Would you trade 24 for Patrick Surtain?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Surtain was part of the defense that gave up what, 70? No Im not trading 24 for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'll kick the tires on Bosa . Trade my rd 2 pick this year and my 2025 rd 2 pick.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. The boys are already top heavy in contracts. They need the 5 year control of a good player that pick brings.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
If we had a solid OL, DL, and LB corp; then sure, this would be a good move. But, again; you do not build a successful team from the outside in.

Beaker42

Reaction score
In a freaking heartbeat. CB is a real area of concern because Bland got 3rd degree burns k every game from Thanksgiving on.

This would cement our secondarily and allow us to get after it in the draft and FA.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a freaking heartbeat. CB is a real area of concern because Bland got 3rd degree burns k every game from Thanksgiving on.

This would cement our secondarily and allow us to get after it in the draft and FA.
You did see the terms of a proposed deal with SF?

San Francisco 49ers receive: CB Patrick Surtain II
Denver Broncos receive: 2024 first-round pick (No. 31 overall), 2024 second-round pick (No. 63 overall), 2024 third-round pick (No. 94 overall)

You would be willing to give up our first 3 draft picks for a CB? That means the Cowboys wouldn't be drafting until the 5th round. Exactly how would they be able to "get after it in the draft"???

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't TWO shut-down CBs allow you to play more players in the box? Also, buy your pass rushers an extra second or two. His overall impact on the D would be huge IMO.

Flamma

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't TWO shut-down CBs allow you to play more players in the box? Also, buy your pass rushers an extra second or two. His overall impact on the D would be huge IMO.
Yeah, but two issues with that. No way does Denver accept a late first round pick for him. They'll want more. He's really good and 23 years old. I also don't think Dallas wants to have two corners making 20m each. I'd say Surtain isn't even a consideration.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah, but two issues with that. No way does Denver accept a late first round pick for him. They'll want more. He's really good and 23 years old. I also don't think Dallas wants to have two corners making 20m each. I'd say Surtain isn't even a consideration.
Our shut down corners have to come up for run support, which exposes them to get beat and risk injury.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Surtain cost the Broncos 1 pick to draft. Now they want multiple picks for him? Pass.

Besides, Cowboys are fine at CB. One of out strongest positions on this team.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The 24th overall pick isn't enough.

I'm surprise I haven't read a "let's trade the Schoonmaker" for Surtain post yet.

That said....I have 3 pages of posts yet to read.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Of course we would/should, but 24 isn’t going to be enough. He’s an elite player at one of the most important positions on any team.

He would be our best corner and give us the best secondary in the NFL for the next five years.

Not sure why people are saying no. You guys are crazy. What do you think the team is going to land at #24? lol.

Probably any GM in the league would trade #24 for this player and throw a 2nd or 3rd rounder with it.
100%

Our #24 would be a nice foundation for the trade... but more would be needed.

The SF proposed trade is more realistic: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

But our 1st is higher. So maybe 24th pick this year, a 3rd this year, and a 3rd next year would get it done. Maybe.

It's hilarious: whenever the Zaney Zoners in here propose trades for OUR players, it's "hey Mazi sucks, let's trade him to the Bears for the #1 overall pick. They need a DT". But when it's us trading for a player, it's "hey let's get Mahomes, we'll give KC Pollard and a 2nd. They need a scatback"