas has to offer.
This is an odd take. So because you’re pessimistic you feel the rest of us should be?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is an odd take. So because you’re pessimistic you feel the rest of us should be?

no, but i would at least like a reason.

i dont go for the "Jerry wants to win" because someone else told them so. At least tell me why you believe this or how.

I also dont go for the "this one player will win it for us" again, tell me how, what is the rest of us missing.

what i am against is evidence of Jerry SHOWING everyone he is NOT interested in teh SB and every year, here comes teh same posters, "GUYS, JERRY WANTS A SB"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need help upfront. Our DL and LBs are being manhandled by good teams. We need more size. We have to get better stopping the run.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We need help upfront. Our DL and LBs are being manhandled by good teams. We need more size. We have to get better stopping the run.
if we re going to follow trends, we need good coaching and good lines. we tend to plug in one super star thinking that will be enough, it hardly ever works

TwentyOne

Reaction score
For a second rounder maybe. But not for this price.

Anyways... We dont need a CB. Well we could but first we need NTs and one hard nosed LB.